About the Clarion VMA7191
Turn your vehicle into a personal movie theater! Clarion designs its audio/video products for high performance, and the VMA7191 is no exception. This 7" color LCD monitor employs a Thin Film Transistor (TFT) active matrix display to enhance definition and improve contrast and color.
You can select between 16:9 and 4:3 screen formats, and the front panel control toggles through brightness, contrast, tint, and color so you can tweak the video image to your liking. Two RCA composite video inputs offer flexibility when connecting a multi-source system. The built-in remote eye on the monitor works directly with a Clarion video cassette recorder for system convenience.
- 7" wide active matrix color LCD display
- front panel control over brightness, contrast, tint, and color
- selectable 16:9/4:3 wide screen format
- two RCA composite video inputs
- IR eye on the VMA7191 controls Clarion video-cassette recorder
- viewing angle: up/down 15°-35°; left/right 55°-55°
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- 7" color LCD monitor with attached 8-pin female 4" DIN pigtail cable
- 16.75' Extension cable with an 8-pin male DIN connector on one end and 4 connectors on the other end (Male RCA Video 1 In/male RCA Video 2 In/Power Molex plug/IR 3.5 mm stereo male mini remote out)
- 1 Bolt
- 1 Nut
- 1 Flat washer
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration/Warranty Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Clarion VMA7191
Color LCD: The VMA7191 is a TFT active matrix color LCD that delivers a striking picture and superior image resolution.
Applications: This LCD monitor will work with any video source with an RCA composite video output. When used with a Clarion mobile VCR and/or TV tuner, each component can be controlled by its respective remote when pointed at the IR eye on this monitor.
Compatibility with Optional Video Consoles: The optional Clarion consoles are designed to house the VMA7191 monitor at an optimal viewing angle for rear seat passengers. The consoles are styled to match the color and texture of the materials used in your vehicle, they fit between the front seats, and they require no vehicle modifications. If a console or monitor housing (see below) is not available for your vehicle, then custom work will be needed to install this monitor.
Compatibility with Optional Monitor Housings: The optional Clarion monitor housings are designed as add-ons to the existing factory consoles of certain vehicles, and they permit monitor viewing by rear seat passengers. The monitor housings are styled to match the colors and materials of the factory consoles to which they attach. If a monitor housing or console (see above) is not available for your vehicle, then custom work will be needed to install this monitor.
Viewing Angle: The recommended viewing angle of the monitor is 15°-35° vertical and 55°-55° degrees horizontal.
On Screen Display: Displays the on-screen menus of the video sources connected to the monitor.
- Power: turns the monitor on and off
- Picture: toggles through brightness, contrast, tint, and color
- Toggle (-/+) Switch: allows you to make the picture adjustments that you select with the picture control button
- Wide Mode: toggles between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio
- Source: toggles between video 1 and video 2
- Composite RCA Video 1 Input: accepts video signal input
- Composite RCA Video 2 Input: accepts video signal input
- IR Remote Out: links monitor to components with compatible IR connections
- Power Connector: Supplies power and ground to the monitor. It terminates in a Molex plug. Note: The Molex plug currently doesn't plug into any of Clarion's multimedia products, so the plug must be cut off. With the power wire you need to attach an in-line fuse (3A) before splicing the lead into the power wiring in your car.
- Display Type: Color TFT Active Matrix LCD
- Pixels: 1440 x 234
- Screen Resolution: 336,960 Dots
- Video System: NTSC/PAL
- Power Requirement: DC 12V (9-16 V)
- Power Consumption: 0.8A Max. (0.8A or less)
- Operation Temperature: 41-104 degrees Fahrenheit