About the AudioSource AD1002
Multi-room audio power
Multi-room audio power
The AudioSource AD1002 stereo power amp makes a great choice for powering speakers in your multi-room sound system. This versatile amp's dual line-level inputs let you enjoy sound from one main music source plus and additional "local" audio source, switching automatically between the two.
Say you have a network audio player — such as a Sonos Port — as your primary source feeding the AD1002's main input. Any time you fire up the Sonos player, your AD1002 turns itself on and sends the music to your speakers. Then, if you connect another music source like a CD player or portable music player to the secondary local "Interrupt" input, the amp will switch to that source whenever it senses an incoming music signal. When a CD stops playing, the AD1002 will automatically switch back to the Sonos. There's no need to manually switch inputs.
Bridged mono mode for more power
The AD1002 can power one or two pairs of speakers. Use it in stereo mode, or add a second amp and bridge them for a more powerful dual-mono setup. This amp's low-profile design makes it easy to place in a room where space is tight. Place it on a shelf or stand, or rack mount one or multiple units with the included hardware.
With loop output and 12-volt trigger input and output, the AD1002 provides the power and flexibility to support a wide range of multi-room system configurations.
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms (10-30,000 Hz) at 1% THD with 2 channels driven
- 160 watts when bridged into a single 8-ohm load
- 75 watts into 4 ohms
- high-efficiency switching amplifier design
- front-panel volume and balance controls
- A/B speaker switching
- rear-panel bass and treble controls (± 12dB @ 100 Hz and 10,000 Hz)
- main and secondary ("Interrupt") audio line inputs with automatic source switching
- loop output on the main line input passes that audio signal on to another amp, giving you flexibility in designing a multi-room system
- signal sensing "Power On" and Trigger mode
- auto on select switch allows manual or signal sensing power on/off
- total harmonic distortion: less than 1%
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz (-2 dB, +1 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- binding post A and B speaker connectors
- rack-mountable with included hardware
- 16-15/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-11/16"D
- 4.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AD1002
What's in the box:
- Digital stereo power amplifier
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- 6 Machine screws
- Owner's Manual
AudioSource AD1002 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioSource AD1002
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||50|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||75|
|Bridged Power per Channel||160 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
AudioSource AD Series: AudioSource AD series amplifiers are designed for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound, flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AD series offers exceptional value and many features that will make their installation and use easy and convenient.
Digital Stereo Power Amplifier: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo power amplifier is designed for dedicated stereo & distributed audio applications. It offers A & B speaker outputs. The amplifier can be configured for Stereo or Bridged output.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 50 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <1% THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 75 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <1% THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 160 watts x 1 channel, 1kHz, <1% THD+N
Front-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo power amplifier features the following front-panel controls.
- Power Switch: The front-panel Power Switch turns the AD1002 on or off. A red LED indicates connection to AC power while in standby mode and turns green indicating audio signal is present.
- Volume: The front-panel rotary volume knob allows you to adjust the amplifier's overall volume level.
- A/B Speaker Selector: You can select Speakers A, Speakers B, or Both for playback.
- Balance: The Balance control lets you fade the amplifier's speaker output between the Right & Left channels.
Rear-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AD1002 offers the following rear-panel controls.
- Bass & Treble: Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) can be adjusted from -12dB to + 12dB.
- Stereo Mode: Select Stereo mode for connecting one or two pair of loudspeakers.
- Bridged Mode: When set to Bridged mode, the AD1002 becomes a single channel mono amplifier for powering one speaker. The amp's Left && Right RCA inputs will be summed together as a mono output. Only one zone (A or B) can be bridged; not both.
- Auto On Switch: Power can be turned on and off manually via the switch on the front-panel or automatically by signal sensing. Set the Auto On switch to Normal for manual power on/off. Set the Auto switch to Auto for signal sensing; the amp will turn on when audio signal is detected at the inputs The front-panel power switch must be in the On position (pushed in) for the Auto On feature to operate.
Rear-Panel Connections: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo power amplifier is equipped with the following inputs & outputs
- Main Input/Output: The AD1002 Main Input consists of stereo RCA jacks and are used as the amplifier's primary audio inputs. The Main Output also consists of stereo RCA jacks and passthrough the AD1002's Main Input audio signal to another amplifier.
- Interrupting Line Input: The Interrupting Input consists of stereo RCA Jacks. This input can be used if a second source is desired and takes over when signal is present and has at least a 5mV level. When there is no signal, or a signal with less than 5mV level, the amp switches back to Main input after a brief delay.
- Speaker A/B Terminals: The AudioSource AD1002 is fitted with binding-post terminals for A & B speaker connection for powering up to two pair of speakers. The minimum impedance for each speaker section is 4-ohm in Stereo mode and 8-ohm in Bridged mode. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
- Trigger In/Out: The 12V trigger input and output allow the AD1002 to be powered on by other electronics or to power on other electronics via a 3.5mm minijack cable.
- Power Cord: The digital stereo power amplifier features an attached 5.5' AC power cord.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo power amplifier features four rubber feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand. You can also remove the four rubber feet and rack-mount the amplifier using the included rack-mount ears and screws.
7 questions already asked