AudioSource AD Series: AudioSource AD series amplifiers are designed
for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound,
flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AD series offers exceptional
value and many features that will make their installation and use easy and
Digital Stereo Power Amplifier: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo
power amplifier is designed for dedicated stereo & distributed audio
applications. It offers A & B speaker outputs. The amplifier can be configured
for Stereo or Bridged output.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 50 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <1% THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 75 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <1% THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 160 watts x 2 channel, 1kHz, <1% THD+N
Front-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo power
amplifier features the following front-panel controls.
- Power Switch: The front-panel Power Switch turns the AD1002 on or
off. A red LED indicates connection to AC power while in standby mode and
turns green indicating audio signal is present.
- Volume: The front-panel rotary volume knob allows you to adjust
the amplifier's overall volume level.
- A/B Speaker Selector: You can select Speakers A, Speakers B, or
Both for playback.
- Balance: The Balance control lets you fade the amplifier's
speaker output between the Right & Left channels.
Rear-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AD1002 offers the following
- Bass & Treble: Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) can be adjusted
from -12dB to + 12dB.
- Stereo Mode: Select Stereo mode for connecting one or two pair of
- Bridged Mode: When set to Bridged mode, the AD1002 becomes a
single channel mono amplifier for powering one speaker. The amp's Left &&
Right RCA inputs will be summed together as a mono output. Only one zone (A
or B) can be bridged; not both.
- Auto On Switch: Power can be turned on and off manually via the
switch on the front-panel or automatically by signal sensing. Set the Auto
On switch to Normal for manual power on/off. Set the Auto switch to Auto for
signal sensing; the amp will turn on when audio signal is detected at the
inputs The front-panel power switch must be in the On position (pushed in)
for the Auto On feature to operate.
Rear-Panel Connections: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo power amplifier is
equipped with the following inputs & outputs
- Main Input/Output: The AD1002 Main Input consists of stereo RCA
jacks and are used as the amplifier's primary audio inputs. The Main Output
also consists of stereo RCA jacks and passthrough the AD1002's Main Input
audio signal to another amplifier.
- Interrupting Line Input: The Interrupting Input consists of stereo RCA
Jacks. This input can be used if a second source is desired and takes over
when signal is present and has at least a 5mV level. When there is no
signal, or a signal with less than 5mV level, the amp switches back to Main
input after a brief delay.
- Speaker A/B Terminals: The AudioSource AD1002 is fitted with
binding-post terminals for A & B speaker connection for powering up to two
pair of speakers. The minimum impedance for each speaker section is 4-ohm in
Stereo mode and 8-ohm in Bridged mode. The binding post terminals will
accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single
- Trigger In/Out: The 12V trigger input and output allow the AD1002
to be powered on by other electronics or to power on other electronics via a
3.5mm minijack cable.
- Power Cord: The digital stereo power amplifier features an
attached 5.5' AC power cord.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AD1002 digital stereo power
amplifier features four rubber feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat
surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand. You can also remove the four rubber
feet and rack-mount the amplifier using the included rack-mount ears and screws.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.