About the AudioSource AMP100VS
High-quality power for multi-room audio
High-quality power for multi-room audio
The AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amp makes a great choice for powering speakers in your multi-room sound system. Its low-distortion, high-current design really packs a punch for getting the most out of your music. This versatile amp's dual line-level inputs let you enjoy sound from one main music source plus an additional "local" audio source, switching automatically between the two.
Say you have a network audio player, such as a Sonos Port, as your primary source feeding the AMP100VS's main input. Any time you fire up the Sonos player, your AMP100VS turns itself on and sends the music to your speakers. Then, if you connect another music source like a CD player or a dedicated Bluetooth® receiver to the secondary local "Interrupt" input, the amp will switch to that source whenever it senses an incoming music signal. When the CD or Bluetooth stops playing, the amplifier will automatically switch back to the Sonos component. There's no need to manually switch inputs.
Bridged mono mode for more power
The AMP100VS can power one or two pairs of speakers. Use it in stereo mode, or add a second amp and bridge them for a more powerful dual-mono setup. This amp's low-profile design makes it easy to place in a room where space is tight.
With loop output and 12-volt trigger input and output, the AMP100VS provides the power and flexibility to support a wide range of multi-room system configurations.
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms (10-30,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD with 2 channels driven
- 150 watts when bridged into a single 8-ohm load
- 60 watts into 4 ohms
- high-current Class AB amplifier design
- front-panel volume and balance controls
- A/B speaker switching
- rear-panel bass and treble controls (± 12dB @ 100 Hz and 10,000 Hz)
- main and secondary ("Interrupt") audio line inputs with automatic source switching
- loop output on the main line input passes that audio signal on to another amp, giving you flexibility in designing a multi-room system
- signal sensing "Power On" and Trigger mode
- auto on select switch allows manual or signal sensing power on/off
- unswitched AC convenience outlet for powering a source component (400 watts max)
- total harmonic distortion: less than 0.2%
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz (+0 dB, -3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- binding post A and B speaker connectors
- 16-1/2"W x 2-15/16"H x 9-1/2"D
- 9.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMP100VS
What's in the box:
- Stereo power amplifier
- Owner's Manual
AudioSource AMP100VS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioSource AMP100VS
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||50|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||60|
|Bridged Power per Channel||150 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
AudioSource Amp Series: AudioSource AMP series amplifiers are designed for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound, flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AMP series offers exceptional value and many features that will make their installation and use easy and convenient.
Stereo Power Amplifier: The AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amplifier is designed for dedicated stereo & distributed audio applications. It offers A & B speaker outputs. The amplifier can be configured for Stereo or Bridged output.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 50 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 60 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 150 watts x 1 channel, 1kHz, <1% THD+N
Front-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amplifier features the following front-panel controls.
- Power Switch: The front-panel Power Switch turns the AMP100VS on or off. A red LED indicates connection to AC power while in standby mode and turns green indicating audio signal is present.
- Volume: The front-panel rotary volume knob allows you to adjust the amplifier's overall volume level.
- A/B Speaker Selector: You can select Speakers A, Speakers B, or Both for playback.
- Balance: The Balance control lets you fade the amplifier's speaker output between the Right & Left channels.
Rear-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AMP100VS offers the following rear-panel controls.
- Bass & Treble: Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) can be adjusted from -12dB to + 12dB.
- Stereo Mode: Select Stereo mode for connecting one or two pair of loudspeakers.
- Bridged Mode: When set to Bridged mode, the AMP100VS becomes a single channel mono amplifier for powering one speaker. Only the Right audio input is used during bridged-mode. Only one zone (A or B) can be bridged; not both.
- Auto On Switch: Power can be turned on and off manually via the switch on the front-panel or automatically by signal sensing. Set the Auto On switch to Normal for manual power on/off. Set the Auto switch to Auto for signal sensing; the amp will turn on when audio signal is detected at the inputs The front-panel power switch must be in the On position (pushed in) for the Auto On feature to operate.
Rear-Panel Connections: The AudioSource AMP100VS digital stereo power amplifier is equipped with the following inputs & outputs
- Main Input/Output: The AMP100VS Main Input consists of stereo RCA jacks and are used as the amplifier's primary audio inputs. The Main Output also consists of stereo RCA jacks and passthrough the AMP100VS's Main Input audio signal to another amplifier.
- Interrupting Line Input: The Interrupting Input consists of stereo RCA Jacks. This input can be used if a second source is desired and takes over when signal is present and has at least a 5mV level. When there is no signal, or a signal with less than 5mV level, the amp switches back to Main input after a brief delay.
- Speaker A/B Terminals: The AudioSource AMP100VS is fitted with binding-post terminals for A & B speaker connection for powering up to two pair of speakers. The minimum impedance for each speaker section is 4-ohm in Stereo mode and 8-ohm in Bridged mode. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- Trigger In/Out: The 12V trigger input and output allow the AMP100VS to be powered on by other electronics or to power on other electronics via a 3.5mm minijack cable.
- Unswitched AC Terminal: A two-prong AC terminal provides power for an additional component, such as a CD or DVD player, turntable, or other non-amplified electronic component. Do not connect another amplifier or receiver. Ensure 400W max power consumption for any device plugged into this terminal.
- Power Cord: The stereo power amplifier features an attached 5.5' AC power cord.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AMP100VS stereo power amplifier features four rubber feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand.
123 questions already asked