About the AudioSource AMP1200VS
Power speakers in six zones
Power speakers in six zones
Listening to music all around your house is a lot of fun, and AudioSource makes it easy. Their rack-mountable AMP1200VS is a high-current, multi-zone amplifier that drives up to six pairs of speakers simultaneously. It's flexible, too. Play the same source through all six zones, or play a different source in each of your rooms.
Great for indoor and outdoor speakers
AudioSource equipped the '1200VS with plenty of horsepower for your speakers. It delivers 40 watts per channel at both four and eight ohms. Need more power to drive your outdoor or floor-standing speakers? Bridge two channels together and get a robust 80 watts per channel at eight ohms. It's the perfect amp to power speakers in the bedrooms, the kitchen, and the front and back porches — all at the same time.
Versatile inputs and outputs
The AMP1200VS offers two pairs of RCA inputs. These let you for connected sources through one or more zones at the same time. Say you have a Sonos CONNECT hooked up to input 1, and you're listening to Paul Simon's Graceland through Spotify®. You can have one, two, or even all six zones play Graceland. Let's say you also have a CD player hooked up to input 2. Four zones can jam to Paul Simon, while the other two play a CD.
Each zone also has a dedicated pair of RCA inputs to play a connected source through a single zone. Want to expand your multi-room system? Use the RCA outputs to daisy-chain two amplifiers together and play the same source through both.
Multiple power-on options
Use the front-panel power button to toggle the '1200VS on and off. It can also turn on automatically when it detects a source. 12-volt trigger compatibility makes for flexible system configuration. It lets the amp turn on when another piece of equipment is fired up.
Precise volume control for each zone
Each zone of the '1200VS has individual volume adjustment for the left and right channels, giving you precise control over your system. If you have a big room that needs more volume to get to your preferred listening level, you won't blast the other zones when you turn up your source or preamp.
- 40 watts per channel into 4 or 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD with all channels driven
- 80 watts x 6 into 8 ohms bridged
- 12-channel amplifier with 6 independent playback zones
- play the same source through all 6 zones, or play a different source in each zone
- high-efficiency switching amplifier design
- extensive internal circuitry protects against overheating
- detachable speaker connectors
- rear-mounted independent level controls for each channel
- Bus 1 and Bus 2 RCA inputs can be assigned to any channel so that different sources are available for each zone
- each pair of bus inputs has a corresponding RCA output that can be daisy-chained to another amplifier
- discrete pair of RCA inputs for each zone
- flexible power modes include on/off, signal-sensing, and 12-volt trigger
- rack-mountable with included hardware
- frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz (+0 dB, -3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- 16-1/2"W x 4"H x 14-1/4"D
- weight: 30 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMP1200VS
What's in the box:
- 12-Channel power amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- 4 Short screws
- 4 Long screws
- Owner's Manual
AudioSource AMP1200VS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioSource AMP1200VS
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||12|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||40|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||40|
|Bridged Power per Channel||80 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||14|
AudioSource Amp Series: AudioSource AMP series amplifiers are designed for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound, flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AMP series offers exceptional value and many features that will make their installation and use easy and convenient.
12 Channel Amplifier: The AudioSource AMP1200VS employs a Class A/B amplifier design with 8 channels of amplification that can be used in a Stereo (4 to 8-ohm) or Bridged (8-ohm) configuration.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 40 watts x 12 channel, 20-20kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 40 watts x 12 channel, 20-20kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 80 watts x 6 channel, 1kHz, <0.2% THD+N
6 Zones: The 12 channel power amplifier is divided into 6 Zones. Each Zone can consist of either a pair of speakers in Stereo or a single Bridged mono speaker.
2 Bus Inputs/Outputs: The AMP1200VS has two common or BUS inputs that receives audio signals from standard line-level audio sources and sends them to any or all channels. The BUS line outputs are direct feed-through to allow the BUS inputs to be fed to other amplifiers.
12 Independent Channel Inputs: All twelve channels of the amplifier have their own dedicated input that allows the connection of audio sources in addition to the common BUS inputs.
Phoenix-Style Speaker Connectors: The AMP1200VS uses high quality Phoenix-style connectors for the speaker connections. Use 14-18 gauge stranded two-conductor loudspeaker wire.
Controls: The AudioSource AMP1200VS is equipped with the following controls to fine-tune your distributed audio system.
- Channel Gain Control: Each channel has its own independent level adjustment on the back of the amplifier. This allows the output level of each speaker to be perfectly matched to its area. It can also be used to limit the maximum audio level in a certain area.
LED Status Indicator Lights: Each pair of channels or zones has a bi-color LED to indicate its operational status. A Blue light indicates normal operation, a Red light indicates that the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated, and no light indicates the unit is in standby mode. These indicators provide quick and easy troubleshooting of the system.
Power On/Off Modes: The AudioSource AMP1200VS offers 3 Power On/Off Modes - Manual, Auto, and Trigger.
- Manual: In this mode, you can simply turn the AMP1200VS On or Off by pressing the Power button on the front of the amplifier.
- Auto: Set to Auto for signal sensing, which allows the amp to turn on when an audio signal (>5mV) is detected at on of its inputs. The front-panel power switch must be in the On position (pushed in) for the Auto feature to operate. When there is no audio signal present, the amplifier will return to Standby mode after 15 minutes.
- Trigger In/Out: The 12V trigger input and output allow the AMP1200VS to be powered on by other electronics or to power on other electronics via a 3.5mm minijack cable. The trigger input can operate with voltages between 3 and 30VDC.
Protection Circuitry: If the amplifier's protection circuitry determines that a channel must be shut down due to excessive heat or low impedance (a short), only the channels that are affected will be turned off. The remaining zones or channels will continue to operate. Once the condition has been corrected for the zone or channel in question, audio will be output again.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AMP1200VS power amplifier features four rubber feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand. You can also remove the four rubber feet and rack-mount the amplifier using the included rack-mount ears and screws.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked