- ideal for a custom-installed multi-room audio system
- coaxial driver array is angled 15° to direct sound down and toward your listening area
- 1" polymer soft dome tweeter
- pivoting tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details toward you
- 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 125 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- paintable grille for discreet installation
- cutout diameter: 8-5/8"
- overall diameter: 9-7/8"
- mounting depth: 4-3/16"
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AS615C
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- Mounting-Hole Compass
- Grille tool
- Cardboard Cutout Template
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioSource Performance Series AS615C
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Power Range (Watts)||5-125|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
2-Way Driver Design: The AudioSource AS615C in-ceiling loudspeaker employs a 2-way driver design with a 1" soft-dome polymer tweeter coaxially mounted to a 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer for room-filling stereo sound. The coaxial driver array is angled 15-degrees to direct sound down toward your listening area. The tweeter is also aimable to further direct sound to your main listening position.
Applications: The AudioSource AS615C is the perfect choice for whole-house audio and 2ch music applications. The AS615C can also serve as a front, center surround, surround back, or overhead speaker in a home theater setup.
Low-Profile Magnetic Grille: The AS615C in-ceiling speaker comes with a low-profile magnetic grille that sits only 0.25" from the ceiling. The magnetic grille is paintable.
In-Ceiling Installation: The AudioSource AS615C is designed for standard drywall ceilings and drop ceilings with at least 3/8" thick wall material. Standard "dog-leg" locking mechanisms are utilized to secure the speaker in the ceiling.
- The AS615C requires a circular (round) cutout that measures 8.625" (diameter) x 4.125" (depth) cutout. Its outer frame measures 9.875" (diameter) x 0.25" (depth).
- Make sure to leave at least 0.75" of open space (without obstruction) around the cutout above the ceiling, so the speaker's locking mechanisms will have room to engage fully.
- Be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the ceiling cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Spring Post Terminals: The AS615C in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-post terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths between 50' and 100', use at least 14-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100', use at least 12-gauge speaker wire.
Note: Your speaker wire must comply with all local building and safety codes for use in in-ceiling applications.