- stereo-input design plays both the left and right channels of a stereo mix
- dual 1" polymer soft dome tweeters
- 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 125 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- paintable grille for discreet installation
- cutout diameter: 7-1/4"
- overall diameter: 8-7/16"
- mounting depth: 3-5/16"
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AS61C
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- Mounting-Hole Compass
- Cutout Template
- Installation Guide
AudioSource Performance Series AS61C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioSource Performance Series AS61C
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Power Range (Watts)||5-125|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Stereo Driver Design: The AudioSource AS61C in-ceiling loudspeaker employs a stereo driver design with two 1" soft-dome polymer tweeters and one 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer for room-filling stereo sound.
Stereo Input: The AS61C in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with two sets of spring-post terminals to connect the left and right channels of your stereo amplifier. The spring-post terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths between 50' and 100', use at least 14-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100', use at least 12-gauge speaker wire.
Note: Your speaker wire must comply with all local building and safety codes for use in in-ceiling applications.
Applications: Because of its stereo design, the AudioSource AS61C is perfect for distributed audio applications where you want stereo sound, but only have room or the budget for a single loudspeaker.
Low-Profile Magnetic Grille: The AS61C in-ceiling speaker comes with a low-profile magnetic grille that sits only 0.25" from the ceiling. The grille is paintable.
In-Ceiling Installation: The AudioSource AS61C is designed for standard drywall ceilings and drop ceilings with at least 3/8" thick wall material. Standard "dog-leg" locking mechanisms are utilized to secure the speaker in the ceiling.
- The AS61C requires a circular (round) cutout that measures 7.25" (diameter) x 3.3125" (depth) cutout. Its outer frame measures 8.4375" (diameter) x 0.25" (depth).
- Make sure to leave at least 0.75" of open space (without obstruction) around the cutout above the ceiling, so the speaker's locking mechanisms will have room to engage fully.
- Be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the ceiling cavity that will interfere with the speaker.