- ideal for use in a custom-installed multi-room audio system
- can be used as overhead effects channels as part of a home theater system
- 1" polymer soft dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 125 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- paintable grille for discreet installation
- cutout diameter: 7-1/4"
- overall diameter: 8-7/16"
- mounting depth: 3-5/16"
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AS65C
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Mounting-Hole Compass
- Cutout Template
- Installation Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the AudioSource Performance Series AS65C
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||5-125|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
2-Way Driver Design: The AudioSource AS65C in-ceiling loudspeaker employs a 2-way driver design with a 1" soft-dome polymer tweeter coaxially mounted to a 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer for room-filling stereo sound.
Applications: The AudioSource AS65C is the perfect choice for whole-house audio and 2ch music applications. The AS65C can also serve as surround, surround back, and overhead speakers in a home theater setup.
Low-Profile Magnetic Grille: The AS65C in-ceiling speaker comes with a low-profile magnetic grille that sits only 0.25" from the ceiling. The grille is paintable.
In-Ceiling Installation: The AudioSource AS65C is designed for standard drywall ceilings and drop ceilings with at least 3/8" thick wall material. Standard "dog-leg" locking mechanisms are utilized to secure the speaker in the ceiling.
- The AS65C requires a circular (round) cutout that measures 7.25" (diameter) x 3.3125" (depth) cutout. Its outer frame measures 8.4375" (diameter) x 0.25" (depth).
- Make sure to leave at least 0.75" of open space (without obstruction) around the cutout above the ceiling, so the speaker's locking mechanisms will have room to engage fully.
- Be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the ceiling cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Spring Post Terminals: The AS65C in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-post terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths between 50' and 100', use at least 14-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100', use at least 12-gauge speaker wire.
Note: Your speaker wire must comply with all local building and safety codes for use in in-ceiling applications.