About the AudioSource AMP102VS
Solid stereo power and flexible installation options
Solid stereo power and flexible installation options
Looking for a stereo amplifier for your custom installation that doesn't take up much space? The AudioSource AMP102VS power amp's standard two rack unit height and included mounting ears make it ideal for your rack-mounted stereo system. Use it as a stand-alone amp, or connect it to your home theater receiver's zone 2 output to drive speakers in other parts of your house.
Easily play music in two rooms
The AMP102VS is a great amp for setting up a two-room music system. It can drive two separate pairs of speakers connected to its A and B binding posts. Play music indoors through one set of outputs, and listen to the same source outside through the other set. When it's time to come inside for the night, simply switch off the outdoor pair and let the party continue inside.
The AudioSource AMP102VS power amp's included rack-mount ears help make installation simple.
Multiple source and power-on options
The '102VS offers two pairs of analog RCA inputs for your music sources, and can switch sources automatically when a signal is detected. It can be set up to automatically turn on when it detects a source, or you can turn it on manually.
This amp is also 12-volt trigger compatible, so you can have it turn on when another piece of equipment is fired up. Rear-mounted bass and treble controls provide tone adjustments for your room.
- 55 watts x 2 into 8 ohms at less than 0.2% THD
- 75 watts into 4 ohms
- 160 watts when bridged into a single 8-ohm load
- high-current Class AB amplifier design
- ideal for use as a second zone amplifier
- front-panel volume and balance controls
- A/B speaker switching
- rear-panel bass and treble controls
- main and secondary ("Interrupt") audio line inputs with automatic source switching
- loop output on the main line input passes that audio signal on to another amp, giving you flexibility in designing a multi-room system
- signal-sensing "Power On" and Trigger mode
- auto-on select switch allows manual or signal sensing power on/off
- front-panel dual LED indicator and diagnostic lights
- rear-panel dual voltage switch (115 and 230 volts)
- frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz (+0 dB, -3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- binding post A and B speaker connectors
- rack-mountable with standard 2U height (hardware included)
- 16-9/16"W x 3-3/4"H 10-5/16"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMP102VS
What's in the box:
- Stereo power amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Rack-ear mounts
- 6 Screws
- Owner's Manual
AudioSource AMP102VS reviews
I purchased this to power a 2 pairs of outdoor speakers and I am very pleased with the results. I'm still learning the basics of the art of audio performance, but the sound output coming through my Klipsch AW500s has never been better. We put on an outdoor movie every May, with over 90 guests. Despite having a screen of nearly 220", it is the sound that makes the event a success or a flop. In years past, without the amplifier, I have struggled to get the right balance of sound without causing my receiver to crash. I'm very happy with this unit, and even more pleased with the timely and available support from the pros manning the Crutchfield support lines.
Pros: Affordable, efficient, easy to setup, flexible operations
Cons: May someday wish I had bough a 4-channel unit, but 2-channels should suffice. Cost was the deciding factor.
0 of 0 found this helpful
This is great little power amp and value for the price. It doesn't pack a great deal of punch, but it gets the job done. It has very little power hum and re=produces relatively clear sound. Overall, I am very pleased.
Pros: Value Priced. No audible power hum. Easy set-up.
Cons: Doesn't pack a great deal of punch, but I wouldn't expect a low wattage amp to drive me out of the room.
2 of 3 found this helpful
0 of 3 found this helpful
Great little amp, frankly better than anticipated. Purchased as part of a system rearrangement (ongoing) to be used to power patio speakers. Presently being used in the living room with small Vandersteen speakers. Sounds great, being driven by Apple airport express, auto on works fine, but the amp does run a bit warm in idle, per AudioSource this is apparently normal for this amp, so given intermittent use, will plan to use manual on/off, and again once connected to patio speakers will not want auto on. Very solid build and surprising heft for a 14lb unit.
Pros: Great sound Solid build Small footprint Clean unobtrusive appearance
Cons: runs a bit warm on idle, draws about 15watts in standby mode
4 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the AudioSource AMP102VS
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||55|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||75|
|Bridged Power per Channel||160 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
AudioSource Amp Series: AudioSource AMP series amplifiers are designed for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound, flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AMP series offers exceptional value and many features that will make their installation and use easy and convenient.
Stereo Power Amplifier: The AudioSource AMP102VS stereo power amplifier is designed for dedicated stereo & distributed audio applications. It offers A & B speaker outputs. The amplifier can be configured for Stereo or Bridged output.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 55 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 75 watts x 2 channel, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 160 watts x 1 channel, 1kHz, <0.2% THD+N
Front-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AMP102VS stereo power amplifier features the following front-panel controls.
- Power Switch: The front-panel Power Switch turns the AMP102VS on or off. A red LED indicates connection to AC power while in standby mode and turns green indicating audio signal is present.
- Volume: The front-panel rotary volume knob allows you to adjust the amplifier's overall volume level.
- A/B Speaker Selector: You can select Speakers A, Speakers B, or Both for playback.
- Balance: The Balance control lets you fade the amplifier's speaker output between the Right & Left channels.
Rear-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AMP102VS offers the following rear-panel controls.
- Bass & Treble: Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) can be adjusted from -12dB to + 12dB.
- Stereo Mode: Select Stereo mode for connecting one or two pair of loudspeakers.
- Bridged Mode: When set to Bridged mode, the AMP102VS becomes a single channel mono amplifier for powering one speaker. Only the Right audio input is used during bridged-mode. Only one zone (A or B) can be bridged; not both.
- Power Mode: Set the Auto On switch to Normal for manual power on/off. Set the Auto switch to Auto for signal sensing; the amp will turn on when audio signal (>5mV) is detected at the inputs The front-panel power switch must be in the On position (pushed in) for the Auto On feature to operate. Or, select 12V Trigger which allows the AMP102VS to be powered on by other electronic component or to power on other electronics via a 3.5 minijack cable (between 3-20VDC).
Rear-Panel Connections: The AudioSource AMP102VS digital stereo power amplifier is equipped with the following inputs & outputs
- Main Input/Output: The AMP102VS Main Input consists of stereo RCA jacks and are used as the amplifier's primary audio inputs. The Main Output also consists of stereo RCA jacks and passthrough the AMP102VS's Main Input audio signal to another amplifier.
- Interrupting Line Input: The Interrupting Input consists of stereo RCA Jacks. This input can be used if a second source is desired and takes over when signal is present and has at least a 5mV level. When there is no signal, or a signal with less than 5mV level, the amp switches back to Main input after a brief delay.
- Speaker A/B Terminals: The AudioSource AMP102VS is fitted with binding-post terminals for A & B speaker connection for powering up to two pair of speakers. The minimum impedance for each speaker section is 4-ohm in Stereo mode and 8-ohm in Bridged mode. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
- Trigger In/Out: The 12V trigger input and output allow the AMP102VS to be powered on by other electronics or to power on other electronics via a 3.5mm minijack cable.
- Power Cord: The stereo power amplifier features a detachable 6' AC power cord (IEC 3-prong).
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AMP102VS stereo power amplifier features four rubber feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand. It can also be rack-mounted (rack-ears included).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?