About the Yamaha NS-AW294
Solid Yamaha speakers for outdoor spaces
Want to liven up your patio, deck, or pool area with your favorite tunes? Yamaha's NS-AW294 outdoor speakers deliver crisp, detailed sound in a simple, elegant-looking design. Each speaker features a weather-resistant 6-1/2" woofer and 1" tweeter, and each comes with an adjustable U-shaped mounting bracket for vertical or horizontal placement. An outdoor IPx3 rating means they're tested to withstand partial-exposure installations, such as underneath roof eaves.
- IPx3-rated all-weather design stands up to the elements
- perfect for mounting underneath roof eaves or other partial-exposure installations
- ported (bass reflex) enclosure
- 6-1/2" waterproof woofer cone
- 1" fluid-cooled, balanced-dome tweeter
- frequency response: 80-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 50 watts
- adjustable U-shaped mounting brackets included
- can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- spring clip speaker wire connectors
- 7-1/2"W x 12-1/8"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 4.4 lbs. each
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NS-AW294BL
What's in the box:
- 2 Outdoor loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Knobs
- Installation Instructions
- Online Registration Information
- Warranty Sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Yamaha NS-AW294
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Power Range (watts)||up to 50|
|Frequency Response||80-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Bracket Included||Adjustable bracket|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
All-Weather Outdoor Series: The Yamaha NS-AW294 outdoor loudspeaker features an all-weather cabinet (IPX3-Rated) that is drip, water and UV resistant. The weather-resistant enclosure protects the speaker from the elements when mounted outdoors on your porch, patio, or deck. The NS-AW294 also comes with powder-coated aluminum grilles.
Note: The IPX3 rating means the speaker can withstand light water spray, but cannot hold up to heavy water spray or submersion in water.
2-Way Design: The Yamaha NS-AW294 outdoor loudspeaker employs a two-way driver design featuring one 1" balanced-dome tweeter for clear high frequencies and one 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround for accurate mid/ow frequency response.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The 1" balanced-dome tweeter and 6.5" polypropylene woofer are housed in a bass-reflex enclosure with a front-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response.
Spring Clip Terminals: The Yamaha NS-AW294 outdoor loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-clip speaker terminals that support bare wire (up to 12 AWG).
Mounting Options: The Yamaha NS-AW294 outdoor loudspeaker can be table-top mounted or wall-mounted. The speaker can be be mounted vertically or horizontally. The supplied wall-mount bracket allows you to mount the all-weather speaker to the side of your house or garage (screws not supplied). When the speaker is mounted vertically, the speaker can be rotated left or right 81-degrees; when the speaker is mounted horizontally, the speaker can be angled up or down 81 degrees. The bracket can be removed to simply mount the speaker on a flat table-top surface.
- Wall-Mount Dimensions:
- Vertical (with bracket): 7.5" (w) x 12.125" (h) x 10.375" (d)
- Horizontal (with bracket): 12.125" (w) x 7.5" (h) x 10.375" (d)
- Table-Top Dimensions:
- Vertical (without bracket): 7.5" (w) x 12.125" (h) x 8.5" (d)
- Horizontal (with bracket): 12.125" (w) x 7.5" (h) x 9.375" (d)
Note: You should mount the speaker under an eve or awning to minimize its exposure to rain and snow.