About the Yamaha CD-S700
Yamaha designed and built the CD-S700 CD player for exceptional music performance. And with more than a century's worth of experience making musical instruments, Yamaha knows high-quality sound.
Precision engineering for crystal-clear sound
The first thing you'll notice when you put a CD in the CD-S700 is the incredibly smooth and quiet disc tray. It features Yamaha's advanced Silent Loader mechanism for movement that's completely noise and rattle free. This player's beefy power supply has separate circuits for the analog, digital, and transport sections, each with a discrete ground. This arrangement minimizes crosstalk for incredibly accurate music reproduction. And separate digital-to-analog converters for both the left and right channels ensure superior stereo separation.
Pop an audio CD into the CD-S700 to enjoy densely layered sound with broad staging and pin-point imaging. Midrange and highs sound full and clean, coupled with excellent, well-defined bass. And with a push of a button on the remote or front panel, you can engage Pure Direct mode, which turns off the display and digital outputs. This eliminates two sources of potential noise for a new level of sonic purity.
A variety of playback options
The CD-S700 also plays your home-burned discs, plus those filled with MP3 and WMA files. And a front-panel USB input lets you listen to music stored on a thumb drive or external hard drive.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- high-precision Silent Loader disc mechanism
- independent-structure power supply with separate windings for digital and analog circuits
- aluminum front panel
- detachable power cord
- front-panel USB port for MP3/WMA playback
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- gold-plated stereo RCA outputs
- signal-to-noise ratio 110 dB
- dynamic range 100 dB
- separate digital-to-analog converters for each channel
- 17-1/8"W x 3-3/4"H x 13-3/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDS700BL
What's in the box:
- Single disc CD player
- 6.5' AC power cord
- CDX7-WQ06680 wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 59" Stereo RCA audio cable
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre)
- US Warranty card
- Canada Warranty card
Yamaha CD-S700 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha CD-S700
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
Single Disc |
|Direct Track Access||Remote|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Multiple CD Player Control||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|CD Frequency Response||2-20,000 Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||---|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
Overview: The Yamaha CD-S700 is a single disc CD player with both analog and digital outputs.
Independent-Structure Power Unit: The Yamaha CD player features an independent-structure power supply with separate windings for digital and analog circuits.
Aluminum Front-Panel: The CD player features a aluminum front-panel for added stability.
LCD Display: The Yamaha CD player features a front-panel LCD display that shows the current status of the unit. You can select from elapsed time of the current track, remaining time of the current track, or the remaining time of the disc. You can also temporarily display the filename of your MP3/WMA files up to 28 characters. The front-panel display offers 3 brightness settings.
High Precision CD Drive: The CD-S700 features a high-precision Silent-Loader disc mechanism which offers exceptional performance and reliability.
Disc Compatibility: The Yamaha CD-S700 supports playback of CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs.
MP3/WMA Playback: This single disc CD player supports MP3 (8-320kbps) and WMA (16-320kbps) playback on CD-R and CD-RW discs compatible with ISO9660. The unit can recognize up to 512 files, 255 folders, and 511 files per folder.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Yamaha single disc CD player features a front-panel USB type-A port. The USB port supports MP3 (8-320kbps)and WMA (16-320kbps) file playback from USB mass storage devices such as flash memories, card readers, or portable audio players that use FAT16 or FAT32 format. The unit can recognize up to 999 files, 255 folders, and 255 files per folder.
Note: When you insert two or more memory cards at the same time into a card reader connected to the USB port on this unit, only one of the memory cards is recognized. This unit does not support USB chargers, USB hubs, PCs, or external HDDs.
Differential D/A Converter: The Yamaha singled disc CD player utilizes a differential D/A converter for high conversion precision with low noise.
Pure Direct: The CD-S700 CD player features a Pure Direct mode which improves audio quality by bypassing any unnecessary circuitry.
Remote Control: The Yamaha CD-S700 single disc CD player comes with a full-function IR remote control for wireless operation of the unit. The remote has a range up to 20 feet with an angle of 30-degrees to the left and right of the unit's front-panel IR eye.
Playback Modes: The CD-S700 offers the following playback modes.
- Program: You can customize the playback order of up to 50 track store on an Audio CD. This operation is not available for MP3/WMA playback.
- Random: You can play back tracks in random sequence from and Audio CD, CD-R/RW, or USB device.
- Repeat: You can play back a single track or all tracks repeatedly from a Audio CD, CD-R/RW, or USB device.
- Repeat A-B: You can repeat a specified section of a track on an audio CD. This operation is not available for MP3/WMA playback.
Search Functions: The CD-S700 offers the following search functions.
- Direct Search: You can enter the desired track number for an Audio CD using the numeric keypad (0-9) on the remote control. This operation is not available for MP3/WMA playback.
- Skip: You can skip to the beginning of the current, next, or previous track of an audio CD, CD-R/RW, or USB device.
- Advance/Reverse: You can rapidly advance or reverse through a track on an Audio CD, CD-R/RW, or USB device. Each time you press the search key, the search speed increases by 2 levels.
Analog Outputs: The CD-S700 features a pair of gold-plated analog Stereo RCA outputs on the rear-panel.
Digital Outputs: The Yamaha CD-S700 features an optical and coaxial digital output on the rear-panel.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked