About the Yamaha CD-C600
Load up your favorite CDs for hours of music
Load up your favorite CDs for hours of music
Carousel-style CD changers like Yamaha's CD-C600 are an increasingly rare sight in the age of internet streaming. But we're sure glad we have this one to offer, with its convenient playback features and solid Yamaha sound quality. Judging from all the positive reviews, our customers are glad, too.
Connect this disc changer to your receiver or amplifier and pop in up to five of your favorite CDs for hours of non-stop listening. You can even swap out four of the discs without interrupting playback of the fifth, so the music doesn't have to stop while you cue up the next few selections. (Just make sure you have room for it in your rack or cabinet — it's a little deeper than most CD players, at a little over 17" deep.)
Yamaha design keeps your ears happy
The CD-C600's sophisticated internal design includes isolated power supplies for the digital and analog sections, a high-quality digital-to-analog converter, and short signal paths that minimize the chances of interference or signal loss. What does that all mean? Rich, detailed sound with engaging warmth and musicality. You can improve sound quality even further with Pure Direct mode, which turns off the front panel display and the digital audio output to eliminate sources of potential noise.
A handy USB input
The front-panel USB input lets you play MP3 and WMA music files stored on a USB thumb drive, or even select Apple® iPods®. This lets you take advantage of Yamaha's high-performance digital-to-analog converter for the best sound quality from your portable music library.
- 5-disc carousel design
- PlayXchange disc mechanism lets you change up to 4 discs without interrupting playback
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP & WMA CDs
- program, repeat, and random play
- CD Text display
- intro scan
- Pure Direct mode for enhanced sound quality
- front-panel USB input for connecting select iPods other portable MP3 players
- IR port for remote repeater systems
- RS-232C port for third party controllers
- one set of RCA stereo output jacks
- high-performance DAC for high conversion precision with low noise
- sophisticated circuitry and layout with short signal paths and floating laser pickup mechanism
- optical digital audio output
- Intelligent Digital Servo compensates for any disc errors for trouble-free playback
- signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
- 17-1/8"W x 4-5/8"H x 17-3/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDC600BL
What's in the box:
- Black 5 Disc CD Changer
- CDC9 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 3' RCA patch cord
- 56" AC cord
- Owner's manual (English/French)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
Yamaha CD-C600 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha CD-C600
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
All Discs |
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|CD Frequency Response||2-20,000 Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||105 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||---|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||No|
Laser Pickup Floating Mechanism: The laser pickup is isolated on a floating mechanism so its delicate operation cannot be affected by vibration.
Intelligent Digital Servo System: This type of system uses a microcomputer to monitor the signal, adjusting pickup tracking and focus, as well as spindle motor speed, to compensate for any problems.
High-Performance DAC: The Yamaha CDC-600 5-disc CD changer employs a high-performance DAC for high conversion precision with low noise.
CD Compatibility: The Yamaha CDC-600 5-disc CD changer will play CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW discs (12cm or 8cm).
CD Text: When a CD Text encoded CD is played, this unit will display the CD Text information - disc title, artist name, and track name.
MP3/WMA Playback: The CDC-600 supports playback of compressed MP3 (8-320 kbps) and WMA (16-320 kbps) files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 format. The CD player can recognize up to 256 folders, 512 filers per folder, and a maximum of 999 total files.
PlayXchange: PlayXchange allows you to change up to 4 discs without interrupting playback. Most of the tray extends from the unit when opened, which allows you to insert all four CDs without rotating the tray.
Disc Selection: Using the buttons on the front panel you can directly access the 5 discs. On the supplied remote there are buttons to skip disc in either direction. Direct track selection is available on the remote.
Playback Modes: The Yamaha CDC-600 offers Disc Scan, Program Play, Random, and Repeat playback modes:
- Disc Scan: This feature plays 10 seconds of each disc in the changer.
- Program Play: Up to 24 tracks from any combination of the 5 discs can be programmed and played in any order.
- Disc Mode: The mode button on the remote toggles between 1 Disc and 5 Disc modes.
- Random Play: This unit allows you to play songs randomly in 1 Disc or 5 Disc modes. Random play is only accessible with the remote control.
- Repeat Play: The CDC-600 allows you to repeat the current track, current disc, all discs, or the current program. Additionally you can repeat a specific section of a song (A/B Repeat) and repeat can be used with Random Play.
Pure Direct: The Pure Direct mode improves the sound quality; the front panel display and optical digital output are turned off.
USB Port: The USB port on the front panel allows you to play MP3 (8-320 kbps) and WMA (16-320 kbps) music files from a USB memory device (flash drive), card reader, or portable audio player that use FAT16/FAT32 format. The unit will recognize up to 256 folders, 512 files per folder, and a maximum of 32,767 total files. The unit's USB port supports basic playback controls, such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, Skip (Next/Previous); as well as folder and track select.
iPod Compatible: The Yamaha CD player's USB port also supports playback of your iPod's music files (via the USB/dock cable supplied with your iPod). The CDC-600 offers audio playback, basic control (Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next) and charging of your iPod. Advanced navigation is still done through your iPod's clickwheel or touchscreen. Artist and song information will need to be viewed on your connected iPod's LCD screen. The Yamaha CDC-600 is Made for iPod compliant and supports the following iPod models and functions (as of 9/27/2012):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Line Out: The Yamaha CD player is equipped with one set of stereo RCA jacks.
Digital Audio Out: The Yamaha CD-C600 also features a Toslink optical digital output.
IR Remote Control: The CD-C600 comes supplied with a full featured wireless IR remote control.
Dimmer: Using the remote control, the display brightness can be set to one of four levels.
Remote: There are 3.5mm jacks for remote input and remote output, for use with other compatible Yamaha components
RS-232C Port: The RS-232C port allows connection to external whole-house control systems from companies such as AMX, Crestron
The Yamaha CD-C600 replaces these items
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- plays CD-Rs, CD-RWs and MP3 CDs
- AccuPulse Quartz System
- carousel mechanism lets you change up to 5 discs without interrupting playback
- plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs
- 24-bit/192kHz Wolfson DAC for high conversion precision with low noise
- Optical digital output
- plays audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- remote with volume control
30 questions already asked