About the Yamaha HTR-5560
Immerse yourself in stunning 6.1-channel sound! The HTR-5560 delivers 75 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 6 channels of clean Yamaha power to drive all your "regular" home theater speakers (mains, center, and surrounds) plus an additional "back surround" speaker that helps create a totally three-dimensional soundstage.
An ultra-precise 32-bit processor handles all surround decoding, including Dolby Digital EX, DTS, and Pro Logic II. You also get Yamaha's Cinema DSP modes, which you can combine with any of the above surround formats to enhance your movies with an even greater sense of spaciousness and depth. Hi Fi modes perform a similar task for music, letting you add the ambience of choice to your favorite albums.
Yamaha's Digital ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) design uses high-end digital circuitry for clean, ultra-fine volume regulation of all channels (even with analog signals). It also employs 9-channel 96kHz/24-bit DACs one for each of the 7 channels in a 6.1 signal, plus 2 extras devoted to achieving precise separation of dialogue, music, and effects in the front soundstage. And the HTR-5560's beefy ToP-ART construction employs oversized "guts" and an anti-resonant, aluminum-extruded heat sink to ensure pure, powerful sound.
You get plenty of connectivity for all your sources, including component video switching, 5 digital inputs, 5 A/V (with S-video) inputs, and a 5.1-channel input for a DVD-Audio or SACD player. Front-panel optical digital and S-video inputs even provide for easy hookup of video games, camcorders, and portable audio gear. And the multibrand remote gives you easy control of your whole system.
- Digital ToP-ART design
- 75 watts x 6 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD
- 32-bit processing for Dolby Digital EX, DTS, Pro Logic II, Quad-Field Cinema DSP, and Hi Fi DSP
- 9-channel 96kHz/24-bit D/A converters
- 6.1-channel preamp output
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out, 30MHz bandwidth)
- digital inputs: 4 optical (including 1 front-panel), 1 coaxial
- digital output: 1 optical
- 5.1-channel input
- 2 audio, 5 A/V (including 5 S-video and 1 front-panel) inputs
- multibrand remote
- preamp-level subwoofer output
- no phono input
- Silent Cinema mode
- Virtual Cinema DSP
- wide range frequency response (10-100,000 Hz)
- 2 sets of speaker outputs
- 40 AM/FM presets
- 17"W x 6-1/4"H x 14-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver
- RAV240-V829500US Wireless remote
- One 36" A/V cable
- 4 "AAA" batteries
- 1 Plastic cover for front A/V inputs
- 1 AM loop antenna
- 1 FM wire antenna
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty card
- Owner Registration Card
- Yamaha speaker selector box promotion post card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha HTR-5560
Features & specs
5.1 Channel Input: This receiver is equipped with a 5.1 channel input for compatibility with future 5.1 channel decoders.
Surround Modes: In addition to straight Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic, and DTS playback, you can choose from the following decoding modes:
- Dolby Digital/DTS EX: this format matrix encodes a third surround channel onto the left and right surround channels of 5.1 soundtracks
- Dolby Pro Logic II: allows you to enjoy 2-channel stereo recordings in stunning 5.1-channel surround playback
- Cinema-DSP Movie Modes:
an upgraded version of Yamaha's DSP, which is specifically designed for
- Dolby Pro Logic/Dolby Digital/DTS Enhanced: simulates a 35mm film theater
- Movie Theater 1 (Spectacle): simulates the extremely wide sound field of a 70-mm movie theater; this mode can be used with 2-channel analog, PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS sources
- Movie Theater 1 (Sci-Fi): clearly reproduces dialogue and sound effects in the latest sound form of science fiction films; this mode can be used with 2-channel analog, PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS sources
- Movie Theater 2 (Adventure): precisely reproduces the sound of the newest multi-track films, so the three-dimensional feeling of the sound is emphasized and dialogue is precisely oriented on the screen; this mode can be used with 2-channel analog, PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS sources
- Movie Theater 2 (General): reproduces a soft and extensive sound field
- Cinema-DSP Audio-Video Modes:
an upgraded version of Yamaha's DSP, which is specifically designed for
audio-video source material:
- Entertainment (Game): this mode adds a deep and spatial feeling to video game sounds
- Entertainment (Concert Video): this mode adds a deep and spatial feeling to concert video sounds
- TV Sports: most suitable for sports programs
- Mono Movie: gives a sense of stereo to old movies recorded in mono
- Hi-Fi DSP Modes:
Yamaha's DSP, which are precise digital recreations of actual acoustic
- Concert Hall: best suited for orchestra and opera music
- Jazz Club: this recreates the sound field at the stage front in "The Bottom Line", a famous New York jazz club
- Rock Concert: ideally suited for Rock Music
- Entertainment (Disco): recreates the acoustic environment of a lively disco
- Entertainment (5ch Stereo): puts music through all speakers in the system and maintains stereo imaging; this mode is great for casual listening and parties
Bass Management: The channels set to SMALL are filtered with a 90Hz high-pass crossover. The bass from the SMALL channels is directed to the front speakers (left and right) and/or the subwoofer preamp output according to the "Bass Out" setting. The available settings for each channel are as follows:
- Center Speaker Settings: LARGE, SMALL, and NONE
- Main (front) Speaker Settings: LARGE and SMALL
- Rear Speaker Settings: LARGE, SMALL, and NONE
- Bass Out: you may select SWFR (subwoofer), MAIN or BOTH
- D.D. LFE: you can adjust the output level of the LFE channel from -20 to 0 dB in 1 dB steps
- DTS LFE: you can adjust the output level of the LFE channel from -10 to +10 dB in 1 dB steps
Main Level Control: The level of the center, left and right surround, and subwoofer channels can be set to match the level of the front left and right speakers. The level of the front speakers may be set to Normal or -10dB with the "Main Level" function; the -10dB setting should be chosen if the sound output from the main speakers is too loud.
Component Video Input/Output: In addition to composite video and S-video switching, this unit can switch between two component video sources. The two component video inputs and one component video output offer 30MHz wideband (HDTV ready) switching.
Test Tone: A test tone feature is available to help with the process of matching the output level of the center, left and right surround, and subwoofer channels to the front left and right channel level.
Virtual Cinema DSP: When the rear speaker setting is set to "none", the sound field processing is altered to provide a surround sound experience without having any rear speakers.
Silent Cinema DSP: The Silent Cinema DSP feature creates a realistic surround movie effect using standard, two-channel headphones (headphones not included).
Headphone Tone Control: The bass and treble level for the headphone output can be set from -6dB to +3dB.
96kHz/24-bit Audio D/A Conversion: This unit will accept and play 96kHz/24-bit linear PCM digital audio.
Memory Guard: This feature prevents accidental changes to the DSP program parameter settings, the set menu settings, the level settings and the on-screen display mode setting. The Memory Guard feature may be turned on or off.
1 Week Memory Back-up: This unit will retain the tuner presets and menu settings for up to 1 week without being connected to power.
Background Video (BGV) Function: The BGV function allows you to combine a video image from a video source with the audio from an audio source.
Automatic Preset Tuning: This feature will put up to 40 FM stations into preset memory automatically.
Preset Groups: Preset stations are stored in "pages" (A, B, C, D, E) of 8 stations each, making it possible to group presets, and easier to find a specific preset. There is an edit key that allows you to exchange the places of any 2 preset stations with each other.
Sleep Timer: This unit is equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Multibrand A/V Remote: The included remote is pre-coded to control most brands of TVs, cable boxes, DBS receivers, VCRs, DVD players, LD players, CD players, MD recorders, CD recorders and tape decks (both A/B wells). The remote is set up so it may be programmed for the following devices:
- Cassette (both A/B wells) or MD, not both
- CD Player
- DVD or LaserDisc Player, not both
- Cable box or DBS receiver, not both
Power Rating: In addition to the 75 watts x 6 RMS at 20-20kHz, 0.06% THD and 8 ohms power rating, Yamaha also provides the following bandwidth limited power rating: 80 watts x 6 RMS at 1kHz, 0.06% THD and 4 ohms.
- Headphones: standard headphone jack
- Video Aux jacks: composite video input, S-video input, stereo RCA audio inputs and a Toslink digital input
- AM Input: spring clips
- FM Input: threaded F-Type connector
- 5.1 Channel Input: 6 RCA inputs (right & left main, right & left surround, center and subwoofer) that allow for connection of a 5.1 channel decoder. Note that switching to this input disables the built in processor and adjustment of delay time from this unit
- 6 Channel Output: 6 RCA outputs (right & left main; right, center & left surround; center channel) used to provide line-level signals for a separate power amplifier(s)
- Subwoofer Output: mono RCA preamp output
- CD Input: RCA stereo audio and standard coax digital input
- MD/CD-R Input/Output: RCA stereo audio input, RCA stereo audio output, standard Toslink input with cover and standard Toslink output with cover
- DVD Input: stereo RCA audio, composite video, S-video, component video (3 RCA jacks labeled "Y", "PB/CB" and "PR/CR") and standard Toslink input with cover
- D-TV/CBL Input: stereo RCA audio, composite video, S-video, component video (3 RCA jacks labeled "Y", "PB/CB" and "PR/CR") and standard Toslink input with cover
- VCR 1 Input/Output: RCA stereo audio input, RCA stereo audio output, composite video input, composite video output, S-video input and S-video output
- VCR 2/VDR Input/Output: RCA stereo audio input, RCA stereo audio output, composite video input, composite video output, S-video input and S-video output
- Monitor Out: composite video, S-video and component video (3 RCA jacks labeled "Y", "PB/CB" and "PR/CR") outputs to connect to a TV/monitor
- Main, Center and Surround Speaker Outputs: binding post outputs (not 5-way, because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs). This unit has A and B main speaker outputs.
- AC Outlets: 2 switched AC outlets
The Yamaha HTR-5560 replaces these items