About the Yamaha NS-IC600
Affordable overhead sound from Yamaha
Affordable overhead sound from Yamaha
Want enjoyable sound without giving up floor space to bookshelf or floor-standing speakers? Yamaha's NS-IC600 in-ceiling speakers deliver crisp, musical detail while virtually disappearing into your room. They're ideal for an in-ceiling music system, or for your home theater's surround or Dolby Atmos® overhead effects channels.
Adaptable to your décor
The NS-IC600s include paintable grilles that you can match to your room's décor. Plus they're magnetic, so attaching them is a breeze.
Yamaha's rotating-cam design makes your in-ceiling installation straightforward. Once you have the speakers in place, simply use a screwdriver to tighten each cam for a secure grip against the back of the ceiling.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-wall and in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 1" fluid-cooled soft dome tweeter
- aimable tweeter lets you direct high frequencies towards you for better sound
- 6-1/2" polypropylene mica woofer
- frequency response: 65-28,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 40 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- includes magnetic paintable grille
- overall diameter: 9-1/8"
- mounting depth: 4-1/4"
- weight: 3.3 lbs. each
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NS-IC600WH
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Cutout Template
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
Yamaha NS-IC600 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha NS-IC600
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Woofer Composition||Polypropylene mica|
|Connector Type||Sprint post|
|Power Range (Watts)||40|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
1" Swivel Tweeter: The Yamaha NS-IC600 in-ceiling speaker features a 1" fluid-cooled soft-dome swivel tweeter that delivers pure high frequency with precise sound positioning. The tweeter can be angled (tilted & swiveled) for the best sound dispersion into your room.
6.5" Moisture Resistant Woofer: The Yamaha NS-IC600 features a moisture resistant 6.5" polypropylene mica cone woofer for high performance mid-low sound reproduction.
Acoustic Baffle: The Yamaha NS-IC600 in-ceiling speaker incorporates a grain-finished acoustic baffle with spiral pattern for natural sound dispersion.
Spring Post Terminals: The Yamaha NS-IC600 in-ceiling speaker is outfitted with spring post terminals to connect on your speaker wire (up to 12 AWG). The spring post terminals will also accept banana plugs (single only).
Applications: The Yamaha NS-IC600 in-ceiling speaker can be used in a distributed audio system, a stereo application, or as surrounds in a home theater application.
- Stereo: For best stereo performance, install the left and right in-ceiling speakers at equal distance from the listening position. Each speaker should be separated by a distance of 6' to 10'.
- Home Theater (Surrounds): Use these speakers for left & right surround channels. Surround speakers should ideally be placed behind the listening area, at least as far apart as the front speakers and up to 2" additional feet apart per side.
In-Ceiling Mounting: The Yamaha NS-IC600 features a slim profile design for flush in-ceiling mounting. The NS-IC600 will require an 8.0625" (diameter) round cutout in your ceiling with 4.25" of mounting depth. A cutout template is provided. The ceiling board should be 1/4" to 1.125". thick. Four mounting clamps with non-slip tread secure the speaker to your ceiling
Paintable Magnetic Grilles: The magnetic grilles easily attach and can be painted to match your room decor.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked