About the Yamaha MX-A5200
Power your ideal home movie experience
The MX-A5200 features a massive toroidal power transformer and a symmetrical layout to isolate left- and right-channel circuitry for low noise and wide open sound.
Power your ideal home movie experience
If you enjoy watching movies in the comfort of your own home, but want sound to rival the local multiplex, you're going to need power, and lots of it. The Yamaha MX-A5200 can drive up to 11 speakers, with an impressive 150 watts per channel.
A powerful amp lets your speakers play loud, but it also makes sure woofers and tweeters perform with pinpoint accuracy. The MX-A5200 is built around a large toroidal power transformer, offering up the steady stream of clean current that any good amp needs to make speakers sound their absolute best.
The MX-A5200 is a perfect partner for the Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5200 multichannel preamp/processor. Connect it or a similar preamp to this powerhouse with either unbalanced RCA cables or pro-quality balanced XLR cables. XLR connections provide an ultra-low-noise signal, so you can thrill to every detail in your favorite song and get wrapped up in movie soundtracks.
If you have a five-channel home theater with bi-amp capable speakers, you can obtain greater transparency and detail through bi-amping all five speakers.
Built to please, and to last
Independent symmetrical construction separates the left from the right channel circuitry, to preserve a clean signal path that improves the signal-to-noise ratio as well as widens the soundstage for exceptional two-channel listening. The amp's rigid chassis features a thick double bottom with steel vibration-control plates to keep it rock solid. And the current feedback design is highly responsive to changes in volume, so it can accurately keep up with explosive movie soundtracks or highly dynamic music.
- 11-channel power amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD with 2 channels driven
- 170 watts per channel into 6 ohms
- signal-to-noise ratio: 116 dB
- one unbalanced RCA and one balanced XLR input for each channel
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- massive toroidal power transformer for high current delivery with low noise
- symmetrical amp layout separates left and right channel circuits for improved signal-to-noise ratio
- 12-volt trigger input/output
- channel selector switches for bi-amping up to 5 compatible speakers at a time
- defeatable Auto Power Standby automatically shuts amp down after 8 hours of non-use
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- detachable power cable
- 17-1/8"W x 8-1/4"H x 18-1/4"D
- weight: 58.2 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX-A5200BL
What's in the box:
- 11ch Power amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 6.5' System control cable (terminated by a male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Owner's Manual
- Connection Example
- Safety Brochure
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
- "Yamaha Worldwide Representative Offices" note
Yamaha MX-A5200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha MX-A5200
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||11|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||150|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||170|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Bridged Power per Channel||200 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||11|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding post|
Aventage Series: The MX-A5200 power amplifier is part of Yamaha's Aventage line of AV gear that is based on the audio design concept of providing a massive, full-bodied sound for movie sound effects and the accurate reproduction of music sources. By expertly harmonizing traditional and advanced technologies, every factor that affects sound quality, from materials & parts construction to amplifier & circuitry layout, vibration damping, and "fine-tuning" the sound, is handled with no other thought than to achieve the best possible audio quality. As a result, every Aventage product has the ability to reproduce the most subtle details of high-definition sound, so that listeners can enjoy a truly high-class sound studio experience at home.
11 Channel Power Amplifier: The Yamaha Aventage MX-A5200 provides an 11-channel power amplifier featuring a three-stage Darlington current feedback circuit for an impressive combination of both high power and quality. The MX-A5200's eleven discrete channels of amplification provides flexible configuration options. Enjoy the flexibility of a multi-zone system or immerse yourself in exhilarating Dolby Atmos multichannel surround sound using any combination of 11 channels when connected to Yamaha's CX-A5200 AV preamplifier (sold separately).
- 8Ω Rating: 150 watts x 11 channel @ 20-20kHz with 0.06% THD (2ch driven)
- 6Ω Rating: 170 watts x 11 channel @ 20-20kHz with 0.06% THD (2ch driven)
Flexible Amplifier Configuration: The unit provides a channel selector function that lets you utilize bi-amp connections/bridge connection or multi-speaker connections without having to connect additional cables from your pre-amplifier. Output the CH.3 input signals from both the CH.3 and CH.4 speaker terminals to configure a high sound quality bi-amp mode, or bridge the front speakers to enjoy high-powered sound. The amplifier provides up to 200 watts per channel (into 8Ω @ 20-20kHz with 0.06% THD; 2ch driven) in bridge mode for the front speakers only. You can also output a CH.1 (monaural) input signal from the three speakers connected to CH.1, CH.2 (L) and CH.2 (R).
- Bi-Amp Mode: If you want to use a speaker that supports bi-amp connection, you can use the amplifier's Channels 3 & 4 to bi-amp your loudspeakers.
- Bridge Mode: You can bridge Channels 3 and 4 to deliver more power (up to 200W) to your front speakers.
- A/B Front Speaker Mode: The A/B Front Speaker mode allows you to connect to pair of Front speakers (A & B) using Channels 3 & 4. Be sure to 8Ω speakers for this configuration.
- Multi-Speaker Mode: The Multi-Speaker mode allows you to output a monaural sound from three speakers using Channels 1 & 2.
Perfectly Symmetrical: Precisely planned, circuit-routed and designed with a symmetrical power amplifier layout, the MX-A5200 achieves optimal channel separation with left and right sides being both physically and electrically isolated. This design allows for an improvement in signal-to-noise ratio thus achieving an expansive sound stage and a quality output.High-Output Power Supply: The Yamaha Aventage MX-A5200 utilizes a high-output, large toroidal transformer combined with two specially developed high-capacity block capacitors to deliver massive power with generous headroom. A direct effect of this engineering is a minimized energy loss and quality reproduction of sound sources.
Specially Designed Chassis: As part of its uncompromising design, the MX-A5200 boasts a specially designed chassis to maximize rigidity and eliminate the effects of vibration. The MX-A5200 employs a double bottom construction consisting of vibration control plates made of 1.6mm steel, echoing that of Yamaha's legendary Z11 AV receiver. In order to support the heavy heat sinks and other components, a left-right independent construction strengthened by a rigid-frame structure is utilized. The MX-A5200 employs a thick bottom plate which acts to steady the entire structure and achieve optimal sound by reducing the transmission of vibration produced by the large power supply transformer and heat sinks. The A.R.T. (Anti-Resonance Technology) Wedge in the center of the bottom plate acts as an additional vibration countermeasure and firmly supports the internal circuits and delicate parts.
Unbalanced & Balanced Inputs: Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) input jacks are provided on all channels, and can be selected independently for each channel. Balanced connections minimize the extraneous noise that can arise in the cable connection between the unit and the pre-amplifier, ensuring high-fidelity transmission of the audio signal. Balanced connections are also the same type of connection used in professional audio and theater applications. Additionally, the alternative unbalanced connections use a ground sensing transmission method that achieves simple balanced transmission. Both, the Balanced (XLR) and Unbalanced (RCA) inputs, use gold-plated terminals for excellent signal transfer and corrosion resistant.
Gold-Plated, Binding Post Speaker Outputs: The speaker output terminals are high quality gold-plated types and are compatible with bare wire (up to 8AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single only) for optimum speaker connectivity. The unit supports the following speaker impedances using the impedance selector switch on back of the amplifier.
- CH.3 A/B: 4Ωor more (8Ω or more when using CH.3 A and CH.3 B at the same time)
- Bridge Connection: 8Ω or more
- Other channels: 6Ω or more
Trigger Function: The Trigger function can control power of the unit in conjunction with operating other devices or control power of other devices in conjunction with turning on/off the power amplifier. If you have a preamplifier, other power amplifier, or a subwoofer that supports the Trigger function, you can use the Trigger function by connecting your devices to the Trigger jacks with a monaural minijack (3.5mm) cable. Depending on the intended use, connect your devices to one of the following Trigger jacks. Each Trigger jacks consists of a female 3.5mm terminal.
- Trigger In: The Trigger Input is used for connecting a component that supports the Trigger output function, such as a preamplifier. If you turn on/off the preamplifier, the Yamaha power amplifier will automatically turns on/off (standby).
- Trigger Through Out: The Trigger Through Out jack outputs signals input from the Trigger input jack. If you connect a device that supports the trigger input function (such as another power amplifier), your device will automatically turn on/off in conjunction with turning on/off the device connected to the In jack.
- Trigger Out: The Trigger Out is for connecting a component that supports the Trigger input function, such as a powered subwoofer. If you turn on/off (standby) the power amplifier, your powered subwoofer or other will automatically turns on/off.
Auto Power Standby: The MX-A5200 has an Auto Power Standby function that will turn the power off after eight hours. It can be turned on and off via a rear panel switch and will be overridden by the Trigger function.
3 questions already asked