About the Yamaha MusicCast SUB 100
The Yamaha MusicCast SUB 100 significantly extends the lower register of your MusicCast audio system, giving your music a deeper, richer sound. This wireless subwoofer is compatible with MusicCast-enabled home theater receivers and speakers. Use them to build a true 5.1 MusicCast surround sound system. Or add the SUB 100 to a pair of MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 speakers to make a 2.1 stereo system.
Clean, clear bass
The SUB 100 features an 8" woofer driven by a built-in 130-watt amplifier. Its enclosure features Yamaha's Twisted Flare Port, a contoured opening that disperses air turbulence for clean, clear bass. The subwoofer also has Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II) on board. This technology uses a feedback system between the driver and amplifier to generate greater bass output from a small cabinet.
Easy app-based control
Use the free MusicCast Control app to operate your system from your smartphone or tablet. The app can also guide you through the setup process step by step.
- for use with Yamaha MusicCast home theater receivers, and MusicCast 20 and MusicCast 50 speakers
- 8" cone woofer
- built-in 130-watt amplifier
- Twisted Flare Port technology
- frequency response: 28-300 Hz
- communicates with other MusicCast components via Wi-Fi® or wired Ethernet connection
- control your MusicCast system with the MusicCast Controller app for your smartphone or tablet
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- 3.5mm mini jack input
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- requires AC power, power cable included
- 9-15/16"W x 15"H x 16-5/16"D
- weight: 27.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NS-NSW100PN
What's in the box:
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- Owner's Manual
- Unboxing Instructions
- Warranty Information
- "Worldwide Representative Offices" note
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha MusicCast SUB 100
MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100): The MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) features a front-firing 8" cone woofer powered by a 130 watt amplifier inside a bass reflex enclosure with a modern design and elegant, piano-gloss finish, plus a non-detachable cloth grille. The MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) brings your movies, TV shows, and music to life with rich, powerful bass that you can feel.
- Advanced YST II: The Advanced YST (Yamaha Active Servo) Technology is a unique system in which the woofer and amplifier work together to cancel out impedance so the woofer has a perfectly linear motion. By doing this, the MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) ensures the highest levels of sound pressure and overall performance.
- Twisted Flare Port Design: The MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) utilizes a Twisted Flare Port to create a smooth flow of air for clear, accurate low-frequency reproduction. A flared port that twists as it spreads disperses the air turbulence that occurs near the opening of the port, ensuring smooth airflow. This suppresses noise that is not included in the original input signal, allowing clear low-frequency sound to be reproduced.
Wireless Connectivity: The MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) is part of Yamaha's MusicCast multiroom audio eco-system. It connects wirelessly to 2018-up Yamaha MusicCastAV receivers and speakers using your home's WiFi network and the free MusicCast Controller app for (Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.1+). Wireless applications include -
- Wirelessly pair the MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) with a 2018-up MusicCast-enabled Yamaha AV receiver for a 5.1ch to 7.1.4ch home theater system.
- Wirelessly pair the subwoofer and a pair of MusicCast 20 (WX-021) or MusicCast 50 (WX-051) speakers with a 2018-up MusicCast-enabled Yamaha AV receiver for a 5.1ch home theater system.
- Wirelessly pair the sub with a single or a pair of MusicCast 20 (WX-021) or MusicCast 50 (WX-051) speakers for a 1.1ch or 2.1ch speaker setup.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: In order to wirelessly connect the MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) to your 2018-up MusicCast compatible Yamaha receiver or speaker(s), you will need to connect the subwoofer to your home's wireless network router via WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4/5GHz) or Ethernet (RJ-45). Network setup is completed through the free MusicCast Controller app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Hardwired Connection: If you prefer a wired connection, the MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) is equipped with a 3.5mm stereo minijack input to connect to your Yamaha MusicCast-enabled AV receiver or any manufacturer receiver with a subwoofer output.
Low-Pass Crossover: The subwoofer's low-frequency range (crossover frequency) is automatically adjusted as appropriate for the wirelessly paired MusicCast enabled receiver and speaker(s), ensuring that the sound transitions naturally. When using the hardwired 3.5mm input, the low-frequency filter is set at a fixed 160Hz.
Volume Control: If this unit is connected to a network, the volume level is automatically adjusted to match your wirelessly paired MusicCast speaker(s) or MusicCast enabled receiver's speakers. If this unit is connected via the 3.5mm analog input, set the subwoofer's top-panel Gain knob to adjust the volume the powered sub. You can also use the top-panel Gain knob to further fine tune the volume level of the sub when its wirelessly connected to a MusicCast receiver or speaker(s).
Linked Power w/ Auto Standby: Power On/Off is linked between the MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) and the wirelessly connected MusicCast compatible receiver or speaker(s). If this unit is not operated and there is no audio signal for approximately 20 minutes, the subwoofer will enter standby mode. When eight hours have elapsed after no network connection, the unit will enter eco standby mode to save even more power.
Wireless & Input Switch: There is a "Wireless" & "Input" switch on the back of the sub which must be set to indicate if you are using the powered sub's built-in WiFi, Ethernet jack, or 3.5mm input to connect the subwoofer.
Placement Options: For best sound quality, the MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) should be placed on the floor against the same wall as your MusicCast speaker(s) or your MusicCast receiver's main front speakers, with an electrical outlet nearby for the power cord. It should not be placed on a shelf or table. For more bass, the wireless powered sub should be placed closer to walls and corners. For less bass, the subwoofer should be pulled away from walls and corners.
AC Power: Even though the MusicCast Sub 100 (NS-NSW100) is a wireless powered subwoofer, it will still require connection to an AC power outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner. The wireless powered subwoofer features an attached 6' AC power cord.
2 questions already asked