About the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1060
A powerful blend of features and performance
Yamaha's free AV Controller app puts you in command of your home theater.
A powerful blend of features and performance
Home theater receivers these days are packed full of exciting features, and Yamaha's AVENTAGE RX-A1060 is no exception. It has support for 4K and HDR technology — perfect for the latest Ultra HD TVs and Blu-ray players — plus it decodes Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for the most immersive home theater surround sound to date. It plays high-resolution music files and even cleans up lower-resolution audio so you can enjoy music with detail and clarity from any source. Add high-quality construction and top-notch audio and video performance to that list, and you'll see the 'A1060 has a good bit more to offer than your average receiver.
Easy setup and control
Yamaha's free AV Setup Guide app for iOS® and Android™ tablets takes you step-by-step through the connection process. The simple yet sophisticated YPAO calibration system uses an included setup microphone to analyze your speakers and your room's acoustics to optimize your system's sound. The comprehensive, customizable AV Controller app — a favorite with Crutchfield customers — turns your compatible mobile device into an ultra-convenient Wi-Fi remote.
The AVENTAGE difference
For their AVENTAGE-series receivers, Yamaha uses custom-designed parts with anti-resonance technology to reduce distortion caused by vibration. A rigid H-shaped frame adds stability to cut out chassis vibration almost completely. A specially designed fifth foot at the center of the receiver's base dampens internal and external vibrations, and an aluminum front panel further reduces resonance to maximize sound quality. The RX-A1060's meticulous construction, combined with its symmetrical amplifier layout and low-jitter PLL circuitry, results in accurate playback, precise stereo imaging, and a wide, natural soundstage.
More music choices
The RX-A1060 has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay all built in, so you have loads of options for wireless music streaming. Get music from around the world with vTuner Internet radio. There's built-in support for Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM Internet radio and Spotify® Connect, so you can play and control your custom content directly through the receiver. You can also stream audio via Bluetooth to a compatible pair of Bluetooth headphones — great for late-night TV viewing — or to a compatible wireless speaker. Switching from digital to analog, the built-in phono preamp lets you plug in a turntable and get back in the vinyl groove.
Music and video in different rooms
The RX-A1060's seven-channel amplifier has outputs for nine speakers, giving you flexible configuration options. You can connect seven speakers in your living room, and use the two extra speaker outputs to power a pair of speakers in a second room. That way, you can listen to stereo music in Zone 2 while others watch TV in the main room. When Zone 2 is powered on, Yamaha's Intelligent Amp Assign feature automatically redirects the power for the two surround back channels to your stereo setup in Zone 2, giving you five-channel surround sound in the living room. A second HDMI output lets you select an independent source for playback on a TV in an additional room, making it easy to put on a movie for the kids in one room while you catch up on your TV shows in the other.
MusicCast wireless freedom
MusicCast makes it easy to build a whole-home wireless audio system with compatible Yamaha wireless speakers and sound bars. You'll have plenty of sources to choose from, including your personal digital music library, Internet radio, and popular streaming services. You can also play Bluetooth sources, like your phone or tablet, sound from your TV, and even CDs and vinyl. MusicCast also supports high-resolution audio formats.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding,
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup with multiple placement patterns for height channels
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) automatic speaker calibration with Reflected Sound Control to deliver more accurate surround sound across different listening levels (microphone included)
- Cinema DSP modes add richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Adaptive Dynamic Range Control limits the volume level on sound effects and commercials for more discreet late-night listening
- Dialogue Lift and Level Adjustment for clearer, louder dialogue while watching movies and shows
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- Wireless Direct lets you stream music and control playback from a smartphone or tablet without a wireless home network
- includes support for Pandora, Rhapsody, vTuner, and SiriusXM Internet radio (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver, controlled by your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible phone, tablet, or computer
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- MusicCast wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components for whole-home audio
- front-panel USB input for connecting a flash drive or portable music player
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- DLNA 1.5 certified for streaming music wirelessly from compatible computers and network-attached storage (NAS) drives
- gapless playback of WAV, FLAC and ALAC files from USB thumb drives and networked computers
- dual-room/dual-source output
- powered stereo audio outputs for 2nd room (allows 5.2-channel sound in main room while in use)
- Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to watch different video content simultaneously on two TVs
- line-level 2nd-room outputs for use with a separate amplifier or powered speakers
- Intelligent Amp Assign automatically redirects surround back channels in Main zone to Zone 2 speakers when Zone 2 is powered on
Audio Performance Features:
- 8-channel ESS Sabre digital-to-analog converter
- symmetrical power amp layout electrically isolates left and right channel circuitry for high signal-to-noise ratio and wider soundstage
- Ultra Low Jitter PLL circuitry reduces timing jitter from digital sources, for improved sound quality
- surround back speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping compatible front left and right speakers
- Pure Direct mode switches off front-panel display, tone controls, and DSP circuitry for cleaner sound with analog audio sources
- Compressed Music Enhancer improves sound quality of Bluetooth streams, MP3s and other digital music files
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in, 2 out (including 1 front-panel input)
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (HDMI inputs 1-7 and monitor outputs only)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 5 in, 1 out (including 1 front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 3 optical and 3 coaxial
- 8 analog stereo audio inputs (including 1 front-panel input)
- phono input for use with a turntable
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs for connection to an external power amp and powered subwoofers
- Ethernet port for network connection
- front-panel USB port
- outputs for 9 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Zone 2 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 7 channels at once
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Yamaha AV Controller app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- 12 SCENE presets for one-touch power-up, source selection and DSP recall
- Audio Return Channel function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- full-color on-screen display
- HDMI standby pass-through allows source switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- full-size headphone jack
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 7-1/8"H x 17-1/4"D (9-3/4"H with Wi-Fi antenna raised)
- weight: 32.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RX-A1060BL
What's in the box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Wireless remote control (RAV542)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- YPAO microphone
- WLAN/Bluetooth antenna (installed)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Owner's Manual CD-ROM
- Easy Setup Guide
- MusicCast Setup Guide
- MusicCast brochure
- Safety Brochure
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- "Yamaha Worldwide Representative Offices" note
- Spotify Connect brochure
- MusicCast brochure
- Owner's Manual HTML note
Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1060 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1060
Features & specs
Aventage Series: The Aventage line of Yamaha AV receivers is based on the audio design concept of providing a massive, full-bodied sound for movie sound effects and the accurate reproduction of music sources. By expertly harmonizing traditional and advanced technologies, every factor that affects sound quality, from materials & parts construction to circuitry layout, vibration damping, and "fine-tuning" the sound, is handled with no other thought than to achieve the best possible audio quality. As a result, every Aventage receiver has the ability to reproduce the most subtle details of high-definition sound, so that listeners can enjoy a truly high-class sound studio experience at home.
- High Drive Amp Technology: A fully discrete power amplifier helps maximize sound and minimize distortion of the receiver. The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV Receiver is equipped with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 110 watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.06% THD, driving 2 channels) which provides high dynamic power with low-impedance drive capability.
- Symmetrical Power Amplifier Layout: The interior of the unit has been precisely planned, circuit-routed and built so that the left & right channels are physically and electrically isolated. This naturally maximizes channel separation, but also greatly improves signal to noise ratio and helps to achieve a wide, open sound stage.
- Professional Quality DACs: The Yamaha RX-A1060 uses ESS Sabre Premier 192kHz/24-bit DACs (ES9006A) for all channels to produce professional quality digital audio with exceptionally good signal-to-noise ratio and up to 120dB of dynamic range. The AV receiver also utilizes low-jitter PLL circuitry to help optimize sound imaging. The result is a more dynamic sound with greater detail and less distortion.
- Independent Power Supplies: Independent power supplies are used for the receiver's analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. These power supplies are highly efficient and result in less power consumption in standby mode.
- Aluminum Front-Panel: The aluminum front-panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic energy generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
- H-Shaped Cross Member Frame: The interior of the receiver is reinforced with cross members in an H-shape to provide an extremely rigid and stable frame. This reduces chassis vibration to virtually zero even during high volume output (seemingly even minor vibrations can affect the sound), maintaining the highest audio quality.
- Double Bottom Construction: An additional bottom cover is added for additional support and to improve sound performance at higher volume levels and also support the power transformer and heat sinks.
- A.R.T.: The A.R.T. (Anti-Resonance Technology) Wedge 5th foot is in the center of the unit. It dampens vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers. A.R.T. Wedge 5th foot helps ensure that vibrations do not affect the sound quality. The AV receiver also employs anti-vibration heatsinks to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure.
Intelligent Amplifier Assignment: Intelligent Amp Assignment automatically assigns amplifier channels of the Yamaha AV receiver to certain speakers depending on what speaker layout has been selected and what content is being played back. You can connect up to nine speakers to the AV receiver and it will determine which seven speakers need amplification. You can choose from a variety of amplifier speaker layout configurations.
- Basic Surround: In this configuration, up to nine speakers (Front L/R, Front Presence L/R, Center, Surround L/R, & Surround Back L/R) can be connected to the AV receiver. When Cinema DSP 3D is on or a Dolby Atmos soundtrack is being played, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two Surround Back speakers. When Cinema DSP 3D is off or Dolby Atmos is not playing, this situation is reversed and the Front Presence speaker turn off while the Surround Back speakers are powered. Bi-amp and Zone 2 speakers are not available in this mode.
- Dolby Atmos + Zone 2: In this setup, you can hook up a 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos speaker system in the main room and a pair of speakers in Zone 2 to the receiver. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels of your Dolby Atmos speaker system will be powered. However, when Zone 2 is turned on, power to the Front Height, Overhead, or Dolby Atmos speakers will be cut off and directed to the pair of speakers in Zone; limiting you to only 5.1ch surround in the main room. Bi-amp & Surround Back speakers are not available in this setup.
- 7ch + Zone 2: In this configuration, up to nine speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Zone 2) can be connected to the AV receiver. When Zone 2 is off, all seven channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive five channels of power. The same or different analog input sources/volume settings can be applied to both zones. Bi-amp, Front Presence, & Dolby Atmos speakers are not available in this mode.
- 5ch Bi-Amp: Up to five speakers (Front L/R, Center, & Surround L/R) can be connected to the AV receiver. The Surround Back amplifier channels of the AV receiver are reassigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier. Zone 2, Front Presence, & Dolby Atmos speakers are not available in this mode.
YPAO Sound Optimization: This unit employs the YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer), which automatically adjusts the output of the speakers based on placement, performance, and the room's acoustic characteristics. Yamaha's YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters; such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers, and even the volume level; until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room. Using the supplied Optimizer Microphone, YPAO performs the following checks and makes appropriate adjustments to give you the best possible sound from your system.
- Multipoint & Pattern 1/2: Up to 8 listening position measurements are taken to optimize the surround effect for a broad area. You can store up to two speaker patterns.
- Speaker Check: YPAO checks which speakers are connected and the polarity of each, checks the frequency response of each speaker and sets the appropriate crossover frequency for each channel, checks the distance of each speaker from the listening position and adjusts the delay of each channel, as well as checks and adjusts the volume level of each speaker.
- R.S.C (Reflected Sound Control): The receiver also employs YPAO's Reflected Sound Control (RSC) to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound.
- EQ: Choose between 3 YPAO EQ modes - Natural (adjusts all speakers to a natural sound; useful when the flat setting sounds too bright), Flat (use when all the speakers in the system have similar sound characteristics), or Front (EQs the center and rear speakers to sound like the front; useful when your front speakers are better than the others in the system)
- DSP Effect Normalization: In addition, YPAO provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the Cinema DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds in the room.
- YPAO Volume: Human ears have less sensitivity to high and low frequencies, especially at lower volumes. YPAO Volume applies loudness EQ correction to automatically adjust high and low frequency levels as volume changes. Using the YPAO measurement results, EQ correction is optimized to your system settings and listening environment.
Note: You can also choose to manually adjust the AV receiver's speaker, crossover, & EQ settings.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|DSD||2-6ch, 2.8824MHz, 1-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: The Yamaha AV receiver will enhance properly designed systems with Dolby Atmos where sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth. The RX-A1060 has the processing power to run a more enveloping 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos layout utilizing front-height, ceiling mounted, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 5.1.2 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by two Front Height, Overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
Post Decoding Formats: The Yamaha AV receiver supports Dolby Surround, DTS Neural:X, and DTS Neo:6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch and multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neural:X: DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Neo:6: DTS Neo:6 is an advanced matrix decoder that takes any two-channel source (including television broadcasts, CDs and DVDs) and expands it into five or six channels. It also provides separate, optimized modes for stereo music materials and matrix surround motion picture soundtracks. DTS Neo:6 brings you a more revealing sound from ordinary stereo and a more expansive home cinema experience.
Cinema DSP Soundfields: Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha Cinema DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent soundfields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialog, music and effects ideally located in these separate soundfields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater. The AV receiver offers 23 Cinema DSP programs for movies, music, and games.
- Movie Soundfields: Standard, Spectacle, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Drama, Mono Movie
- Entertainment Soundfields: Sports, Action Game, Role Playing Game, Music Video, Recital/Opera
- Music Soundfields: Hall Munich, Hall in Vienna, Hall in Amsterdam, Church in Freiburg, Church in Royaumont, Chamber, Village Vanguard, Warehouse Loft, Cellar club, The Roxy Theater, The Bottom Line, 7ch Stereo
Cinema DSP Modes: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver offers proprietary Yamaha Cinema modes so you can enjoy your movies and music even more in your home; regardless if you are using 5.1 speaker setup, only have a two-channel speaker system, or listening through headphones.
- Cinema DSP 3D: The actually measured soundfield data in
recorded soundtracks contain the information of the height of the sound
images. Cinema DSP 3D mode achieves the reproduction of the accurate height
of theses sound images so that it can create the accurate and intensive
stereoscopic soundfield in your listening room. The receiver achieves Cinema
DSP 3D through its virtual Presence Speaker & Virtual Surround Back Speakers
- Virtual Presence Speaker (VPS): With the power of CINEMA DSP 3D, the Virtual Presence Speaker function makes full use of center and surround speakers to create audible information from where presence (height) speakers are normally installed.
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker (VSBS): This receiver also features a Virtual Surround Back Speaker function. Even without using surround back speakers, you can experience more natural, lifelike sound from behind you without physical speakers being installed in the surround back area of the listening environment.
- Virtual Cinema DSP: Virtual Cinema DSP is an algorithm that allows you to enjoy DSP soundfield surround effects while using a minimal two-speaker system. Virtual Cinema DSP lets you enjoy the effects of Cinema DSP surround sound without using surround speakers (handy for use in custom installations where some rooms don't have surround speakers). It can be used with the front/center speakers or even with just the two front left and right speakers. This unit will switch to virtual Cinema DSP mode automatically when surround speakers are unavailable.
- Virtual Cinema Front: With Virtual Cinema Front, you will enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with higher quality and resolution by installing surround speakers at the front. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
- Silent Cinema: Silent Cinema makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones. This is a variation of Cinema DSP technology that Yamaha developed to let you listen in private to movies and other multi-channel sources for hours without listening fatigue.
CINEMA DSP Parameters: You can adjust the following parameters of the Cinema DSP modes.
- DSP Level: You can change the receiver's CINEMA DSP effect level (level of the soundfield effect to be added). You can adjust the level of the soundfield effect from -6 dB to +3 dB.
- Delay: Adjusts the delay between the direct sound and the presence soundfield (1-99ms), surround soundfield (1-49ms), and surround back soundfield (1-49ms).
- Room Size: Adjusts the broadening effect (0.1-2.0) of the presence soundfield, surround soundfield, and the surround back sound field.
- Liveness: Adjusts the loss (0-10) of the presence soundfield, surround back soundfield, and surround back soundfield.
- Reverb: Adjusts the delay time of the rear reverberant sound (1.0-5.0s), the delay between the direct sound and rear reverberant sound (0-250ms), and the volume of the reverberant sound (0-100%).
HiFi Sound Modes: The Yamaha RX-A1060 offers two HiFi audio modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. These HiFi sound modes lets you play back input sources without any soundfield effect processing. When either of theses modes are enabled, each speaker produces its own channel audio signal (without soundfield processing). When playing back 2-channle sources, such as a CD player, stereo sound is heard from the front speakers. When playing back multichannel sources, the receiver produces unprocessed multichannel surround sound.
- Straight: 2-channel stereo sources are output from only the front left and right speakers, while multi-channel sources are decoded straight into the appropriate channels without any additional tone or DSP processing.
- Pure Direct: Turns off the surround and tone circuitry, and dims the front-panel display, allowing sources to bypass the decoders and DSP processors of this unit so you can enjoy pure hi-fi sound from 2-channel or multi-channel sources. During Pure Direct playback no sound is output from the subwoofer.
Compressed Music Enhancer: Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms to enable playback that improves the performance of compressed music formats, including MP3, WMA, & AAC. The Yamaha receiver's Compressed Music Enhancer feature is even optimized for Bluetooth wireless audio streaming. With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
Dialog Lift, Level, & Control: Dialog Lift raises the sound of dialogue from the center speaker to a position in the center of the screen. Newly developed virtual dialogue lift achieves dialogue lift function even without the need for presence speakers. Dialog Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialog and music vocals at the ideal level for clear, comfortable listening. DTS Dialog Control allows you to boost the dialog to make dialog more intelligible in noisy environments.
Center-Channel Adjustment: When using the Dolby Surround mode, you can adjust the "Center Spread" to spread the center channel signals to the left and right front speakers. When in DTS Neo:6 Music mode, you can adjust the "Center Image" to broaden the effect level of the center-channel on the front soundfield.
Dynamic Range Control: The Yamaha RX-A1060 employs two Dynamic Range Control functions.
- Adaptive DRC: Adaptive DRC automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialog, vocals, and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening when you do not want to disturb others.
- Dynamic Range: The amount of dynamic range compression applied to bitstream signals is adjustable; Min/Auto is suitable for low volume listening, Standard is typical for home use, and Max doesn't compress the dynamic range at all.
Bass Management: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver provides the following Bass Management settings.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the balance of the high-frequency range (Treble) and low-frequency range (Bass) of sounds output from the receiver' front left and right speakers to obtain a desired tone. You can independently adjust the bass (50Hz) and treble (20kHz) from -6dB to +6dB in 0.5 dB increments. The tone control of the speakers or headphones can be set separately. The receiver can also be set to automatically adjust Bass & Treble balance to match the volume level in Zone 2.
- Extra Bass: You can select whether to play front channel low-frequencies through either of the front speaker or the subwoofer, or through both the subwoofer and front speakers. You can use the Extra Bass feature to amplify bass tones, not just in your main room but also on systems in Zone 2. Even with compact or in-wall speakers which typically lack bass, you'll hear all your sources with powerful bass sound.
- Subwoofer Trim: The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Volume Setup: The Yamaha RX-A1060 allows you to customize the receiver's volume levels.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display the "Relative" volume scale (-80 to +16dB) or an "Absolute" volume scale (0 to 97).
- Max Volume Adjustment: Use this feature to set the receiver's maximum volume level. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from -30dB to +15dB in 5dB steps, or to +16.5dB (full volume range is -80dB to +16.5 dB).
- Initial Volume Setting: Use this feature to set the volume level when the power is turned on. You can choose between Off (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Mute, and -80dB to + 16.5dB in increments of 0.5dB.
- Volume Trim: Use this feature to adjust the volume level of each input. This is useful to balance the level of each input to avoid sudden changes in volume when switching between input sources. The range is from -6dB to +6dB in 0.5dB increments.
Phono Input: The Yamaha AV receiver features a dedicated Phono (MM) input for connecting your turntable and listening to your vinyl records.
Audio Outputs: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver is fitted with binding-post speaker terminals and 7.2ch RCA pre-outs, along with a front-panel headphone jack.
- Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post terminals for all speaker terminals. The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. These terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs and a collar surrounding them prevents the use of spade connectors. You can select 8 ohms or 6 ohms in the menu depending on your speaker application. The amplifier supports 4- to 8-ohm Front speakers, and 6- to 8-ohm Center and Surround speakers.
- 7.2ch Pre-Out: The AV receiver features 7.2-channel pre-outs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. The dual sub outputs are wired in parallel and output the same signal (they are not discrete).
- Headphone Jack: The Yamaha RX-A1060 is equipped with a front-panel 1/4" headphone jack for connecting a set of headphone, so you can listen to your music privately. Connecting a set of headphones automatically mutes the receiver's speaker outputs. Sound effects applied during playback can also be heard through the headphones.
HDMI 2.0a: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver is fitted with eight HDMI 2.0a inputs (7 rear/1 front) and two HDMI 2.0a outputs that support the latest HDMI standards; such as 4K/60Hz, 4:4:4 color subsampling, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020), and 21:9 aspect ratio. The receiver's rear-panel HDMI inputs and both HDMI outputs also support HDCP 2.2 for full support of today's 4K content from Ultra HD Blu-ray, online video services (like Amazon & Netflix), and future TV broadcast services.
- 4K/60Hz: The RX-A1060 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signal.
- HDCP 2.2: Only the receiver's rear-panel HDMI inputs and both HDMI outputs support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The receiver also supports RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range Video) provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio: By supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format on your TV for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The two HDMI outputs can be set to display the same video signal or the second HDMI monitor output can be assigned to Zone 2 for the display of two different HDMI sources; simultaneously.
4K Video Upscaling: This AV Receiver will upscale video signals from analog (480i only)-to-HDMI and HDMI-to-HDMI, up to 4K. This means a much better picture with HDTVs capable of 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4K resolution. Only the receiver's main HDMI output is capable of video upconversion & upscaling; the sub HDMI output does not support video upconversion or upscaling.
Other HDMI Features: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D Ready: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the RX-A1060's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
- Standby Through Mode: When the RX-A1060 is in standby mode (power off), the Standby Through feature allows HDMI source signals to pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI input can be changed using the remote control. So, there's not need to turn on the AV receiver in order to switch HDMI sources.
Composite & Component Video: The RX-A1060 AV receiver offers both composite and component analog video jacks. The RX-A1060 offers three component video inputs and one component video monitor output. These jacks have a frequency response of 5 Hz to 60 MHz and will pass High Definition video sources up to 1080p. The receiver also features five composite video inputs (4 rear/1 front) and one composite video monitor output (480i only).
Background Audio/Video: The Background Video feature allows you to watch a video source while listening to a different audio source. With the RX-A1060, you can select any video input (HDMI or analog) and listen to audio via the receiver's AM/FM tuner, Aux input, Network, or Bluetooth.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Yamaha AV receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to your DLNA music server and various online music services. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
Internet Radio: The Yamaha RX-A1060's network connection provides access to Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, and vTuner Internet Radio online music services. You can control the Internet Radio services from the AV receiver's remote control and on-screen menu (via HDMI). The receiver will display station name, album name, song title, and elapsed time on your HDMI-connected television.
|Pandora||Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.|
|Spotify Connect||With the Spotify app (premium account required) on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those same songs from your smartphone to the Yamaha AV receiver by using Spotify Connect; simply hit play on the app to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening to Spotify on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately begins to stream to the receiver for uninterrupted music enjoyment. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music.|
|SiriusXM||Requires firmware update. SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
|Rhapsody||Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.|
|vTuner||You can also listen to Internet radio stations using the vTuner Internet Radio Station database service particularly customized for this unit, providing a database of numerous radio stations around the world. You can search for Internet Radio stations by Location, Genre, New, Popular, or Podcast.|
DLNA + WiFi Direct: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver supports music streaming from WiFi-enabled devices (via WiFi Direct) and DLNA certified devices (via your home network). Supported music files include; MP3 (up to 48kHz/320kbps), WMA (up to 48 kHz/320kbps), AAC (up to 48 kHz/320kbps), ALAC (up to 96kHz/24-bit), AIFF (up to 192kHz/24-bit), WAV (up to 192kHz/24-bit)), FLAC (up to 192kHz/24-bit), and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz).
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other WiFi-enabled devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly stream a variety of music files to the Yamaha receiver without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. You'll continue to navigate your music and view song/artist information from your mobile device.
- DLNA Certified: The RX-A1060 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music stored on your PC over your home network. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through your audio system, or use the RX-A1060 to browse and play music files on your hard drive. You can control playback of your streamed audio files from the AV receiver's remote control. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag and META tag information so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed from the unit's on-screen menu (via HDMI). The AV receiver supports the following DLNA music servers - (1) PC with Windows Media Player 11 or later installed, (2) PC with DLNA/UPnP Certificate server software installed, (3) NAS with DLNA/UPnP certification.
AM/FM Tuner: The Yamaha RX-A1060 AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The RX-A1060 lets you store up to 40 AM/FM station presets. This can be done manually or automatically (auto-preset tuning). You can set this receiver to automatically match FM broadcast frequencies in stereo, or convert the frequency to monaural for weaker stations. An indoor FM wire antenna and AM loop antenna are included with the receiver.
Web Control: When connected to your network (with Internet connection), you can control the Yamaha AV receiver with the web control screen displayed in your PC's web browser. You'll be able to control functions such as, Power On/Off & Volume. Internet Explorer 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, or Safari 7.x is recommended for web browser.
Firmware Updates: New firmware will be released for the purpose of additional features or product improvements. Firmware updates can be downloaded from the Yamaha website. If this unit is connected to the Internet, the receiver will indicate when a new firmware version is available and you can download the firmware via the network connection. Firmware updates normally take approximately 20 minutes or longer. Check Yamaha's Support Download Site for the most recent firmware updates.
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
Built-in Bluetooth: The Yamaha RX-A1060 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) for wireless communication between Bluetooth-enabled audio source devices, headphones, and speakers. The AV receiver can act as a Bluetooth receiver in order to wirelessly stream music from an audio device, or a Bluetooth transmitter in order to wirelessly stream music to a set of BT-enabled headphones/speakers.
- Bluetooth Receiver: The RX-A1060 incorporates Bluetooth A2DP & AVRCP, so you can wirelessly stream stored music & music apps from a Bluetooth-enabled device; like your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, or Mac computer/laptop to the AV receiver. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the receiver offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the receiver offers better audio performance of music streamed from your Apple iPod/Phone/iPad. Song/artist information will be displayed on your HDMI connected TV's screen and the front-panel of the receiver. You'll you be able to control basic playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the receiver's remote; advance music browsing still has to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- Bluetooth Transmitter: The Yamaha AV receiver can also act as a Bluetooth transmitter and stream its non-Bluetooth audio sources (HDMI, Network, USB/iPod, Analog, Optical/Coax Digital, & AM/FM tuner) out to most any Bluetooth headphone or speaker. You can only pair and stream audio to one Bluetooth headphone or speaker at a time. You can even have the same source playing from the main speakers and a Bluetooth speaker/headphone simultaneously (there is a slight audio delay). Volume control of the Bluetooth speaker/headphone will be controlled via the Bluetooth device and not the receiver.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Yamaha AV receiver.
USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files stored on a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player (not compatible with USB HDDs). Your USB mass storage class device must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32.You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. Compatible music files include:
- DSD (2.8MHz/5.6MHz)
- FLAC (up to 192kHz/24-bit)
- AIFF (up to 192kHz/24-bit)
- WAV (up to 192kHz/24-bit)
- ALAC (up to 96kHz/24-bit)
- MP3 (up to 48kHz/320kpbs)
- AAC (up to 48kHz/320kbps)
- WMA (up to 48kHz/320kbps)
Note: The receiver's USB port does not support Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets.
Zone 2 (Speaker-Level/Line-Level): The Zone 2 feature allows you to set this receiver to reproduce separate input sources in the main zone and the second zone (Zone 2). The receiver has dedicated stereo RCA outputs for Zone 2, or the built-in amplifier can be configured to power speakers in the second zone connected to the Extra Speaker terminals. By using the RCA outputs on the AV receiver you can connect an external receiver or integrated amplifier in a second room, allowing you to listen to 7.1ch surround in the main room and play a different stereo audio source in another room of your home. In this setup, the volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the receiver or optional integrated amp. By using the speaker-level outputs on the AV receiver you can directly connect a secondary pair of speakers in another room of your home, allowing you to listen to 5.1 surround sound in your main room and play a different stereo audio source in the other room. When the receiver is powering speakers in Zone 2, the surround back speakers in the main room are turned off (limiting you to 5.1ch in the main room). In this configuration, the volume of Zone 2 is controlled by the AV receiver
- Compatible Zone Sources: You can select the following
input sources for Zone 2.
- Analog Audio Inputs
- HDMI Audio (2ch PCM only)
- Optical/Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs (2ch PCM only)
- USB, AirPlay, & Bluetooth
- AM/FM Tuner & Internet Radio
- DLNA & Network Content
- Incompatible Zone Sources:
- Unfortunately, you cannot select Bluetooth, USB, and Network source exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select "Network Server" for Zone 2 when "USB" is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to "Network Server".
- You cannot select different AM/FM radio stations for each zone.
Zone 2 Video (HDMI & Analog): The Yamaha receiver's composite, component, and second HDMI monitor can be assigned to Zone, 2 so two different video feeds can be sent to two different displays at the same time directly from the receiver. You must connect the same video connection to your second display monitor as connected to your receiver for that particular source; there is no video-conversion or scaling for Zone 2. HDMI Zone 2 will also output multichannel audio signals for the HDMI input source selected (down-mixed to 2ch when the same HDMI input source is selected in the main zone).
Note: Yamaha recommends disabling the receiver's HDMI Control features if you have HDMI Zone 2 connected. The On-screen menu is not available in Zone 2.
Party Mode: The Party Mode allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2, simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types - analog, digital or wireless). During the party mode, stereo playback is automatically selected for all zones. The Main Zone & Zone 2's volume can be adjusted independently. Utilize this function when you want to play back an audio source as background music in two rooms of your home.
MusicCast Wireless Multiroom Streaming: This AV receiver supports Yamaha's MusicCast multiroom audio eco-system, which allows you to wirelessly play back a wide variety of audio sources and content in multiple rooms of your home (additional MusicCast products sold separately). MusicCast works with your home's existing WiFi router and Yamaha's free MusicCast App for Apple (iOS 7.1+) iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android (OS 4.1+) smartphones/tablets. You'll be able to stream the receiver's tuner, inputs, Bluetooth, and network sources to other MusicCast products installed in your home. In addition, you'll be able to stream your MusicCast products' sources to the AV receiver. MusicCast supports the following source content.
- Analog & Digital Sources: External devices connected to the receiver via HDMI, optical/coax digital, analog, or USB can be played back over the MusicCast eco-system. Multi-channel content (5.1ch/7.1ch) is down-mixed to 2-channel sound for playback in other rooms without affecting the master room.
- Tuner& Online Music Services: Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, Rhapsody, and vTuner can be accessed from the MusicCast app for multiroom playback. The receiver's built-in AM/FM tuner is also supported.
- DLNA: MusicCast supports DLNA, allowing access to DLNA-compatible computers (like Windows PC) and network attached storage (NAS) devices. With support for WAV, FLAC, and AIFF (up to 192kHz/24-bit), ALAC (up to 96kHz/24-bit), and MP3, WMA, and AAC (up to 48kHz/320kbps). Master room playback is at the native sampling rate and other rooms down-convert to 48kHz.
- Bluetooth: The receiver's Bluetooth source (SBC codec only) can be streamed to multiple MusicCast devices, so Bluetooth audio can be played in multiple rooms simultaneously. The MusicCast enabled receiver can also stream out non-Bluetooth sources to most any Bluetooth speaker or headphones (regardless of manufacture), making it convenient to expand MusicCast to your existing audio products.
MusicCast App: The free MusicCast app can be downloaded for Apple (iOS 7.1+) iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android (OS4.1+) smartphones/tablets. The MusicCast app puts control of your whole home listening experience in the palm of your hand from your Apple iOS or Android device. You'll be able to quickly select the room or rooms you want to listen to music in, select the source or sources you want to listen to, browse music content from your music library and online music services or Internet Radio, plus control music playback functions.
- Rooms: Choose which room or rooms you want to listen to music in. You can select a different source for each room, group certain rooms together for playback of the same source, or link all rooms together so the same source is played back throughout the house.
- Source Selection: From the app you can select which source or sources you want to listen to; choose from network-connected devices, select online music services, Internet Radio or Bluetooth. You can also select from the AV receiver's HDMI, digital, analog, and USB inputs.
- Zone Control: You can activate the receiver's Zone function from the app's settings menu. The MusicCast app will then allow you to select inputs and provide basic volume controls on secondary zones.
- Music Browsing: You can browse music libraries from your network-connected devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop. You can also browse music content from select online music services and search Internet Radio stations from the MusicCast app.
- Playback & Song/Artist Info: From the MusicCast app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device you get Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track; as well as song/artist information and album art.
- Favorites: Internet radio stations, content from select online music services, plus playlists and songs from your network-connected device's music library can be saved as "Favorites" for quick recall within the MusicCast app.
- Personalization & Customization: With the app's unique personalization features, you can choose from preloaded room images or change the color of buttons to represent each room in the home, or even take pictures of their own home and assign the images to each button. The content source buttons can also be customized to rename, remove or reorder selections for easier operation.
Note: Up to 10 MusicCast devices can be controlled by the MusicCast app.
AV Controller App: Download Yamaha's free AV Controller App on to your Apple (iOS 6.0+) iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android (OS 2.1+) smartphone/tablet and turn your mobile device into a Wi-Fi enabled remote control for the Yamaha AV receiver. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home network as the Yamaha AV receiver.
- Basic Remote Functions: The AV Controller App provides the flexibility to control input, volume, mute and power commands from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- DSP Controller: You can use the AV Controller App to adjust DSP soundfields & parameters to your preference to match the type of music/movie or the mood you want to achieve. There are two modes - (1) Basic, which lets you adjust the sound space by simply pinching the screen in-and-out; and (2) Advanced, which allows detailed adjustment of various parameters such as reverb, initial delay, and liveness.
- Internal Content Browsing: Using this app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can browse and listen to content from all internally available sources; such as Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify, USB devices, and the AM/FM tuner.
- Wireless Music Streaming: From the app, you can browse music stored on your Apple iOS or Android device and wirelessly transfer the content to the Yamaha A/V receiver for playback.
- Blu-Ray Player: This App not only controls the Yamaha AV receiver, it also controls Yamaha Blu-ray Disc Players, supporting various functions including Play/Pause, Stop, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Previous/Next Track.
AV Setup Guide App: Download Yamaha's AV Setup Guide App onto your Apple (iOS 6.0+) iPad or Android (OS 4.0+) tablet for assistance with connecting cables between the Yamaha AV receiver and your source devices as well as AV receiver setup. This app guides you through various settings including speaker connections, TV and source device connections, plus assigning the power amplifier. Once you have completed the setup guide, settings from this app will automatically be copied to your network-connected AV receiver for quick and easy setup.
Remote Control: The receiver comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of this receiver and other HDMI-connected sources (via HDMI CEC). This newly designed remote control features large buttons for enhanced ease of use.
HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control): The Yamaha AV receiver supports HDMI-CEC, which synchronizes the operation of this unit with other HDMI-CEC devices when connected via HDMI. When the AV receiver is connected to a HDMI-CEC compatible TV, they will turn ON/OFF together and you can use the TV remote to control the volume of the receiver. HDMI-CEC also provides playback functionality with other components, such as your Blu-ray player. For example, you can use the receiver's remote control to operate player functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, or Stop.
Note: Not all HDMI-CEC compatible components and functions are guaranteed to work.
Remote Connections: The RX-A1060 offers a variety of remote connections.
- 12V Trigger Outputs: The RX-A1060 has two programmable minijack outputs to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier or motorized projection screen. The triggers are programmed either to work with a specific zone (main room or Zone2) or a specific source.
- Remote Jacks: The receiver has remote input and remote output minijack terminals for use with external IR receivers and compatible Yamaha components.
- RS-232C Port: The AV receiver's RS-232C port provides seamless integration with a wide range of third-party home automation control systems.
Advanced On-Screen Menu: The RX-A1060 offers an on-screen (GUI) menu system through its HDMI output. The simple on-screen display combines text and graphics that make setup and other operations extremely easy. If your TV is connected to the composite video or component video monitor output, you will need to use the AV receiver's front-panel display when changing settings. You can set the receiver's on-screen menu language to English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, or Chinese.
Note: Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
Scene Plus: The Scene Plus function simplifies operation by providing one touch power-on, along with selection of the desired source and the appropriate DSP programs. Scene Plus offers a choice of 12 Scene selections, four of which can be assigned to the second zone in a multi-zone system. Scene Plus can be selected from the receiver's front panel, remote control, on-screen GUI, and even from the Apple iOS or Android app. Pressing a Scene button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and ALAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Favorites: You can register up to 40 favorite USB music files, internet radio stations, and/or other network music content as shortcuts ("Favorites") and access them directly. Only the input source will be registered for Bluetooth and AirPlay.
Input Rename & Skip: You can rename each input so the display reflects the actual source; choose from 15 templates or create an original name, up to nine characters. If an input isn't being used, you can hide it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources.
Display Dimmer: You can set the brightness of the front-panel display from -4 to 0.
ECO Mode: When the ECO Mode is enabled, you can reduce the receiver' power consumption by keeping the maximum volume, maximum output power, and front display's brightness low. ECO mode reduces power consumption by approximately 20%.
Timers: The receiver offers a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Power Down function.
- Sleep Timer: The receiver's Sleep Timer function can be set turn the unit automatically off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
- Auto Power Down: If you don't operate the receiver or use the remote for an extended period of time, the unit will automatically go into standby mode (Auto Power Down function). The Auto Power Down feature is selectable from 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours. The unit can also be set to power down if it does not detected an input signal for 20 minutes.
Memory Guard: This feature is used to prevent accidental changes to the DSP program parameter values and other system settings.
The Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1060 replaces these items
- 7-channel amplifier; 110 watts per channel with 2 channels driven
- built-in Wi-Fi allows wireless music playback from networked computers, an iPhone® via AirPlay®, or from music services like Pandora® and Spotify®
- dual zone/dual source output with dual-zone HDMI outputs for watching different video content on two TVs simultaneously
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked