About the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A6A (2021 model)
Yamaha helps bring movies and more to life
Yamaha helps bring movies and more to life
The level of creative detail in today's blockbuster movies and award-winning TV series is incredible. A high-performance home theater receiver like Yamaha's AVENTAGE RX-A6A can help bring those vibrant images and immersive sound effects to life in your room.
The RX-A6A offers advanced A/V processing, robust amplification, and exceptional room calibration. It's also simple to operate, thanks to Yamaha's superb control app for your phone or tablet.
An "H-shaped" cross frame design adds additional stability to the chassis while reducing vibrations.
Ideal for a Dolby Atmos system
The nine-channel RX-A6A is ideal for powering a 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system — that's the traditional five speakers and subwoofer configuration, plus two pairs of upward-firing or in-ceiling speakers for overhead sound effects.
Advanced video processing for movies and more
Yamaha made sure the RX-A6A is compatible with the latest video technology. All seven of its HDMI inputs support 4K content at 60 frames per second — perfect for high-quality sources like a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, or an Apple TV.
A free future firmware update will also enable support for 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz content for three HDMI inputs and one HDMI output.
Surround sound made simple
Yamaha has a solution for rooms that don't easily support running wire to surround speakers, and it's awesome. Use their MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless speakers as your surround channels, and skip running speaker wire across your room. (You'll still need to connect the speakers to AC power.)
Enjoy music from a variety of sources
You get plenty of options for playing music, too. Stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Apple AirPlay 2. Or, use the built-in phono input to connect your turntable. You can even play high-resolution tracks from a USB thumb drive or networked computer.
As a bonus, the RX-A6A also supports wireless multi-room music playback when paired with additional MusicCast components.
Power and processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- high slew rate design for clear, consistent performance across a wide frequency range
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for enveloping overhead sound effects
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization creates three-dimensional effects without height speakers (via free future firmware update)
- Cinema DSP HD3 adds richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Surround:AI™ technology analyzes your content and creates optimal surround effects in real time
- H-shaped cross frame adds additional stability to the chassis while reducing vibrations
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) automatic speaker calibration
- included microphone helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) with multipoint measurement helps deliver smooth, well-balanced surround sound across different seating positions
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- MusicCast wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components together for seamless whole-home audio
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control devices
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- three-room/three-source output
- amp assign function lets you use select speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone 2 or 3
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 7.2-channel sound in main room
- cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- Zone 2 and 3 stereo preamp outputs for use with optional external amplifiers
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- all HDMI connections support 4K/60Hz video
- 3 inputs and 1 output will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video with free future firmware update
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision™, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma)
- HDR10+ enabled via free future firmware update
- gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Quick Media Switching (QMS), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduce or eliminate lag and frame tearing
- VRR, ALLM, QMS, and QFT enabled via free future firmware update
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- analog video inputs: 2 composite, 1 component
- digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- stereo balanced XLR connections: 1 input, 1 output
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- 11.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- includes 2 line-level mono subwoofer outputs
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Front Presence L/R, Rear Presence L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 9 channels at once
- full-sized front-panel headphone jack
Dimensions and other info:
- free MusicCast app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- handheld remote control included
- 17-1/8"W x 7-1/2"H x 17-3/8"D (10-5/8"H with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 41.2 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (5 years with Yamaha account creation and model registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RX-A6ABL
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A6A (2021 model)
Features & specs