About the Yamaha T-S500
A 40-preset tuner from Yamaha
Want to add AM/FM radio to your home stereo system? The Yamaha T-S500 tuner is the perfect complement to your integrated amplifier and makes a particularly good match with Yamaha's A-S501. With 40 presets, you'll have plenty of room for stations you love as well as ones you only occasionally scan. The rotary knob makes switching easy, and the T-S500 will automatically program the 40 strongest FM stations for you.
- 40 AM/FM presets
- rotary knob for switching between preset stations
- automatically programs 40 strongest FM stations
- auto and manual tuning
- large 2-line display
- IR sensor for use with remotes for Yamaha integrated amplifiers
- AM and FM antennas included
- 5' RCA cable included
- FM harmonic distortion (1 kHz): 0.3% (mono), 0.5% (stereo)
- FM signal-to-noise ratio: 80 dB (mono), 75 dB (stereo)
- 17-1/8"W x 3-3/4"H x 13-1/4"D
- weight: 7.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- no remote included
- MFR # T-S500BL
What's in the box:
- AM/FM stereo tuner
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- 5' Stereo RCA cable
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Online Product Registration
- US Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
- Disposal Information
Yamaha T-S500 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha T-S500
Overview: The Yamaha T-S500 is user-friendly AM/FM stereo tuner that provides convenient tuning functions and a high visibility, two-line display. It uses Yamaha's new HiFi component design that matches Yamaha integrated amplifiers and receivers, but can also be used with any model integrated amplifier or receiver with a stereo RCA input.
40-Station AM/FM Preset Tuning: The Yamaha T-S500 Tuner allows you to store up to 40 AM/FM station presets. The T-S500 can be set to automatically preset the 40 strongest FM stations on the dial so you don't have to select and preset them manually. Thanks to Multi-Status Station Memory, each station memory includes the parameters set when it was memorized, for optimum quality each time it is selected.
Auto Search + Manual Tuning: Automatic tuning is effective when station signals are strong and there is no interference. If the signal from the station you want to select is weak, tune into it manually.
Stereo/Mono Mode (FM only): If the signal from an FM station is weak and the sound quality is poor, set the tuner to monaural tuning mode to improve reception.
AM/FM Antennas: The Yamaha T-S500 comes with an indoor AM loop antenna and indoor FM wire antenna. You can connect an optional outdoor AM/FM antenna (sold separately) for even better reception.
RCA Output: The Yamaha T-S500 is fitted with stereo analog RCA outputs to connect the tuner to the phono input of your integrated amplifier or A/V receiver.
Display: The Yamaha T-S500 AM/FM Stereo Tuner is equipped with a 2-line, 16-character (5x7 dot matrix) display. The tuner's display provides a larger amount of more precise information, making the tuning operation easier. You can change the brightness level (1-4) of the display.
Front-Panel IR Sensor: The T-S500's front-panel IR sensor allows the remote control from a Yamaha integrated amplifier or A/V receiver to operate the tuner.
Output Level/Impedance (fixed):
- FM (40 kHz Dev., 1 kHz): 1.0 V / 1.2 kΩ
- AM (30% mod., 1 kHz): 0.36 V / 1.2 kΩ
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 15 kHz (-3dB)
- Tuning Range: 87.5 to 107.9 MHz
- 50dB Mono Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 100% mod.): 3 µV (20.2 dBf)
- Usable Sensitivity (S/N 30dB):
- Mono: 1.0 µV
- Image Rejection Ratio: 80 dB
- I.F. Rejection Ratio: 70 dB
- Selectivity (400 kHz): 70 dB
- Signal/Noise Ratio (IHF): 80 dB (Mono); 75dB (Stereo)
- Harmonic Distortion (1 kHz): Mono 0.3%; Stereo 0.5%
- Stereo Separation (40 kHz Dev): 43 dB (1 kHz)
- Antenna Input: 75Ω
- Tuning Range: 530 to 1710 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity: 300 µV/m
- Selectivity: 30 dB
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 50 dB
- Image Rejection Ratio: 35 dB
- Harmonic Distortion: 1.0%
Power Consumption: 9 W
5 questions already asked