- closed-back, over-the-ear headphones
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® Adaptive automatically adjusts to prioritize audio quality or low latency, depending on the listening situation
- 40mm dynamic drivers tuned for well-balanced sound across a wide-frequency response
- Yamaha's "listening optimizer " technology uses sensors to detect movement, ear-shape, and other sound-leakage factors
Advanced adaptive noise cancellation:
- active noise-canceling circuitry automatically adjusts to the level of external sound
- designed to preserve audio quality
- Ambient Sound mode lets you hear external sounds
Mobile app and easy controls:
- free Yamaha Headphones Controller app for Apple® or Android™ lets you adjust settings
- choose from sound presets or customize the EQ
- "Listening Care" feature preserves sound quality at lower volumes by boosting certain frequencies
- tactile earcup buttons offer music, volume, and phone call controls
- access Google Assistant or Siri
- built-in mic for hands-free calls
General info and specs:
- built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 35 hours of music listening with noise cancellation
- USB-C charging cable included
- large ear pads and cushioned headband
- folding design for easy storage
- includes 3.5mm miniplug cable for optional wired listening
- hard protective carrying case and flight adapter included
- frequency response: 8-40,000 Hz
- weight: 11.46 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YH-E700ABL
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 49" Audio cable (Straight 3.5mm plug on one end and right-angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 20" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Airline adapter (female 3.5mm jack-to-dual male 3.5mm plugs)
- Zippered carrying case
- User Guide (Basic)
- Safety Brochure
- Important Notice
- Worldwide Representative Offices
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha YH-E700A
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.694" x 3.694"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||8-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Yamaha YH-E700A Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones uses advanced technology to provide excellent sound quality that adapts to you and your surroundings. The headphones feature Advanced ANC and an Ambient Sound function to let you choose how much ambient sound you want to hear. The Listening Optimizer and Listening Care features provide you with the best sound quality possible while helping to protect your ears. Not only can you listen to your favorite music or talk on the phone through the headphones, you can also activate the voice assistant in your phone or tablet with the press of a button. The YH-E700As come with a 4' audio cable with airline adapter, and a USB-C charging cable. The ear cups swivel and fold for storing in the included hard-shell zippered storage case.
Bluetooth 5.0: With Bluetooth 5.0, the YH-E700A provides stable wireless connectivity and excellent sound quality for your music and phone calls. The headphones support SBC, AAC, and Qualcomm's aptX Adaptive codecs. aptX Adaptive adjusts the bit rate to provide a more solid wireless connection and fewer dropouts. It is also ideal for gaming with its low latency, keeping the audio in sync with your game. aptX Adaptive is also ideal for listening to the highest wireless audio quality from your smartphone or tablet. Up to 8 devices can be registered to the headphones, however, only one can be paired at a time.
Wired Connection: If you cannot connect wirelessly, or want to save battery power, you can use a wired connection to listen to your music. A 4-foot audio cable is provided, with 3.5mm plugs on each end -- a straight plug for the headphones and a right-angled plug for the music device. The wired connection allows you to enjoy High Resolution audio from a Hi-Res audio-capable player with a wider frequency range (5Hz to 40kHz) than Bluetooth. With the headphones powered on, you can still enjoy the Advanced ANC and Ambient Sound features. When the audio cable is plugged in, you will not be able to connect to a Bluetooth device, make or receive phone calls, use the Headphones Controller App, or use the onboard controls (except for Power and ANC keys). An Airline Adapter is included for using your headphones to enjoy in-flight entertainment.
Drivers: The Yamaha YH-E700A is equipped with 40mm dynamic drivers for powerful, full-range sound.
Onboard Controls: The headphones have onboard controls for music playback, phone calls, and some special features. On the right ear cup is the button for powering on the headphones and pairing them with your phone, tablet, or music player. The "+" and "-" keys, and Function Key, also on the right ear cup, control music playback (play/pause, skip to next song, skip to previous song). When a phone call comes in, the Function Key lets you receive or reject the call, and end it during the call. Pressing the Function Key twice activates your phone's Voice Assistant (Siri / Google Assistant). On the left ear cup, the ANC key cycles through the special features: Noise Cancelling, Ambient Sound, and Off.
Listening Optimizer: Yamaha's Listening Optimizer automatically adjusts the sound quality to best match how the headphones fit your ears. Since every ear is different, the headphones fit each person differently. The YH-E700A uses microphones inside the ear cups to analyze how the sound reaches your ears every 20 seconds, and customizes the sound to your ears and your listening conditions. The result is the best sound quality possible for you.
Advanced ANC: Advanced ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) lets you hear more of your music by reducing outside noise. Microphones on the outside of each ear cup pick up external noise from traffic, trains, buses, airplanes, and nearby conversations and filters it out by introducing an equal, but opposite audio signal. Advanced ANC takes noise cancellation a step further. The headphones also have microphones inside the ear cups for picking up and filtering out any noise that isn't part of the audio signal. What's left is pure music that you can listen to without distraction.
Ambient Sound: When the Ambient Sound feature is enabled, the sounds around you will be mixed together with the music signal. The same microphones used for Advanced ANC pick up the outside noise and let it in, so you can be aware of your surroundings. This is convenient for briefly talking with someone, hearing an announcement at the airport or train station, or being safe when walking near traffic.
Listening Care: The Listening Care feature makes adjustments to the sound quality depending on the playback volume. At low volumes, the high and low ends of the audio spectrum become harder to hear. Boosting the overall volume to hear those lost frequencies can be damaging to your hearing. Listening Care restores those lost frequencies, so you get rich, full sound, even at lower volumes.
Headphones Controller App: Yamaha's Headphones Controller App supports the YH-E700A over-ear headphones, allowing you to check the battery power level of your headphones, control some features, and keep your headphones up to date. In the app, you can turn on/off features such as Listening Care, Advanced ANC, Ambient Sound, and Listening Optimizer. You can also set the time for the auto power off feature (5 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 3 hours). When firmware updates are available from Yamaha, you can download them to the headphones through the app. The Headphones Controller App is available from Google Play for devices running Android 7.0 and up, and from The Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad running iOS 11.0 or later.
Voice Prompts: The YH-E700A headphones features voice prompts for certain status and function confirmations. When the headphones are powered on, the voice prompt provides the current battery status (High, Medium, or Low). It also confirms when power is off. When pairing with a device, you receive vocal confirmation for Pairing, Pairing Successful/Failed, and Connected/Disconnected. Voice Prompts also confirm enabling Noise Cancelling and Ambient Sound, and turning those features off.
Battery: The wireless headphones have a built-in rechargeable battery for powering Bluetooth and other features. The battery charges using the included cable (USB-A to USB-C), and requires a 5V USB power adapter with at least 0.5A charging power. The headphones fully charge in approximately 3.5 hours, and provide approximately 35 hours of playback time. You can check the remaining battery charge in the Headphones Controller App, or on the headphones when powering on. The Power LED flashes one, two, or three times to indicate Low, Medium, or High battery level, respectively.
- Frequency Response: 8 Hz to 40 kHz (wired connection)
- Driver Size: 40mm dynamic
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- External: Diameter 3.694" Depth 2.281"
- Internal: Width 2.19" Height 2.098" Depth 1.06"
- Weight: 11.75 ounces (w/o cable)