About the Yamaha YSP-5600 Digital Sound Projector
World's first Atmos sound bar
44 beam drivers, including 12 dedicated "height" or "ceiling" drivers deliver Dolby Atmos sound by reflecting sound around the room.
World's first Atmos sound bar
This may sound corny, but my first Dolby Atmos experience in the Crutchfield Labs gave me a sense of wonder that I thought I had outgrown. Mesmerizing movie effects poured over me from every direction, including overhead. I was completely immersed in the world and the action onscreen. Now, imagine getting completely enveloping Atmos sound from one easy-to-setup speaker.
The game-changing Yamaha YSP-5600 Digital Sound Projector can give you just that. An incredible array of 44 directional speakers, two subwoofers, and Atmos sound processing are jam-packed into this single, décor-friendly sound bar. We'd be skeptical if we hadn't seen Yamaha's famous beam drivers pull off impressive surround sound over and over again. Their precisely angled drivers use advanced processing to reflect sound off the surrounding walls and ceiling. You get the uncanny illusion that speakers are placed all around you, including overhead.
Placement and mounting options
Keep in mind the Yamaha YSP-5600 sits 8-3/8" high. So if you plan on placing it on a TV stand, it works best under a wall-mounted TV. This sound bar can also be wall-mounted using Yamaha's SPM-K30 bracket (sold separately).
An impressive demo
"One overcast July day, I took a short constitutional walk around the outside of Crutchfield HQ. As I neared the building to go back inside, I heard a rumbling noise. Convinced it was thunder, and that I was about to get drenched, I hurried toward the nearest door."
"When I got inside, the sound was louder than before. So I followed my ears to our training room, where a colleague had set up a demonstration of the Yamaha YSP-5600 Digital Sound Projector. The dominating rumble I had heard was, in fact, the climactic scene of the 1991 blockbuster "Terminator 2." A powered Klipsch subwoofer connected to the sound bar was really filling out the low end."
"Suitably impressed, I took a seat in the room's sweet spot and let the dialogue, sound effects, and thrilling score wash over me. Our training room is a large, unforgiving space, but the speaker's built-in IntelliBeam auto calibration system made it sound as good as a comfy home theater."
"By the time the film was done, I definitely wanted one for myself."
— Eric A., Crutchfield writer
Surround effects tailored to your room
The YSP-5600 uses advanced auto calibration and an included microphone to dial in the sound of the beam drivers so they produce lifelike atmospheric effects with your specific room and exact seating position. A choice of preset listening modes,including Dialogue Lift, Sports mode, and a dedicated stereo mode, let you adjust the sound according to your preferences. For late-night viewing, the beam drivers can even "target" a particular seat, while hushing the sound in other areas.
The YSP-5600 is almost 9" tall and probably pairs best with wall-mounted TVs, but it takes the place of a full Dolby Atmos speaker array.
Wondering about the bass? The two built-in subwoofers in this bar reproduce the low frequencies, and a subwoofer output on the back panel means you can add your own powered sub if you want more. Or, use the SWK-W16 wireless adapter (sold separately) to connect any subwoofer to the YSP-5600 wirelessly.
Cutting edge multi-room music
If Yamaha had stopped with Atmos, I'm sure the movie buff inside us all would've been satisfied. But with built-in Wi-Fi®, the YSP-5600 offers something great for our inner music lover, too — Yamaha's new MusicCast multi-room audio system. MusicCast gives you a world of wireless music options at your fingertips. The sound bar also works together with other Yamaha MusicCast speakers and components so you can put together an easy-to-use whole-home music system.
MusicCast lets you choose how to listen
MusicCast gives you lots of music sources to choose from. Access your personal digital music library, Internet radio, and popular streaming services. There's support for Pandora® and SiriusXM. If you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you access all your favorite albums and playlists. MusicCast even supports high-resolution audio formats.
You can play the same song or music service in a room or group of rooms, while you play different music in other parts of the house. You can even send TV sound or another connected source from the YSP-5600 sound bar to other MusicCast systems. That's a cool feature if you need to leave the room, but still want to keep track of a game or show.
Built-in 2-way Bluetooth for even more freedom
Want to quickly play a song you found on YouTube™ or SoundCloud? Not a problem. Use Bluetooth to stream sound from your phone through the MusicCast system — no restrictions! You can also send audio from the YSP-5600 to other Bluetooth-enabled hardware. That means you can play MusicCast sound through portable speakers and wireless headphones.
A free app puts the control in your hand
Control all your MusicCast speakers and components with the free app for Apple® and Android™ smartphones or tablets. It lets you select rooms, browse music sources, and start and stop playback with an intuitive interface.
More MusicCast components to build a whole-home music system
- Yamaha's Digital Sound Projector technology delivers 7.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos
- built-in amplifiers: 2 watts x 44 (beam drivers), 20 watts x 2 (subwoofers)
- features 46 total built-in speakers:
- thirty-two 1-1/2" horizontal beam drivers
- twelve 1-1/8" vertical beam drivers
- two 4-1/2" cone subwoofers
- Yamaha IntelliBeam auto calibration system optimizes the sound bar for your room (setup microphone included)
- height channel sound beam can be adjusted to match the listening position
- Dolby Digital® and DTS® decoding, including Atmos
- next-generation DTS:X surround sound available via a future firmware update
- Cinema DSP modes add richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Dialogue Lift for clearer, louder dialogue on movies and shows
- sits on a TV stand or can be mounted on a wall (hardware not included)
- sits 8-3/8" tall when placed on a stand
MusicCast wireless multi-room music system:
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- also sends audio wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled speakers or headphones
- free MusicCast app lets you play music with your Apple or Android device
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- connects wirelessly to other Yamaha speakers and receivers with MusicCast to play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- built-in music enhancer for smoothing out the sound of over-compressed MP3 files
- Apple AirPlay® for streaming from compatible Apple devices and computers running iTunes®
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- supports 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz)
Connections and general info:
- HDMI switching: 4 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology for 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (HDMI input 1 and monitor output only)
- does not support HDR pass-through
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 1 coaxial
- analog stereo RCA inputs
- Ethernet port for network connection
- subwoofer output for adding your own powered subwoofer
- optional SWK-W16 kit can be attached to a subwoofer (not included) to connect it wirelessly
- wall-mountable with optional bracket (sold separately)
- remote control
- 43-5/16"W x 8-3/8"H x 4-7/8"D (with feet installed)
- weight: 25.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YSP-5600BL
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (FSR145)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 58" Optical digital cable
- IntelliBeam microphone
- Cardboard mic stand
- 2 Mounting feet
- 2 Screws (washers attached)
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide
- MusicCast Setup Guide
- "Yamaha Worldwide Representative Offices" sheet
- Online Product Registration Card
- Warranty sheet
- MusicCast App note
- Spotify Premium" offer
Yamaha YSP-5600 Digital Sound Projector reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Yamaha YSP-5600 Digital Sound Projector
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||7.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||Cineam DSP|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Output||Mono RCA|
|Woofer||4.5" Cone (2)|
|Subwoofer Driver||Not Given|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||128|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Voice Control||Alexa optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||via MusicCast|
|Files on Your Network||Yes|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11n|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||8-3/8H x 43-5/16W x 4-7/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||25.8 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Digital Sound Projector Technology: While many other soundbars offer only stereo audio or a "virtual surround" experience, the YSP-5600 soundbar speaker uses Yamaha exclusive Digital Sound Projector technology to produce sound beams that reflect off the walls & ceiling of your room to deliver a truer surround sound experience, and even supports Dolby Atmos & DTS:X (via future firmware update) for 7.1.2ch surround. The result is an amazingly expansive & immersive listening experience that brings your favorite movies, TV shows, and music to life.
- 44 Beam Drivers: Beautifully designed with 44 precisely calculated and positioned beam drivers (1.5" x 32 / 1.125" x 12), the YSP-5600 effectively creates 7-channel sound beams (front left/right, center, surround left/right, & height left/right). Using Yamaha Digital Sound Projector technology, each beam driver is controlled by individual delay times and is driven with its own independent amplifier circuit. These beams are projected onto the walls and ceiling, and reflected to the listening position.
- Height Channels: The height channels are created by placing 12 of the total 44 beam drivers in two six speaker arrays, one on each end of the YSP-5600 soundbar. For the maximum sound beam effect, these drivers are mounted on an angled baffle with sound beam vertical control. The height speakers create multi-dimensional sound by reflecting directed beams off the ceiling to the listening position. The result is realistic sound field reproduction with true height, as if real speakers were mounted on the ceiling. You get great sound without having to mount ceiling speakers or run speaker wire.
- Dual Subwoofers: Two powerful 4.5" subwoofers are built into the soundbar speaker to deliver deep and expansive bass for both movies and music. Each woofer is powered by its own discrete amplifier for tight, dynamic bass.
IntelliBeam Auto Sound Optimization: The YSP-5600 employs IntelliBeam automatic sound optimization using the supplied microphone for the best performance in your listening environment. IntelliBeam searches for the locations in your room where the sounds are properly reflected to the microphone and then performs adjustments to obtain the optimum balance of sound quality and volume, depending on the reflection locations. This also includes setting the position of sound beams directed at the ceiling. IntelliBeam will achieve highly accurate and impressive soundfield reproduction for almost any room. You can choose from 3 IntelliBeam modes to optimize the sound.
- Beam + Sound Optimization: Optimizes the beam angle, delay, volume, and quality so the parameters best match your listening environment (takes about 3 minutes).
- Beam Optimization: Optimizes the beam angle only (takes about 1 minute).
- Sound Optimization: Optimizes the beam delay, volume, and quality only (takes about 3 minutes).
Note: In addition to the auto setup, you can manually fine tune the beam outputs.
Playback Modes: Once you have completed the IntelliBeam setup, you can choose from a variety of Digital Projector playback modes.
- 3D Surround: In 3D Surround mode, surround sound can be heard in front of you, beside you, behind you, and above you. The YSP-5600 not only reflects its beam drivers off your side and rear wall, it also directs its height beam drivers upward and reflects them off the ceiling. Compared to conventional surround sound playback with only a horizontal plane, this gives your surround sound environment a greater sense of immersion and reality with up to 7.1.2 channels of discrete audio.
- Surround: In Surround mode, 5-channel sound beam drivers create a soundfield for surround sound playback for sound that is all around you; including in front of , beside, and behind you. The soundbar speaker's height channel beam drivers are not used.
- Stereo: In this mode, the soundbar speaker uses only the right front and left front channels for stereo playback; center, surround and height channels are not used. When multi-channel audio signals are input, they are down-mixed to two channels.
- Target: Target Playback mode outputs sound beams from a single channel for optimal listening from a specific seated location.
- My Surround: The MySurround mode creates rich surround sound effects in rooms with less than optimal surround sound conditions.
Immersive Surround Sound: In addition to popular Dolby Digital formats such as Dolby Digital EX / Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby TrueHD and DTS formats such as DTS-ES / DTS-HD Master Audio / DTS-HD High Resolution / DTS 96/24, the Yamaha YSP-5600 offers support of the newest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (via future firmware update) truly immersive discrete surround sound formats for breathtaking home theater experience.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with a thrilling & immersive surround sound experience. astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth.
- DTS:X (future firmware update required): DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space. DTS:X will be enabled through an online firmware update coming later this year.
Note: To enjoy Dolby Atmos you most connect your Blu-ray player's HDMI output directly to the HDMI input on the soundbar, because your TV's HDMI ARC jack will not support Dolby Atmos.
CINEMA DSP 3D: CINEMA DSP technology creates thrillingly realistic soundscapes in any room. Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS Digital Surround decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha CINEMA DSP Digital is much more advanced; actually creating independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music, and effects located in separate soundfields, you will hear sound with directionality, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and presence. The CINEMA DSP 3D Mode adds an expansive height direction to the soundfield, creating an even more immersive sound space. The YSP-5600 supports this feature by using special array speakers to create vertical beams. You can enjoy the feeling of a live performance with standard sound formats, and combine this effect with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X to enjoy a more natural expansion of the 3D surround sound. You can choose from Cinema DSP Movie, Music, and Entertainment modes.
- Movie Soundfields: Spectacle, Sci-Fi, & Adventure
- Entertainment Soundfields: Sports, Talk Show, Drama, & Game
- Music Soundfields: Music Video, Concert, & Jazz Club
Audio Technologies: The YSP-5600 soundbar utilizes four of Yamaha's audio technologies (Clear Voice, Dialog Lift, Compressed Music Enhancer, & Adaptive DRC) for a better listening experience when watching movies or listening to your digital music files.
- Clear Voice: Human voices, such as dialog in TV shows and movies, news, and sports commentary are played back with extra clarity. This technology enhances the acoustic characteristics of speech and increases the perceived volume level, while still maintaining the quality of the soundtrack's background sound & effects.
- Dialog Lift: With many soundbars positioned below the TV, dialog and vocals can often seem misplaced relevant to the people talking onscreen. To correct this problem, the YSP-5600 has a Dialog Lift function (adjustable in three steps) that raises the reflecting beams from the array speakers to the proper height for accurate onscreen dialogue. Enjoy sounds and images that are perfectly aligned, just as in a movie theater.
- Compressed Music Enhancer: This technology enhances and extends bass & treble, which tend to be weak in digitally compressed music formats such a MP3, WMA, and AAC. The Compressed Music Enhancer makes your compressed audio sound more musically dynamic and rich.
- Adaptive DRC: Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) adjusts the dynamic range in relation to the volume, useful at low volume.
HDMI 2.0: The Yamaha YSP-5600 is fitted with four HDMI 2.0 inputs and one ARC-enabled HDMI 2.0 output. The HDMI jacks support the latest HDMI 2.0 standards.
- 4K/60Hz + HDCP 2.2: Thanks to transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second, you can fully enjoy the high definition video quality of without degradation. HDMI Input 1 and the HDMI output also adheres to the HDCP 2.2 copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- Multi-Channel Audio: The YSP-5600's HDMI jacks support 2ch linear PCM (up to 192kHz/24-bit) & 7.1ch linear PCM (up to 192kHz/24-bit). The following Dolby Digital formats are supported - Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital EX, & Dolby TrueHD. The following DTS formats are supported - DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS ES, & DST 96/24. Dolby Atmos & DTS:X (requires firmware update) is also supported.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar speaker through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- 3D-Ready: The soundbar speaker's HDMI jacks will accept 3D video from your 3D Blu-ray player and output the video signal in 3D to your 3D-ready HDTV.
- Deep/x.v.Color: The Yamaha soundbar also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- Auto Lip-Sync: The soundbar automatically adjusts the delay in output timing between video signals and audio signals so they match when you are watching a movie. You can also manually adjust the audio delay between 0 to 500 ms.
- Because with many televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the Yamaha soundbar directly; and then connect the YSP-5600's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
- The soundbar does not offer HDR pass-through. If you have a HDMI source device with HDR capability, you will need to connect it directly to your TV. Audio from the HDR source device will be sent back out to the soundbar via HDMI ARC at only 2ch PCM for many TVs (you will lose Dolby Atmos support and may also lose Dolby Digital/DTS capability).
Analog + Digital Audio Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the YSP-5600 soundbar is equipped with one analog stereo RCA input, one coaxial digital input, and two optical (toslink) digital inputs. The digital inputs support Dolby Digital, DTS, and 2ch PCM up to 96kHz/24-bit).
Note: The digital output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Subwoofer Output & Optional Wireless Subwoofer Kit: The YSP-5600's subwoofer output lets you connect a powered subwoofer for added bass. Yamaha's optional SWK-W16 kit (022SWKW16, sold separately) can be used to wirelessly connect a powered sub to the YSP-5600. You won't need to use any connecting wires between the soundbar speaker and the subwoofer.
Audio Adjustments: The Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar offers a variety of audio settings to match the speaker to your application.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust Bass & Treble output levels for each source input.
- Dynamic Range: Adjusts the soundbar's dynamic range (difference between maximum and minimum volume levels). Select Auto (automatically sets dynamic range for comfortable listening at low volumes), Standard (dynamic range recommended for regular volume level), or Max (output sound without adjusting the dynamic range of the input signal).
- Channel Level: You can adjust the output level of each channel (Front Right/Left, Front Height Right/Left, Center, Surround Right/Left, Right/Left, and Subwoofer) on the soundbar speaker to balance output levels. Adjustable range is -10 to +10.
- Volume Trim: You are able to adjust the input level of each input jack to compensate for variations in volume. Adjustable from -12 to +12.
- Turn On Volume: The system's volume can be set to come on at a preset level (1-99) when power is turned on.
- Max Volume: You can set the speaker's maximum volume output level to 1 through 99.
- Subwoofer Volume You can adjust the soundbar's built-in subwoofer volume level independently from the speaker's overall volume.
MusicCast: The Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar is part of Yamaha's MusicCast multiroom audio eco-system. MusicCast from Yamaha, brings music to every room in your home wirelessly with control provided by a free app on your Apple iOS or Android device. Designed to easily work with your existing home WiFi network, MusicCast offers access to a huge range of audio content. This content includes select online music services, Internet radio, digital music libraries, and Bluetooth audio; as well as connected external sources such as TVs, cable/satellite boxes, Blu-ray/DVD Disc players, and CD/SACD players. MusicCast can even select terrestrial AM/FM radio stations for playback throughout the home when linked to a tuner-enabled MusicCast device (like an AV receiver). MusicCast is enabled on many 2015-up Yamaha components like this soundbar speaker, plus their AV receivers, wireless speakers, and other HiFi components.
Note: Yamaha's new MusicCast system is not compatible with Yamaha's old MusicCAST system.
Firmware Update: The YSP-5600 soundbar may require a firmware update in order to use the MusicCast feature.
Multiroom Audio: Start with the Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar in your living room or bedroom and add other MusicCast products from Yamaha (like wireless speakers, AV receiver, and HiFi systems ) over time to create a multiroom audio, whole-house experience. Up to 10 MusicCast devices can be connected.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Yamaha MusicCast YSP-5600 soundbar supports both WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz) and wired Ethernet (RJ-45) connections, so you can choose to build a wireless or wired network, or a combination of both if desired. Network setup is completed through the free MusicCast app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: If you want to install a MusicCast device to a location that is out of range of your wireless router, connect another MusicCast device to the router with a network cable to extend the range ("Extend Mode").
MusicCast App: The free MusicCast app can be downloaded for Apple (iOS 7.1+) iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android (OS4.1+) smartphones/tablets. The MusicCast app puts control of your whole home listening experience in the palm of your hand from your Apple iOS or Android device. You'll be able to quickly select the room or rooms you want to listen to music in, select the source or sources you want to listen to, browse music content from your music library and online music services or Internet Radio, plus control music playback functions.
- Rooms: Choose which room or rooms you want to listen to music in. You can select a different source for each room, group certain rooms together for playback of the same source, or link all rooms together so the same source is played back throughout the house.
- Source Selection: From the app you can select which source or sources you want to listen to; choose from network-connected devices, select online music services, Internet Radio or Bluetooth for the YSP-5600. You can also select from the soundbar speaker's HDMI, digital and analog inputs, plus TV audio.
- Music Browsing: You can browse music libraries from your network-connected devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop. You can also browse music content from select online music services and search Internet Radio stations from the MusicCast app.
- Playback & Song/Artist Info: From the MusicCast app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device you get Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track; as well as song/artist information and album art.
- Favorites: Internet radio stations, content from select online music services, plus playlists and songs from your network-connected device's music library can be saved as "Favorites" for quick recall within the MusicCast app.
- Sound Settings: From the MusicCast app you can select between CINEMA DSP modes, activate Clear Voice & Dialog Lift, as well as turn on the Compressed Music Enhancer & Adaptive DRC.
- Personalization & Customization: With the app's unique personalization features, you can choose from preloaded room images or change the color of buttons to represent each room in the home, or even take pictures of their own home and assign the images to each button. The content source buttons can also be customized to rename, remove or reorder selections for easier operation.
High Resolution Audio: The Yamaha YSP-5600 supports true high-resolution audio formats to deliver more accurate reproduction of sonic details. The soundbar speaker system is compatible with Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96kHz/24-bit, as well as FLAC and WAV music files up to 192kHz/24-bit. It also supports lower resolution music files like MP3, WMA, and AAC up to 48kHz.
|File||Sampling Frequency||Bit-rate or Bit-depth||Gapless Playback|
|MP3||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|WMA||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|AAC||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|WAV (PCM)||32-192 kHz||16/24-bit||Y|
Note: When multiple MusicCast devices are "linked" for multiroom audio playback, the Master room device's playback is at the native sampling rate (up to 192kHz/24-bit), while the other rooms and MusicCast devices down-converted to 48kHz.
Streaming Music Partners: MusicCast includes Pandora, Spotify Connect, Napster, and SiriusXM Internet Radio streaming services, as well as thousands of free local and international Internet radio stations from vTuner. TIDAL and Deezer will be available through a firmware update available in late spring of 2017.
|Pandora||Pandora is personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can create up to 100 stations and easily switch between your favorites.|
|Spotify Connect||With the Spotify app (premium account required) on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those same songs from your smartphone to the Yamaha AV receiver by using Spotify Connect; simply hit play on the app to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening to Spotify on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately begins to stream to the system for uninterrupted music enjoyment. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
| TIDAL |
(requires firmware update)
|Tidal is accessible through the Yamaha MusicCast app for Apple iOS & Android. TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.|
(requires firmware update)
|Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.|
|Napster||Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.|
|vTuner||You can also listen to Internet radio stations using the vTuner Internet Radio Station database service particularly customized for this unit, providing a database of numerous radio stations around the world. You can search for Internet Radio stations by Location, Genre, New, Popular, or Podcast.|
Bluetooth Audio: The Yamaha MusicCast YSP-5600 offers built-in Bluetooth (v.2.1+EDR) for wireless music streaming & control. This allows you to stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the soundbar speaker. The speaker can be paired with up to 20 device, but only one can be actively connected.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the YSP-5600 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the soundbar offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Linked Playback Mode: With Linked Playback Mode, music streamed via Bluetooth to one MusicCast device can then be wirelessly streamed to multiple MusicCast devices for multiroom audio. Bluetooth is limited to the SBC codec during Linked Playback mode.
- Bluetooth Output: The Bluetooth Output feature allows you to wirelessly stream audio from a non-Bluetooth source of a MusicCast device to another Bluetooth speaker or headphones (regardless of manufacture), making it even more convenient to add the MusicCast eco-system to your existing audio gear. Bluetooth is limited to the SBC codec during "Bluetooth Output" Playback mode.
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the Yamaha MusicCast YSP-5600 speaker, over your home's WiFi network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music and music apps on your device to the Yamaha MusicCast speaker. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the MusicCast speaker.
Note: AirPlay is not available for multiroom audio playback.
DLNA: The MusicCast YSP-5600 speaker supports DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5, allowing access to DLNA-compatible Windows 7/8 computers (with Windows Media Player 11 or 12) and network attached storage (NAS) devices. You'll be able to wirelessly stream the music libraries on your computer, laptop, or NAS to the Yamaha MusicCast speaker system.
Note: Digital Rights Management (DRM) content cannot be played back.
Home Theater Controller App: Download Yamaha's free Home Theater Controller app for Apple iOS (5.1.1+) or Android (2.3.3+) to easily perform a variety of functions from your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphone/tablet. Basic functions include Input Selection and Volume Up/Down. Advanced functions include selecting Cinema DSP modes, Clear Voice, or the Enhance Music Enhancer for the best listening experience. Your Apple iOS or Android device and the YSP-5600 soundbar must be connected to the same WiFi network.
IR Remote Control: The Yamaha YSP-5600 includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system. The soundbar speaker is 8.375" tall and may block part of your TV causing issues with your TV receiving IR commands from the remote. The YSP-5600 also has an IR input (3.5mm) and pass-through output (3.5mm) for use with third-party control systems.
HDMI Control: You can also use your TV's remote control to operate this system, if your television supports the HDMI control function and is connected to the soundbar's HDMI output. The soundbar speaker will automatically select the input according to the input source setting on your TV. You will also be able to turn on/off the soundbar with your television.
RS-232C Port: Thanks to its RS-232C port, it is certified for use with Control4 home automation and smart home systems for network-based control.
OSD (On-Screen Display) & Hidden Indicators: A convenient on-screen display provides menu setup and audio adjustments on your HDMI-connected television. The front-panel and the indicator section are covered by a mesh grille achieving a simple, elegant look. In addition, the indicator section lights only when needed, to avoid any distraction while viewing.
Alexa Compatible (Firmware Update Required): Alexa-enabled devices (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show) will soon be able to control key functions of a MusicCast system using voice commands. A firmware update (available sometime in October), will be available for download that allows key functions of MusicCast products to be controlled using your voice through Alexa-enabled devices (sold separately).
- Alexa Skill: The MusicCast skill for Alexa will allow you to power MusicCast products on and off, control basic playback functions, make selections from a playlist of favorite music, adjust the volume, and use the Link function for playback of multiple MusicCast products simultaneously.
- Echo Source Input: In addition or alternatively, an Echo device can be used as a music/audio source for a MusicCast system. All MusicCast devices offer a Bluetooth input. Just pair your Echo, Echo Dot or Echo Show with any MusicCast wireless speaker, sound bar or AV receiver and the sound will play from the MusicCast device. Using the MusicCast app, you can then select the Bluetooth input and link multiple MusicCast devices for playback, allowing you to hear it throughout your home. Many MusicCast products also offer inputs which can be connected to Echo Dot via its line output, if a wired connection is preferred over Bluetooth. This requires using an optional analog audio cable (sold separately). Using the MusicCast app, you can select the wired input and link multiple MusicCast devices for playback, allowing you to hear sound from Echo Dot throughout your home.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate certain functions of your MusicCast products via voice-command. The MusicCast components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Auto Standby & Sleep Timer: The soundbar speaker will automatically enter standby mode after approximately 20 minutes of no audio playback and no operation. You can set the unit's Sleep Timer to 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes from the app on your compatible mobile device.
Firmware Updates: New firmware updates that provide additional features or product improvements will be released by Yamaha in the future. If the soundbar speaker is connected to the Internet, you can download the firmware via the network and update it. If the soundbar is not connected to the Internet, you can download the latest firmware update from the Yamaha Website to a USB thumbdrive, which can then be used to update the speaker's firmware.
Mounting Options: The YSP-5600 can be placed on TV furniture using the included feet or it can be wall-mounted using an optional bracket (sold separately).
- Table Top: The YSP-5600 soundbar speaker sits in front of your TV on a flat-surface. The speaker can be table-top mounted with or without the mounting feet. The soundbar speaker is 8.375" tall and may block part of your TV causing issues with viewing the bottom part of the TV screen and your TV receiving IR commands from the included remote.
- Optional Wall-Mount Bracket: The Yamaha YSP-5600 soundbar can also be wall-mounted using Yamaha's optional wall-mount bracket (022SPMK30, sold separately).
Soundbar Position: The YSP-5600 reflects sound beams off of wall and a ceiling to create the surround sound effect. The placement and position of this soundbar speaker to the listening position, wall, and a ceiling is important to achieving the desired surround sound effects. Following these guidelines for ideal placement & sound.
- Install the soundbar speaker in the center of left and right walls. Be sure the speaker is installed with at least 1.9375" of empty space above and below it, leaving as much space as possible in a diagonal direction in front of and above the speaker.
- The listening position should be located at the front of the soundbar speaker. The distance between the listening position and the speaker should be more than 5.9375'. Your listening position should be as far from the back wall as possible (the optimal listening position is halfway between the speaker and the back wall, or slightly closer to the back wall.
- Be sure that obstacles such as furniture will not obstruct the path of the sound beams, in order to achieve desired surround sound effects.
Note: Some rooms will not allow for ideal placement. In this case you can calibrate the system within the soundbar's on-screen menu.
19 questions already asked