About the Blaupunkt Brisbane 230
You're done with lugging around CDs, and you need a way to play your music in your car — Blaupunkt designed the Brisbane 230 digital media receiver as an affordable solution, offering a variety of ways to connect your music. The built-in Bluetooth® also lets you enjoy hands-free calling and wireless streaming audio. You can still kick it old school by listening to radio broadcasts using the built-in AM/FM tuner..
Your music options
You may know that Bluetooth lets you talk hands-free in your car, but it also allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Android® users can listen and control Pandora® Internet Radio stations via Bluetooth, as well as play the music you've stored on your phone. You iPhone® users can also enjoy Pandora and songs you've imported by using the front-panel USB input.
The Brisbane's USB input also lets you play your MP3 and WMA music stored on a thumb drive or your iPod. Got more music on an SD card? No problem, you can slide your card in the Brisbane's SD slot behind the faceplate. You can also plug in your portable audio device, like a high-res digital music player, using the receiver's front aux input.
Simply great sound
With three EQ presets, you can tailor the sound to your preferences, and this Blaupunkt's beefy 22 watts per channel will make your speakers sound more dynamic. The built-in X-Bass gives your music a boost for more impact. You'll find the five RCA preamp outputs convenient for hooking up additional amps and a powered subwoofer.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM RDS tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Bluetooth microphone built into faceplate; receiver includes input for external mic (sold separately)
- detachable face with single-line display
- USB port and SD slot compatible with MP3 and WMA audio files
- remote control
- built-in iPod and iPhone control
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- three EQ presets
- X-bass bass boost
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input, SD card slot (behind faceplate)
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BPBRIS230BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Face (inside case)
- Faceplate case
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Radio removal keys
- Operating Instructions
Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Blaupunkt Brisbane 230
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red/Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
iPhone & Android Integration
AM/FM + Pandora Radio
Display & Remote Features
Bluetooth Technology: The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.0) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Brisbane 230.
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the Blaupunkt digital media receiver. You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth-enabled devices, but only one can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth-enabled iPhone, Android smartphone, or other Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. You'll be able to answer incoming calls, as well as dial outgoing calls.
- Answer/End Incoming Call: When there is an incoming call, the current audio source is muted and a ring tone is played via the loudspeakers of the car sound system. The head unit's display will indicate "INCOMING CALL" and the phone number of the caller. If the phone number is one of your phone book contacts, then the unit will also display the caller's name. "PRIVATE NUMBER" is displayed when there is no caller information transmitted. You can answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You'll be able to speak into the head unit's integrated mic on the front-panel (or optional external mic) during your phone conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Dialing Outgoing Call: You can manually enter a phone number, up to 20 digits, using the unit's front-panel controls. The head unit also allows you to access your Bluetooth-enabled phone's phone book contacts (up to 1,000 entries) for easy access. You can even choose to store five phone numbers as presets for speedier dialing. In addition, you can speak a contact's name into the integrated mic for voice dialing. You can also quickly call the last number dialed.
Note: An optional microphone (023TRN420M, sold separately) is available for improved audio quality versus the integrated mic, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 allows you to wirelessly play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled devices using a Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP connection. You can control basic playback functions of your music on your Bluetooth-enabled device from the Toronto 420BT's front-panel. Playback functions include Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
Note: This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices, instead it will display "BT STREAM".
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your iPod/iPhone to the head unit, via the Lightning or 30-pin dock connector cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone. The Brisbane 230 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible iPod/iPhone.
- Music Playback: The Blaupunkt head unit supports audio playback of stored music and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter.
- iPod Control: You can use the head unit's front-panel controls to search your iPod/iPhone's stored music library by Artist, Album, Playlist, or Genre. Many iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection (Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked).
- Song/Artist Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 6/2/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora App||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Blaupunkt Player App (for Android): The Blaupunkt Player app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Blaupunkt digital media receiver. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS Froyo or Gingerbread (OS 2.2). Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored MP3/WMA music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Blaupunkt digital media receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Blaupunkt Player app offers music browsing by song title/artist name/album title, as well as displays song/artist information.
AM/FM Tuner: The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner offering manual, seek/scan, & preset tuning. The built-in tuner provides 2 FM banks and 1 AM banks. You can store 5 radio stations in each bank, giving you 10 FM and 5 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically. The presets are saved permanently even after battery disconnect. The Scan function will play the first 4/8/12/16 seconds of each station or preset station, until you find a station you like.
Note: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing. The head unit is set to European tuning out of the box.
Pandora App (for iPhone & Android: The free Pandora App (either from Apple's App Store or The Google Play Store lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone. The Brisbane 230 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z).You can even shuffle songs from different stations in your list. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
USB Port: The Brisbane 230 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port which enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback & control of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a compatible USB MSC device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
SD Card Slot: The head unit also features an SD-card slot located behind its detachable front-panel. The The SD-card slot supports SD and SDHC memory cards with MP3/WMA music files. The unit's face-plate must be detached to insert or eject an SD/SDHC memory card.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Blaupunkt digital media receiver supports the following types of MP3 and WMA music files recorded onto loaded onto a USB mass storage class device or SD/SDHC memory card.
|Media Type||USB Storage Device||SD/SDHC Card|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3: bit
rate of 32-320 kbps |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||20,000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1/2), WMA tag|
Folder/File Select: This function allows you to select a folder containing MP3/WMA files and start playing from the desired track in that particular folder.
Playback Functions: The digital media receiver provides Repeat, Random, & Scan playback functions.
- Scan Play: This function allows you to locate and play the first 4/8/12/16/60 seconds of the first track of all the folders on a SD-card or USB device.
- Repeat Play: This function allows you to play the current track on a SD-card or USB device repeatedly or play a file currently being played in a MP3/WMA folder on a SD/USB repeatedly.
- Random Play: This function allows you to play all tracks recorded on a SD/USB or particular folder of a SD/USB in a random order.
Auxiliary Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
22 Watt x 4 Channel Amp: The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 is equipped with a 22 watt RMS x 4 channel amplifier (50 watts Peak x 4 channels).
5ch/4V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 features a pair of fading front- and rear-channel preamp outputs, as well as a mono-subwoofer preamp output (all rated at 4-volts).
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-50) every time you power up the radio.
EQ Presets: Four EQ sound presets (Classic, Pop, Rock, Off/Flat) allow you to easily recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music.
Tone Controls: The head unit offers also offers independent Bass & Treble control (+/-7dB); along with Balance (L9-R9) & Fader (R9-F9) adjustment.
X-BASS: The X-BASS feature increases the amount of bass at low volumes levels.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation.
Detachable Face Security: This unit features detachable face security. A hard plastic face case is included. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Single-Line Display: The single-line, 9-digit LCD (with black background and white characters) on the Brisbane 230 allows numbers and characters to be displayed clearly in almost any lighting condition.
- 12/24-Hour Clock: The in-dash head unit offers a switchable 12- or 24-hour clock display. You can set the unit's clock to display even when the head unit is turned off (key still in accessory position) or have it turn off with the head unit.
- Illumination Dimmer: The digital media receiver's display automatically dims to a preset brightness when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. You can adjust the brightness (1-16) for the Daytime and Nighttime preset. The wiring harness includes an orange lead that should be connected to the vehicle's parking light circuit in order for the dimmer feature to operate.
Note: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
IR Remote: The Brisbane 230 comes supplied with an 18-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the digital media receiver. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 Lithium cell 3V battery (already installed).
The Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 replaces these items
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- USB port and SD slot compatible with MP3 and WMA audio files
- Pandora control with iPhone
- MP3 and WMA playback on SD cards or USB input (no CD player)
- Bluetooth and iPod ready
- front and rear auxiliary inputs
7 questions already asked