About the Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT
Bluetooth® improves your drive time
Bluetooth® improves your drive time
Blaupunkt's Helsinki 220 BT CD receiver is a winning proposition when it comes to replacing your old radio. You'll enjoy the benefits of hands-free calling as you keep your attention on the road, while wireless audio streaming means you won't have to plug in whenever you want to listen to your music. And one look at the no-nonsense control panel will tell you that this striking receiver was built for ease of use, so you can keep your eyes on the road ahead.
CD playback, USB and aux inputs
You can play your favorite CDs in the Helsinki, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files. You can plug almost any audio source into the front-panel auxiliary input, including a satellite radio. You can use the front USB port for a compatible Android phone or a thumb drive loaded with MP3 or WMA files.
Solid audio performance
The Helsinki sets a high bar for audio performance too. Inside, a powerful built-in amp will bring new impact to your tunes, complemented by tone controls to shape the sound. Four preset tone control settings make it easy to switch the tone to match your music.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- detachable face
- remote control
- XBass bass boost
- bass and treble controls with 4 presets
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs (no iPod compatibility)
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2-volt rear)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BPHSI220BTW
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse installed)
- Trim-ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Preamp-output harness
- Remote (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Operating/Installation Instructions
- Warranty Card
Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red/Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth Technology: The Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.0+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Helsinki 220 BT.
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the Blaupunkt CD receiver. You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth-enabled devices, but only one can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Blaupunkt Helsinki 220BT allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth-enabled iPhone, Android smartphone, or other Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. You'll be able to answer incoming calls, as well as dial outgoing calls.
- Answer/End Incoming Call: When there is an incoming call, the current audio source is muted and a ring tone is played via the loudspeakers of the car sound system. The head unit's display will indicated "IN CALL" and the phone number of the caller. You can answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You'll be able to speak into the head unit's integrated mic on the front-panel during your phone conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Dialing Outgoing Call: You can manually enter a phone number up to 20 digits using the unit's front-panel controls. You can also choose to store five phone numbers as presets for speedier dialing. In addition, you can speak a contact's name into the integrated mic for voice dialing.
Note: This unit does not provide an external microphone option and does not offer phonebook transfer.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Blaupunkt Helsinki 220BT allows you to wirelessly play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled devices using a Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP connection. You can control basic playback functions of your music on your Bluetooth-enabled device from the Helsinki 220BT's front-panel. Playback functions include Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
Note: This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices, instead it will display "BT STREAMING".
Disc Compatibility: The Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Helsinki 220 BT features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback & control of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a compatible USB MSC device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Blaupunkt CD receiver supports the following types of MP3 and WMA music files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 32-320 kbps |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||N/A||20,000 total files|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1/2), WMA tag|
Folder Select: This function allows you to select a folder containing MP3/WMA files and start playing from the first track in the folder.
Playback Functions: The Helsinki 220 BT provides Repeat, Random, & Scan playback functions.
- Scan Play: This function allows you to locate and play the first 5/10/15/20/25/30 seconds of all the tracks recorded on a CD; or the first 5/10/15/20/25/30 seconds of the first track of all the folders on a MP3/WMA disc or USB device.
- Repeat Play: This function allows you to play the current track on a disc or USB device repeatedly or play a file currently being played in a MP3/WMA folder on a disc/USB repeatedly.
- Random Play: This function allows you to play all tracks recorded on a disc/USB or particular folder of a Disc/USB in a random order.
Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. If the ejected disc is not removed within 10 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust.
Mounting: For proper CD playback you must install the unit within 30° of horizontal.
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output (great for those non-Apple/Android devices. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
AM/FM Tuner: The Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner offering manual, seek/scan, & preset tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks. You can store 5 radio stations in each bank, giving you 15 FM and 10 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically.
- Scanning Station: The Scan function will play the first 5/10/15/20/25/30 seconds of each station, until you find a station you like.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing. The head unit is set to European tuning out of the box.
20 Watt x 4 Channel Amp: The Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT is equipped with a 20 watt RMS x 4 channel amplifier (45 watts Peak x 4 channels).
2ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT features a set of 2.0-volt preamp outputs.
Audio Settings: The head unit offers independent Bass (+/-7dB) & Treble (+/-7dB) control; along with Balance (L9-R9) & Fader (R9-F9) adjustment. Four sound presets (Classic, Pop, Rock, Off/Flat) allow you to easily recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. You can increase bass output at low volume using the head unit's X-BASS feature.
Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-50) every time you power up the radio.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned on or off).
Detachable Face Security: This unit features detachable face security (no face case included). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Single-Line Display: The single-line, 15-digit LCD (with black background and white characters) on the Helsinki 220 BT allows numbers and characters to be displayed clearly in almost any lighting condition.
Illumination Dimmer: The CD receiver's display automatically dims to a preset brightness when the vehicle's headlights are turned on. You can also manually adjust the brightness level. The wiring harness includes an orange lead that should be connected to the vehicle's parking light circuit in order for the dimmer feature to operate.
12/24-Hour Clock: The in-dash head unit offers a switchable 12- or 24-hour clock display. You can set the unit's clock to display even when the head unit is turned off (key still in accessory position) or have it turn off with the head unit.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
IR Remote: The Helsinki 220 BT comes supplied with an 8-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the CD receiver. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 Lithium cell 3V battery (already installed).
5 questions already asked