About the Blaupunkt New Orleans
Give your home-recorded MiniDiscs the royal treatment with Blaupunkt's New Orleans. This top-of-the-line MD receiver will pamper you with tasteful styling and rich digital sound. And if you're a "radiophile," you'll love the award-winning DigiCeiver tuner's exceptional FM and AM performance.
A three-band digital EQ serves up the perfect sonic mix, whether you prefer your music spicier than Louisiana gumbo, or smoother than Bourbon Street jazz. You can even change the bandwidth of the selected low, mid, and high frequencies to increase or decrease punchiness.
Navigate through on-screen menus the "Big Easy" way, thanks to an oversized display and flexible, multi-function "softkeys." You can decode embedded MD Text, or give your MiniDiscs a special on-road name. The level of system control is impressive you get adjustable display angle, 9 "beep" levels, adjustable scan time, and adjustable max turn-on volume, to name just a few.
For even more digital delight, bring along your CDs and load 'em into an optional Blaupunkt CD changer (the 10-disc CDC-A08). Add one to your receiver order, you'll save $$ with Crutchfield's package discount.
Optional "Thummer III" wireless steering wheel remote available.Details:
- fold-down face
- KeyCard security
- DigiCeiver tuner
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- seek tuning
- station scan
- SHARX digital reception enhancement
- two sets of preamp outputs
- mono subwoofer output
- 3-band digital parametric EQ
- 10-second anti-shock memory
- MD Text capability
- CD changer controls
- CD disc naming with compatible changer
- track program memory
- optional "Thummer III" steering wheel remote
- 25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- MD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- MD signal-to-noise ratio 92 dB
- FM sensitivity 7.8 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/MD/Changer Controller receiver with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- 2 KeyCards
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- 4 Channel preamp output adapter (0232NDPRE)
- 2 DIN radio removal tools
- Plastic bumper
- Bumper extension
- European to Motorola antenna adapter
- Antenna adapter clip
- Operating and Installation Instructions
- Car Radio Passport
- Two 2-7/8" x 2-1/8" KeyCard Security System window stickers
- One 3-1/8" x 1-1/2" Blaupunkt bumper sticker
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Blaupunkt New Orleans
Display/Button Illumination: The display is illuminated in blue. The small dots around the face of the rotary dial and the power button are backlit with blue illumination. The rest of the buttons are backlit with red illumination.
Spectrometer: When turned on, a five segment level meter shows a graphic representation of the audio signal level. When making equalizer adjustments, the spectrometer gives a graphic representations of the adjustment being made.
KeyCard Security System: This unit uses Blaupunkt's exclusive KeyCard Security System. A KeyCard is a credit card-sized card with an embedded microchip. This card serves as a theft protection system (the unit will not operate without it) and has a personal memory bank for the FM1 and AM presets; bass, treble, balance, fader and other settings. Each of the two supplied cards can store different personal settings. A maximum of two cards can be used with this unit. If one card is lost, a second may be purchased from Blaupunkt. The new card can be "trained" by transferring the information from the remaining KeyCard. If both cards are lost, you must call Blaupunkt at 1-800-920-2121 to replace the cards.
Anti-Shock Memory: This unit is equipped with 10-second anti-shock memory for skip-free play even when unit is jarred continuously for up to 10-seconds.
Tuner: This receiver features the Blaupunkt exclusive DigiCeiver Codem D all-digital tuner.
DigiCeiver Technology: As a result of advanced high-integration strategies, the complete functionality of a car radio has been reduced to a two-chip set (an analog tuner IC and a digital radio IC). The digital IC performs the following functions: A/D conversion at the IF-level (intermediate frequency level), IF filtering, AM/FM demodulation, stereo and RDS decoding, RDS error correction, tone control (bass, treble, loudness, EQ), D/A conversion at audio frequencies, and volume control. The digital chip contains additional inputs for analog (AUX input) and digital sources (MD/CD changer). Compared to conventional Blaupunkt receivers, the number of components required to perform the functions listed above has been reduced by 200.
Parametric EQ: In addition to the bass and treble controls, this unit is equipped with a 3-band parametric EQ. The first filter (LOW EQ) can be adjusted from 32 to 200Hz, the second filter (MID EQ) can be adjusted from 250 to 1,600HZ, and the third filter (High EQ) can be adjusted from 2,000 to 12,500Hz. One frequency in each of the three filters can be emphasized or reduced with a gain of +8dB to -8dB in 1dB increments. For each filter, the Q factor (slope of the boost or cut) may be selected from one of the following three options: Q-Factor 1 (wide/least steep), Q-Factor 2, or Q-Factor 3 (narrow/steep). Selecting a narrow (steep) Q factor results in frequencies around the center frequency being affected less by the boost or cut than they are with a wide Q factor.
Sound Presets: This unit has ROCK, DISCO, JAZZ, CLASSIC, and VOCAL sound presets.
Aux Input "Ready": An optional aux input harness may be purchased and connected to this unit (as long as a CD changer is not connected) to provide input for a portable cassette or MD player. The input on the optional harness is a male 3.5mm stereo mini-jack. When a CD changer is connected to the head unit, there is no place to connect the AUX input adapter, so CD changer use prevents access to the AUX input feature.
Ignition-Off Turn On With 1-Hour Shut Off: The unit may be turned on while the ignition is off (no power supplied to the accessory 12V wire), then, after an hour of playback, the unit automatically shuts off to prevent the battery from going dead.
Track Program Memory: Up to 40 tracks can be programmed for each of up to 30 MDs played inside this unit. Up to 40 tracks can be programmed for each of up to 30 CDs played inside a compatible CD changer.
MD Text/CD Naming: This unit will display MD Text for MDs encoded with MD Text. When a compatible CD changer is connected, up to 99 CDs may be named with up to eight characters per name.
Compatible With Optional Thummer III Remote: This unit is equipped with an input that will accept the connector from the Thummer III Steering Wheel Remote Control's receiving "eye".
Cellular Mute Wire: This wire may be connected to the muting output wire found on some cell phones. When this wire has been connected to an appropriate cell phone muting output and the cell phone rings, this wire receives a signal and automatically mutes the head unit's output.
SHARX Adaptive IF Switching: The SHARX feature may be turned on or off. When turned on, the SHARX feature changes the IF (intermediate frequency) bandwidth to eliminate most, if not all, interference caused by strong adjacent radio stations.
RDS (Radio Data System): This unit supports the following RDS functions:
- TA (Tuner Alternative): Makes sure that the strongest frequency of the currently selected program is always tuned in automatically. Note that this requires a radio network, which is extremely rare in the US.
- PTY (Program Type): Allows you to select RDS stations based on their program type. You can scan stations based on their program type.
Menu System: The menu system allows you to customize the unit's settings. You may access the menu system by pressing the MENU button. The menu system options are as follows:
- ANGLE: Allows you to adjust the display reading angle from -9 to +9.
- DIM DAY: Allows you to adjust the brightness of the display from 1 to 9.
- DIM NIGHT: Night display is activated when you turn your vehicle's headlights on. You can adjust the night display brightness from 1 to 9. Note: For this feature to work, the unit's illumination wire must be connected to your vehicle's dash lights wire.
- ON VOL: This feature allows you to set the default turn-on volume. The turn-on volume level can be set to LAST VOL or from 1 to 66. When you choose LAST VOL, whatever volume was in use before the head unit last turned off will be activated again when the head unit is switched on.
- PEAK ON/OFF: Allows you to turn the spectrometer On or Off.
- SHARX: Appears in menu only when the tuner is being used. Allows you to select NO SHARX (off) or SHARX ON (on).
- HICUT: Allows you to reduce interference during poor radio reception by reducing high frequency response. You can choose HICUT 1, HICUT 2, HICUT 3, or NO HICUT.
- FM SENS: Allows you to adjust the FM sensitivity from 1 to 6.
- STEREO/MONO: Switches between stereo and mono FM reception modes.
- DELAY: Switch-on delay allows you to select a switch-on delay time for amplifiers connected to this unit's preamp outputs. The switch-on delay can be set from 1 second to 4 seconds.
- CLOCK SET: Allows you to set the clock.
- CLK MAN/CLK AUTO: When set to CLK AUTO and an RDS station with a CT (clock time) signal is received, the clock is set automatically. When set to CLK MAN, automatic adjustment for daylight savings time is turned off.
- 24H MODE/12H MODE: Switches between 12 hour and 24 hour clock display modes.
- CLK ON/CLK OFF: Allows you to select CLK ON or CLK OFF. When set to CLK ON, the clock display will appear when the ignition is on, but the stereo is off.
- BEEP: Allows you to adjust the beep level from 0 to 9.
- LED ON/OFF: Used to turn KeyCard LED light On or Off.
- SCANTIME: Can adjust scan times from 5 to 30 seconds in 5 second increments.
- AUX ON/OFF: Allows you to turn the AUX input On or Off. This menu option will not appear when a CD Changer is connected, because you cannot connect an AUX input adaptor and a CD Changer at the same time.
- LEARN KC: Used to "train" a replacement KeyCard.
- READ KC: Used to display KeyCard data on the unit's display.
- FM TUNER: Allows you to change frequency steps from US (AM 10kHz, FM 200kHz) to Latin (European) settings (AM 9kHz, FM 100kHz).
- Disc select
- Track select
- Audible track search (forward/reverse)
- Repeat Play: Allows you to select RPT TRCK or RPT DISC. When RPT TRCK is chosen, the unit will repeat the selected track. When RPT DISC is chosen, the unit will repeat the selected disc.
- Random Play: Allows you to select MIX CD or MIX MAG. In MIX CD mode, the unit plays the tracks on the selected disc in random order. In MIX MAG mode, the unit plays all tracks on all discs in random order.
- Scan: Plays the opening seconds of all tracks on all of the CDs in ascending order. The scan time is user selectable (5 to 30 seconds in 5 second increments).
- CD Naming: You can enter names of up to 8 characters each for up to 99 CDs played in the changer.
- Track Program Memory: Up to 40 tracks on each of up to 30 CDs can be programmed into memory.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: When the Clock Display has been turned on, pressing and holding the power button turns off audio output, but the clock display and face/button illumination remain on. When the Clock Display has not been turned on, pressing and holding the power button turns the unit off completely. This unit's illumination and clock are "keyed" only when the Clock Display has been turned on. When the Clock Display has not been turned on, the unit is off and power is supplied to both power wires, nothing illuminates. If power is then supplied to the orange wire, dots on the face of the rotary dial and the power button illuminate in blue.