About the Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT
Need a break from all that bridge traffic? Blaupunkt's New Jersey 220 BT CD receiver offers multiple entertainment options, including a USB port for your digital music files, an old-school CD player, and Bluetooth® audio streaming. Blaupunkt wraps all that up into a double-DIN (4" tall) radio with subtle styling that looks great in your dash.
You can answer a call from a Bluetooth-enabled phone with the push of a button, and your end of the conversation is picked up by the microphone that's built into faceplate. The New Jersey 220 supports Bluetooth audio streaming too, so you can stream music wirelessly from compatible devices to the receiver, plus control basic functions like track up or down.
Your choice of music
In addition to audio streaming, the New Jersey 220 also offers crystal-clear CD playback, a sensitive AM/FM tuner for radio broadcasts, a convenient front aux input for your portable audio player, and a USB port for iPod, iPhone® or a thumb drive full of MP3 or WMA music.
This Blaupunkt helps you get the most out of your music with a beefy built-in amp that'll make your speakers sound more dynamic. You can tailor the sound to your preferences with the 3-band parametric equalizer, and you'll find the two sets of preamp outputs handy for adding an amp or powered subwoofer.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM RDS tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- fits double-DIN (4"-tall) dash openings
- remote control
- 3-band parametric EQ
- loudness control
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NEW JERSEY 220BT
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (15A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed w/ 4 screws)
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- SWC harness
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- Rear-support bolt
- Rubber boot
- Operating/Installation Instructions
- FCC Statement
Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.0+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the New Jersey 220 BT.
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the Blaupunkt CD receiver. You can pair up to 3 Bluetooth-enabled devices, but only one can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth-enabled iPhone, Android smartphone, or other Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. You'll be able to answer incoming calls, as well as dial outgoing calls.
- Answer/End Incoming Call: When there is an incoming call, the current audio source is muted and a ring tone is played via the loudspeakers of the car sound system. The head unit's display will indicate "INCOMING CALL" and the phone number of the caller. If the phone number is one of your phone book contacts, then the unit will also display the caller's name. "PRIVATE NUMBER" is displayed when there is no caller information transmitted. You can answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You'll be able to speak into the head unit's integrated mic on the front-panel during your phone conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Dialing Outgoing Call: You can manually enter a phone number using the unit's front-panel controls. The head unit also allows you to access your Bluetooth-enabled phone's phone book contacts (up to 1,000 entries) for easy access. In addition, you can make a call from a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial; you can select Received, Dialed, or Missed calls.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220BT allows you to wirelessly play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled devices using a Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP connection. You can control basic playback functions of your music on your Bluetooth-enabled device from the New Jersey 220BT's front-panel. Playback functions include Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
Note: This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices, instead it will display "BT STREAMING".
Disc Compatibility: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto CD-R/RW discs.
Front-Panel USB Port: The New Jersey 220 BT features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback & control of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a compatible USB MSC device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
MP3/WMA Playback: The Blaupunkt CD receiver supports the following types of MP3 and WMA music files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 32-320 kbps |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||3,000 total files/folders|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1/2), WMA tag|
Folder Select: This function allows you to select a folder containing MP3/WMA files and start playing from the first track in the folder.
Playback Functions: The New Jersey 220 BT provides Repeat, Random, & Scan playback functions.
- Scan Play: This function allows you to locate and play the first couple of seconds of all the tracks recorded on a CD; or the first couple of seconds of the first track of all the folders on a MP3/WMA disc or USB device.
- Repeat Play: This function allows you to play the current track on a disc or USB device repeatedly or play a file currently being played in a MP3/WMA folder on a disc/USB repeatedly.
- Random Play: This function allows you to play all tracks recorded on a disc/USB or particular folder of a Disc/USB in a random order.
Off Insert/Eject + Auto Reload: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. If the ejected disc is not removed within 10 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust.
Mounting: For proper CD playback you must install the unit within 30° of horizontal.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your iPod/iPhone to the head unit, via the dock connector-to-USB cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone. The New Jersey 220 BT supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible iPod/iPhone.
- Music Playback: The Blaupunkt head unit supports audio playback of stored music and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter.
- iPod Control: You can use the head unit's front-panel controls to search your iPod/iPhone's stored music library by Artist, Album, Playlist, or Genre. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen. Older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 3/2/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of almost any portable audio source with a 3.5mm headphone output (great for those non-Apple/Android devices. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to
AM/FM Tuner: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner offering manual, seek/scan, & preset tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks. You can store 6 radio stations in each bank, giving you 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically.
- Scanning Station: The Scan function will play the first couple of seconds of each preset station, until you find the station you like.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing. The head unit is set to European tuning out of the box.
22 Watt x 4 Channel Amp: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT is equipped with a 22 watt RMS x 4 channel amplifier (50 watts Peak x 4 channels).
4ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The Blaupunkt New Jersey 220 BT features two sets of 2.0-volt preamp outputs (Front & Rear/SW). The unit's rear preamp outputs can be configured as fading rear-channel outputs or a non-fading subwoofer outputs (no low-pass crossover or sub control).
3-Band EQ w/ Presets: The head unit offer basic bass and treble control. There are also 4 sound presets (Classic, Pop, Rock, Off/Flat) that allow you to easily recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. For further adjustment, the in-dash CD receiver features a built-in 3-Band EQ.
|Treble||10, 12.5, 15, 17.5 kHz||-7 to +7 dB||N/A|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-7 to +7 dB||0.5, 0.75, 1.0, 1.25|
|Bass||80, 100, 200 Hz||-7 to +7 dB||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
Loudness: The Loudness feature enhances low frequencies (400, 800, or 240Hz)at lower volumes.
Turn-On Volume Level: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-50) every time you power up the radio.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned on or off).
Single-Line Display: The single-line, 8-digit LCD (with black background and white characters) on the New Jersey 220 BT allows numbers and characters to be displayed clearly in almost any lighting condition. You can the LCD's brightness to "Bright" or "Dark".
12/24-Hour Clock: The in-dash head unit offers a switchable 12- or 24-hour clock display. The clock is only displayed when the head unit is turned on.
IR Remote: The New Jersey 220BT comes supplied with an 20-button IR remote control for wireless operation of the CD receiver. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 Lithium cell 3V battery (already installed).
SWC Harness: The New Jersey 220BT includes a SWC harness which allows connection to an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately), so you can retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel control.
35 questions already asked