About the Blaupunkt ODw1500
The name says it all Blaupunkt built the Overdrive Series ODw1500 15" subwoofer to pump out powerful, clean bass at high sound pressure levels!
The Spun Aluminum Cone (SAC) is lightweight and rigid, producing more volume with less power. This resilient, acoustically inert cone material resists the elements, maintaining its shape and tone under the most brutal listening conditions. Blaupunkt overbuilds the Overdrive subwoofer with an extra-large rubber surround, mammoth magnet assembly, and oversized voice coils for extended cone excursion.
Dual Voice Coil (DVC) design allows you to wire these speakers in 8-, 4-, and 2-ohm configurations for exceptional installation flexibility and performance. The stunning chrome-dipped cast aluminum baskets are the final touch in the Overdrive assembly here's a speaker that looks as good as it sounds! 1-year warranty.Details:
- dual voice coil design
- Spun Aluminum Cone with rubber surround
- chrome-dipped cast aluminum basket
- oversized magnet and voice coil assembly
- 80-ounce magnet
- power range 100-500 watts RMS each
- peak power 1,500 watts
- frequency response 20-2000 Hz
- sensitivity 92 dB
- top mount depth: 7-5/16"
Priced per speaker
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Blaupunkt ODw1500
Features & specs
|Cone Material||Spun Aluminum|
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||2|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||3|
|Port diameter (inches)||3|
|Port length (inches)||8|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
92 dB at 2.83 volts |
89 dB at 1 watt
|Frequency Response||20 - 2000 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||500|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1500|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||7 5/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||8 1/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||13 7/16|
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
Dual Voice Coils: The dual voice coil design allows a variety of impedances to be configured. One speaker can be wired for a 2 or 8 ohm load.
Cone: The woofer cone is made of spun aluminum for extreme rigidity, even under severe cone excursions.
Rubber Surround: The woofer has tremendous excursion capabilities due to high compliance rubber surround suspension, offering over 1" of undistorted travel.
Chromed Cast Aluminum Basket: The basket was built with the strength and stiffness required to handle the demands of enormous bass without flex or distortion.
Voice Coil: The 3.0" voice coil and large magnet motor assembly ensure linear electromagnetic performance regardless of cone excursion.
5-Way Binding Posts: The gold plated 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs.
Enclosure Compatibility: This woofer can provide extended bass in sealed, vented and bandpass enclosures (see below for more information on enclosures). In addition, the woofer can be used in free-air applications.
Power Handling: The total RMS power handling of the woofer is 500 watts; each voice coil can handle up to 250 watts RMS.
Sealed Box Volume: This woofer is designed to work in a sealed enclosure with any of the following internal volumes: 1.0 cu/ft, 1.25 cu/ft, 1.5 cu/ft, or 2.0 cu/ft. In the 1.0 cu/ft enclosure, you will get limited deep bass. The 1.5 cu/ft enclosure will give you good low end and good power handling. The 2.0 cu/ft enclosure will give you very natural low frequency performance with good transient response.
Vented Box Volume: This woofer is designed to work in any of the following vented enclosures:
- 1.0 cu/ft box with a 5.5" long, 2" diameter port or a 13" long, 3" diameter port
- 1.25 cu/ft with a 4" long, 2" diameter port or a 10.2" long, 3" diameter port
- 1.5 cu/ft with a 4.8" long, 2" diameter port or a 12" long, 3" diameter port
- 3.0 cu/ft with a 3" long, 2" diameter port or an 8" long, 3" diameter port
In the 1.0 cu/ft enclosure, you will get boomy bass. The 1.5 cu/ft enclosure will give you very hard hitting bass. The 3.0 cu/ft enclosure will give you very pleasant deep bass with good tonal quality.
Single Vent Bandpass Volume: This woofer is designed to work in any of the following bandpass enclosures:
- 2.5 cu/ft total volume: 1.0 cu/ft sealed chamber and 1.5 cu/ft vented chamber with a 4.5" long, 4" diameter port or an 8" long, 5" diameter port
- 3.0 cu/ft total volume: 1.3 cu/ft sealed chamber and 1.7 cu/ft vented chamber with a 5" long, 4" diameter port or an 8.8" long, 5" diameter port
- 4.0 cu/ft total volume: 1.9 cu/ft sealed chamber and 2.1 cu/ft vented chamber with a 5.8" long, 4" diameter port or a 9.9" long, 5" diameter port
- 5.0 cu/ft total volume: 2.3 cu/ft sealed chamber and 2.7 cu/ft vented chamber with a 4.9" long, 4" diameter port or an 8.5" long, 5" diameter port
The 2.5 cu/ft enclosure will give you great response at 35-95 Hz. The 4.0 cu/ft enclosure will give you super low 27-73 Hz response but low SPL.
Free-Air: In addition to its enclosure compatibility, this woofer is designed to be used in free-air applications.