About the Blaupunkt THA1250PnP
An amplifier can make a huge difference in your car's audio system, but some people just aren't comfortable cutting and splicing wires especially in a leased vehicle or a company car. Now Blaupunkt offers another option: connect a Plug'N'Play Series amplifier to your factory system with the help of a Plug'N'Play T-harness designed for your specific vehicle.
Blaupunkt's Plug'N'Play Series amplifiers produce big power from ultra-compact housings, so they'll fit into some tight places in your vehicle. These full-range Class D amps use miniaturized power transformers for cool, efficient operation so your speakers will sound fuller, with clearer highs, richer mids and more powerful bass.
The THA1250PnP 1-channel amp pushes out up to 300 watts RMS to your subwoofer system, but draws considerably less power than conventional amps. An automatic input detection circuit eliminates the need for a remote turn-on lead.
- 1-channel car amplifier
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz)
- amplifier connects to your factory radio with an optional Plug N Play power and signal wiring harness
- high-pass/subsonic filter (10-250 Hz)
- full-range Class-D amplifier design
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- removable speaker output and power input connectors included (10--gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier)
- 10-5/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 7-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 7607792131
What's in the box:
- Mono-Channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp blade fuses (one installed)
- Speaker quick connect terminals (installed)
- Power quick connect terminals (installed)
- Wired remote bass knob
- 20' connection cable for wired bass knob
- Four 1-3/4" Mounting screws
- Owners Manual (English/ German/ French/ Italian/ Dutch/ Swedish/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Danish/ Polish/ Czech/ Slovak/ Greek/ Turkish/ Finnish/ Russian)
Blaupunkt THA1250PnP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Blaupunkt THA1250PnP
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
250 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0 to +12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||PnP cable only|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: In addition to being compatible with nearly any aftermarket radio having preamp outputs, the Blaupunkt THA 1250 PnP can be integrated into approximately 2,000 car models using plug-and-play (PnP) adapters. PnP adapter cables are designed to make adding a THA/PnP series amplifier to your factory radio as easy as plug-and-play.
Vehicle Compatibility: Numerous vehicle specific adapter cables are available, please check the Crutchfield on-line Car Selector to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
PnP Installation: Three components are involved in the plug-and-play installation; the THA series amplifier, the vehicle specific adapter, and an extension cable (item number 023THA25M/2.5 meters or 023THA55M/5.5 meters, depending on your amp location). The vehicle specific adapter connects between the factory radio, the factory wiring at the radio location, and the extension cable. The extension cable is then routed to and plugs directly into the amplifier, providing both power and speaker input connections. The extension cable also plugs into an amplifier terminal labeled PnP output, which feeds the factory radio's power back into the factory wiring to drive the existing speakers. The existing factory wiring does not have to be altered, the adapter simply plugs into the radio harness. The subwoofer powered by this amp is hardwired to the terminal labeled LS Output.
Terminal Layout: For wiring convenience all the inputs, outputs, and controls are on one side of the amp.
Wire Terminals: The speaker output and power input terminals use removable plugs to attach the wires to the amp. Bare speaker wire, up to 10 gauge for power, ground, and remote and up to 12 gauge for the speakers, is held in place by a set screw, the plug then snaps onto the terminals on the amp. If the PnP system is used, these terminal plugs are not used.
Speaker-Level Input: The THA 1250 PnP has speaker-level inputs for use only with the PnP system.
Wired Remote Bass Knob: The supplied wired remote bass knob allows you to boost the bass level of the amplifier from 0 to +12 dB. The bass knob come with a 20' connection cable. The bass knob measures 2.601" wide x 1.027" tall x 2.836" deep.
Auto Turn On: When the PnP system is used an automatic circuit turns the amp on, so no turn on lead is necessary.
Controls (front of unit):
- Low Pass Crossover Switch: turns the low-pass crossover on/off
- Low Pass Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the low pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 50 to 250Hz
- High Pass/Subsonic Crossover Frequency: rotary control used to select the high pass crossover frequency, continuously variable from 10 to 250Hz
- Level (Gain) control: rotary control used to set the amplifier's gain according the level of the incoming signal, continuously variable from 0.3V to 8.0V
Inputs and Outputs (front of unit):
- Power: the removable power terminal will accept power, ground, and remote bare wire input up to 10 gauge, Blaupunkt recommends 16 gauge wire minimum for power and ground; once the power terminal is removed, either of the PnP extension cables will plug directly into the amp to supply power
- PnP Input: the speaker-level input is only useful when integrating the amp with a factory radio using the PnP system
- PnP Output: either of the PnP extension cables will plug directly into the amp to integrate the output with the factory wiring; because this amp powers a subwoofer (not the existing speakers), this output feeds the factory radio's power back into the factory wiring to drive the existing speakers
- Line Input: left and right female RCA jacks
- Line Output: left and right female RCA jacks
- Remote Bass Level: RJ-11 port for connecting the wired bass module
- LS Output: powered output for the subwoofer; the removable speaker terminal will accept bare wire up to 12 gauge
- Width: 7.052"
- Height: 1.692"
- Length: 10.282"
With RCA Connection:
- Width: 7.385"
- Height: 1.692"
- Length: 10.282"
With PnP Harnesses:
- Width: 7.888"
- Height: 1.692"
- Length: 10.282"