About the Farenheit DVD-36
Get into the fun of mobile video with the versatile Farenheit DVD-36 DVD player. It'll play back a wide variety of formats (including DVD, CD, and MP3 discs), and offers plenty of convenient mounting options. All you need to do is add a monitor for instant entertainment!
If you have a Japanese vehicle with a 4" tall (double-DIN) dash opening, you can mount the DVD-36 in your dash right below your regular receiver. No space there? Don't fret brackets are included for mounting the player on the floor, in the console, or under the dash.
The DVD-36 features an audio/video output that connects to your in-dash receiver's auxiliary input, if it has one. If you prefer, you can connect the player to a wireless headphone transmitter (sold separately) so your backseat passengers can enjoy a movie privately using wireless headphones. Meanwhile, an audio/video input lets you connect another entertainment source, such as your favorite video game console.
To power the player you'll need to hardwire it to your vehicle's electrical system. If you mount the player in a hidden spot (like under a seat), you can use the included remote and remote sensor eye (on a 16-foot cable) to control it.
- mobile DVD player
- plays DVDs, CDs, MP3 discs, Video CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, Super Video CDs, and HDCD
- mounts in the dash of many vehicles (mounting sleeve included)
- includes two mounting brackets with screws
- on-screen display with built-in screen saver
- multiple language menu
- last position memory
- 4 speed scan
- frame by frame and slow motion
- one set of audio/video outputs
- one set of audio/video inputs
- wireless remote
- remote sensor eye on 16' cable
- DVD frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- 6-7/16"W x 2"H x 6-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # DVD-36
What's in the box:
- DVD/CD player
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has in-line 3A fuse)
- Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 57" A/V cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors and an RCA composite video connector on one end and a minijack connector on the other end)
- 12" A/V cable (has left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack on one end and a minijack connector on the other end)
- Remote control receiver with attached 9.5' cord
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 1 Metal rear support bracket
- 2 Removal keys
- Eight M4 x 5 screws
- 1 Rear mounting bolt
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber pads
- 1 Silica gel packet
- Owner's Manual
- Product Warranty Registration Card
Farenheit DVD-36 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Farenheit DVD-36
Add-on DVD Player: This unit does not have a built-in tuner or amplifier. Front right and left channel preamp outputs are provided, allowing you to connect the unit to your amp/speaker system. A monitor can be connected to the RCA composite video output.
Disc Compatibility: The DVD-36 is compatible with DVDs, Video CDs, audio CDs, CD-Rs, CD-R/Ws, MP3 CD-Rs, and MP3 CD-RWs.
Remote Eye: The DVD-36 includes an infrared eye with a 9.5' cord, which allows you to operate the player from any remote location in the vehicle.
Video Format: You can select from the following video playback formats: NTSC, PAL, or Auto.
Multi-angle Display: The DVD-36 allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Zoom: During DVD playback, the picture may be enlarged 2x or 4x.
Forward and Backward Search: This unit can perform a fast forward search or fast backward search at four different speeds: 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, and 32x normal speed.
Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current title or chapter. When playing an audio CD or Video CD, you can repeat the current track. When playing an MP3 CD, you can repeat the current track, current folder, or the entire disc. A-B repeat allows you to repeat selected portions of a disc.
Screen Saver: The screen saver keeps the screen from being damaged if the video image stops or is frozen for a few minutes.
Parental Lock: To restrict playback of discs with adult themes, you can select a parental control rating from 0-8, protected by a 4-digit password.
- A/V Input: minijack input for use with supplied A/V cable
- DC 12V In 1: 2-pin jack for use with supplied wiring harness
- DC 12V In 2: jack for use with an optional power supply
- A/V Output: minijack output for use with supplied A/V cable
- Remote: minijack input for the supplied remote eye cable
- Coaxial Digital Audio Output: minijack coaxial digital audio output
- Overall (using brackets): W=9.063", H=2.551", D=7.519"
- E Mounting (using supplied
sleeve and trim ring):
- Chassis Width: 7.168"
- Chassis Depth: 6.773"
- Chassis Height: 2.068"
- Nose Width: 7.332"
- Nose Depth: 0.714"
- Nose Height: 2.224"
The Farenheit DVD-36 replaces these items