- powered 3-channel sound bar with six channels of Class D amplification for clear, dynamic sound
- HDMI connections are compatible with 4K/HDR TVs and devices
- Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master decoding
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home for voice control
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® allows connection to your wireless home network
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- feet included for placement on a stand or table
- add optional DSW-1H wireless subwoofer for extra bass
- add a pair of optional HEOS speakers like the HEOS 1 for 5.1 surround sound
HEOS multi-room system information:
- HEOS requires high-speed internet, Wi-Fi router, and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- plays music stored on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays the same music in multiple zones simultaneously, or different music in each zone
- easy setup using the HEOS mobile app
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, and ALAC files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- bass and treble tone controls via HEOS app
Connections and general info:
- 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output
- HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0a
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through with support for HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs
- 3.5mm input for setup and connecting a portable music player (minijack cable included)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- remote control included
- 43-1/4"W x 2-3/4"H x 5-7/8"D
- weight: 10.58 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DHTS716HBKE3
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 6.5' HDMI cable
- 6.5' Optical digital cable
- 34" Minijack setup cable
- 40" Ethernet cable
- 2 Riser feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall Mount Template
- Safety Instructions
- Spotify information
- Warrant sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon DHT-S716H
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.0|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Woofer||Oval Cone (3)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||HDR10, Dolby Vision|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||Yes|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.1|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||Yes|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-3/4H x 43-1/4W x 5-7/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||10.58 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
3.0ch Active Soundbar Speaker: The Denon DHT-S716H active soundbar speaker features a performance-tuned six driver array in a 3.0ch configuration with dedicated front left, center, and front right channels. Six channels of high efficiency, cool-running Class D digital amplification powers the six driver array for pristine sound with wide dynamic range and low distortion.
- Optional 3.1ch Configuration: Add Denon's DSW-1H wireless powered subwoofer (sold separately) to create a 3.1ch system with bigger, deeper bass response.
- Optional 5.0 ch Configuration: Add a pair of Denon's Heos wireless powered speakers (sold separately) as rear surrounds to create a 5.0ch system with more a immersive surround sound experience.
- Optional 5.1ch Configuration: Add the Denon DSW-1H wireless powered sub and a pair of Heos wireless powered speakers (all sold separately) to create a 5.1ch home theater system with greater bass response and a truly immersive surround sound environment.
Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Decoding: The Denon DHT-S716H active soundbar speaker supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD Master decoding (up to 7.1ch) via its HDMI 2.0a connectivity. It only supports Dolby Digital and DTS decoding (up to 5.1ch) via its optical and coaxial digital inputs.
HDMI 2.0a: Featuring four HDMI inputs and one HDMI ARC output, the Denon DHT-S716H incorporates an advanced video section that features the HDMI 2.0a specification; including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video with HDCP 2.2 compatibility (a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content), HDR (High Dynamic Range), and ARC (Audio Return Channel).
- 4K/60Hz + HDCP 2.2: The Denon DHT-S716H supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI. There is no video resolution upscaling. All of the soundbar's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): The DHT-S716H supports High Dynamic Range video - including HDR10 and Dolby Vision. High Dynamic Range video provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your ARC compatible TV to the Denon DHT-S716H through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your TV.
Note: The ARC-enabled HDMI input of some TVs will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, so we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable box, and game console to the soundbar directly; and then connect the soundbar's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Digital & Analog Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Denon DHT-S716H is outfitted with digital (optical/coaxial) and analog (stereo minijack) audio inputs.
- Optical & Coaxial: For TVs without ARC via HDMI, you can connect the Denon DHT-S716H via one of the two available digital audio connections; both optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital audio inputs are provided. These digital inputs support 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital/DTS.
- 3.5mm Minijack: Additionally, Denon has included a stereo analog minijack (3.5mm) input jack that lets you connect the DHT-S716H to your TV without ARC or a digital output, or to a portable music player. This connection only supports 2ch PCM.
Note: The digital optical output of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
USB Port: The Denon DHT-S716H is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the speaker's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. USB audio can be distributed other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Music Browsing: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device to browse your connected USB device's music library by Artist, Album, Genre, or Song. You can also type in an artist name or song title to find music in your USB device's library.
- Playback Control: Basic playback control from the included remote control or Heos app include includes Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist Info: You are able to view song/artist information with Album Art from your inserted USB device on the HEOS app.
Note: It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the USB port of this unit using a USB cable. The USB port does not support Apple iOS or Android devices. USB hubs and card-readers are not supported.
High Resolution & Compressed Music Formats: The Denon DHT-S716H supports compatibility with high-resolution audio files for the ultimate listening experience via select online music services, DLNA, and USB. Listen to uncompressed WAV (PCM), ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) music files up to 24-bit/192-kHz; as well as DSD (2.8/5.6MHz). HEOS is also compatible with compressed music files - such as MP3, WMA, and AAC (MPEG4).
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Built-in Bluetooth: The Denon DHT-S716H features built-in Bluetooth 4.1 with a 98.4' wireless range for music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.5). You'll be able to wirelessly connect to smartphones (including iPhone & Android), tablets (including iPad & Android), laptops (including Microsoft Surface & Macbook), computers (including Windows PC & Mac), and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the DHT-S716H, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks (only one device can be used at a time)
- Wireless Music Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Denon active soundbar speaker. The DHT-S716H supports the Bluetooth SBC codec only.
- Wireless Music Control: You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the soundbar's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enabled device. There is no song/artist information display on the soundbar. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
- Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls is not supported.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Denon soundbar.
HEOS Wireless Multiroom Sound: The Denon DHT-S716H is part of the HEOS wireless multiroom audio eco-system - comprising of a family of wireless network speakers, AV receivers, amplifiers, & pre-amplifiers for your whole home. There is a free HEOS app to control them from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection through out your home. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To make HEOS wireless multi-room audio work in your home, you'll need.
- Denon's HEOS network audio speakers, receiver amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers
- a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection
- an Apple iOS or Android mobile device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network
- the free HEOS app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
Note: Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, multiple HEOS accounts can be setup in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, etc. account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The HEOS system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. The Denon DHT-S716H can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or dual-WiFi (802.11ac; 2.4GHz/5GHz). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHz) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection for high-resolution music playback. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect the Denon DHT-S716H to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen of the app.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the DHT-S716H wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the Denon soundbar. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the speaker via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
Hi-Res & Audiophile-Grade Synchronization: To deliver a true audiophile listening experience for high-resolution music playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz) with multiple HEOS speakers & receivers at once, each HEOS speaker and receiver must be synchronized to an extremely high degree. Based on years of meticulous research, HEOS delivers unparalleled synchronization performance within microseconds for exceptional high-resolution music playback.
- HEOS Gen 2: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products, like the Denon DHT-S716H, will distribute high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) throughout your home to other HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) product; without any down-sampling.
- HEOS Gen 1: HEOS Gen 2 (HS2) products, like the Denon DHT-S716H, will down-sample high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) to CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) and then distribute the music throughout your home to older HEOS Gen 1 product.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, Amazon Music, and more. The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels. These online music services can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported HEOS devices from the HEOS App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the Denon DHT-S716H. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library. Your device's music library can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
DLNA Certified: The Denon DHT-S716H is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the Denon DHT-S716H. From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. DLNA music content can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Multi-Room Configuration: Built-in HEOS technology enables the PMA-150H to become part of the HEOS by Denon wireless multi-room audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control all of your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the HEOS App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device over a wireless WiFi network connection. The HEOS system is a true multi-room audio system that automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple HEOS devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing. You can play the same audio source in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
- Systems & Groups: The HEOS wireless multiroom sound system can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receivers, players, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network (IEEE 802.11 g/n; 2.4/5GHz). You can join or group up to eight individual HEOS devices into a group that function as if they were a single source. The HEOS eco-system is flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 Heos devices per Group). You can easily group 16 rooms together with Party Mode by simply using a "pinch" gesture.
- Compatible Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system -
- TuneIn Internet Radio & Spotify Connect
- HEOS music apps (including Amazon, Pandora, Tidal, and more)
- Windows PC & DLNA music servers
- Bluetooth & USB audio (AirPlay is not supported)
- Music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
- Analog & Digital inputs (including HDMI, Optical, Coaxial, Minijack)
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to play multiple HEOS systems together, so you're simultaneously outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
AirPlay 2 w/ Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Denon DHT-S716H and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Denon HEOS soundbar speaker. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Denon DHT-S716H.
Note: AirPlay 2 does not support multiroom audio distribution via HEOS. Multiroom audio distribution can only be done with other AirPlay 2 compatible devices (sold separately).
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0) onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass & Treble.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and HDMI, Digital (optical/coaxial), or Aux inputs; as well as Bluetooth on the Denon DHT-S716H. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Alexa Compatible: HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (such as the Echo or Echo Dot, sold separately). Your HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network. Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. And thanks to the latest firmware update, you can even use Alexa to switch inputs on HEOS enabled AV receivers and soundbars.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
Google Assistant Support (available firmware update): Ask your Google Home, the Google app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
- A firmware update (scheduled for 2019) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
- Click here for more info on Google Assistant for HEOS.
Josh.ai Smart Home Voice Automation: An elevated voice agent for the high-end smart home, Josh.ai offers flexible voice control for nearly any aspect of your day-to-day experience and entertainment environment. Use voice commands to control the Denon soundbar, thermostat, lights, home appliances, powered speakers, and more. Josh.ai is installed by custom integrators and accessed through the Josh - Home Automation app on your Apple iOS 10.3+ or Android OS 4.4+ device.
Remote Control: The Denon DHT-S716H comes with an IR remote for basic control of the soundbar speaker. Basic control functions included Power, Volume/Mute, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Quick Select. The DHT-S716H can also be programmed to work with your television's IR remote control and also supports HDMI CEC.
- TV Learning: Thanks to IR remote learning capability, you can control the Denon DHT-S716H with your TV's IR remote controller. Compatible TVs include Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio. Control functions include Power on/off & Volume up/down.
- HDMI Control: You can switch off the power, switch input source and adjust the volume of this system using your TV's remote control over an HDMI connection. Your TV also needs to be compatible with the HDMI control function. This function may not operate due to connected devices or settings.
- Quick Select: Six Quick Select buttons can be programmed for easy access of your favorite functions and radio stations from the IR remote.
- Depending on your TV model or installation location, the remote control receiver on the TV may be hidden by the DHT-S716H, preventing the remote control from being used because the remote control signals cannot reach the TV. The IR repeater feature of the DHT-S716H allows the IR commands to pass-through the soundbar to the TV for uninterrupted control.
- The IR input (3.5mm) on back of the soundbar allows you to connect an external IR receiver (sold separately) in order to operate the speaker wirelessly even when its IR receiver may be blocked or out of line of sight.
Standby Modes: The Denon DHT-S716H features two standby modes to save power.
- Auto Standby: To save power, the speaker system will automatically enter Standby mode whenever there is no audio signal or control for 20 minutes and will automatically resume whenever the speaker is selected and playing music again. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Standby as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The speaker also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever their is no wired or wireless audio connection for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" the speaker system from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to the Denon DHT-S716H via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Mounting & Placement Options: The soundbar of the DHT-S716H can be table-top mounted or wall mounted. The soundbar speaker should be placed as close as possible to the television screen. It should be centered left-to-right with the screen, and ideally no more than a few inches above or below. The most common location is below the screen.
- Table-Top Mount: The DHT-S716H comes with a set of feet that raise the soundbar speaker off
your table top and over the base or feet of some flat-panel TVs. The soundbar
can also be table-top mounted without the feet installed. The feet add
0.625" to the overall height of the soundbar.
- Dimensions without Feet: 43.25" (w) x 2.75" (h) x 5.875" (d)
- Dimensions with Feet: 43.25" (w) x 3.125" (h) x 5.875" (d)
- Wall-Mount: If you prefer wall mounting, the soundbar features built-in
keyholes that let you easily mount the soundbar directly to the wall
(template included). There are also two 1/4"-20 threaded inserts on the
rear-panel of the soundbar for attaching optional mounting brackets (sold
- Dimensions Wall-Mounted: 43.25" (w) x 5.875" (h) x 2.75" (d)
Power Requirements: The Denon DHT-S716H active soundbar speaker will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately) using the included 6.5" AC power cord.