About the Denon D-M41
Smooth stereo sound for small spaces
Smooth stereo sound for small spaces
Looking to get great sound in a bedroom, office, or dorm? Check out Denon's D-M41. This all-in-one desktop stereo system delivers surprisingly spacious and detailed sound through its compact speakers. Play CDs, listen to AM/FM radio, or stream music from your phone via Bluetooth. This versatile system includes a high-performance headphone amplifier so you can enjoy the same rich, dynamic sound when you want to listen without bothering anyone else.
Connect your TV or Blu-ray player to the D-M41's optical input for high-quality stereo sound for movies and shows. It even has a subwoofer output so you can enjoy thrilling low-frequency sound effects or round out the low end of your music.
- Featured in our article: Best CD players for 2023
- front-loading single-CD player
- plays CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, MP3 & WMA CDs
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- AM/FM stereo tuner with 40 presets
- built-in clock with alarm and sleep timer function
- 30 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (at 1 kHz)
- high-quality headphone amplifier with minijack output
- two optical digital audio inputs for connecting a TV or other digital devices with optical output
- RCA analog audio inputs
- mono output for optional powered subwoofer
- 2-way speakers with 4-3/4" woofers and 1" silk dome tweeters
- high-quality binding post connectors on speakers and component block
- uses only 0.3 W of power in standby mode
- remote control
- component block: 8-5/16"W x 4-9/16"H x 13-1/16"D
- speakers (each): 5-3/4"W x 9-3/8"H x 9-1/8"D
- component block weight: 8.82 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DM41SBKE3
What's in the box:
- Component block (RCD-M41)
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers (SC-M41)
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-1214)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Two lengths of 6.5' speaker wire (bare speaker wire on each end)
- 2 Foam inserts
- Eight self-adhesive feet
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Speaker Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Iinformation
- Notes On Radio
- Safety Instructions
- Extended Protection Plan brochure
Denon D-M41 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Denon D-M41
Variety Of Sources
30W + 30W Discrete Amplifier: The Denon D-M41S is equipped with a 30 watt x 2-channel high power amplifier for serious HiFi quality sound. A newly-developed discrete analogue amplifier circuit reduces signal paths for greater clarity and impact. The Denon D-M41S is also equipped with robust power supplies that feature dual power transformers to provide a stable supply of electric current, resulting in lower impedance handling and greater power output.
Simple & Straight Circuit Design: The Denon D-M41S gives you high quality sound based on the "Simple & Straight" concept. Circuitry is uncomplicated, signal paths are short, and all adverse influences on sound quality have been minimized. The circuit design and the way the chassis is built ensure the sound you hear is faithful to the original performance.
Triple Noise Reduction Design: In an audio component where various circuits, boards, and wire layouts can influence each other, it is not possible to obtain satisfying specifications or sound simply by strengthening the power amp circuit. Denon has therefore eliminated three sources of noise to ensure that the sound is as clean as possible. Distortion from the input selector, electronic volume and power amp has been suppressed to improve the signal-to-noise ratio and produce an even smoother, dramatic sound.
- Short signal paths, to optimize sound quality and minimize noise.
- Thorough separation of digital and analog sections.
- Precision signal ground circuit, to preserve signal purity.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Denon D-M41S HiFi component system employs a high-precision 24-bit/192kHz DAC (digital-to-analog converter) to reproduce high-definition sound.
Headphone Amplifier: This unit is equipped with a high-quality headphone amplifier with adjustable gain (High/Middle/Low). A variety of headphones are supported. The D-M41S is equipped with a front-panel 3.5mm headphone output for private listening. Once a headphone is connected, the system's speakers will automatically mute.
Audio Adjustments: The Denon D-M41S offers various audio adjustments to tailor the sound to your music taste.
- Optimizing Filter: An optimizing filter suited specifically for the properties of the included loudspeakers can be activated.
- Tone Control: The D-M41S feature separate bass and treble tone controls (-10 to +10dB) for adjusting the tone of the system to your taste.
- Super Dynamic Bass: The Super Dynamic Bass (SDB) circuit produces powerful bass sound even when the volume of the system is low.
- Source Direct: The Source Direct feature is provided for turning off the tone control and SDB circuitry to make the system's response naturally flat.
Speaker & Subwoofer Outputs: The Denon D-M41S is fitted with four binding-post speaker terminals that will accept pin-connectors, single-banana plugs, and bare wire (up to 14-gauge). The D-M41S also features a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connecting a power subwoofer to the system for additional bass.
Bookshelf Loudspeakers: The included bookshelf loudspeakers have been designed with Denon HiFi craftsmanship and European sound engineering. For best performance a high quality 4.75" midrange/midbass driver has been combined with a high-definition 1" tweeter and a crossover network with selected components inside a bass reflex enclosure to reproduce smooth, natural sound.
- Two-Way Driver Design: The bookshelf loudspeakers feature a two-way driver design with a 1" tweeter and 4.75" midrange/midbass woofer. The soft-dome tweeter feature extended response to 40 kHz, along with wide dispersion and high power handling thanks to the advanced coil and dome air venting system. The powerful cone woofer feature Denon's Double Layer convex cone technology, which provides deep bass and clear mid-range free of coloration caused by cone flex distortion, and also features air venting for optimum cooling during extended passages of high volume.
- Bass Reflex Enclosure: The bookshelf loudspeakers employ a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bass response. Foam port inserts are supplied to seal the cabinet for tighter, more accurate bass. The speakers feature a black wood-grain vinyl finish and a black cloth removable grille.
- Binding Post Terminals: Each speaker features two binding post speaker terminals that will accommodate pin-connectors, single banana plugs, and bare wire (up to 14-gauge). The speaker's binding posts are color-coded (red/black) for easy identification between positive and negative.
- Mounting Options: The bookshelf loudspeakers can be simply placed on a table-top, shelf, or stand. The optional PinPoint heavy duty side-grip wall-mounting bracket (121AM41B, sold separately) can be used to wall mount the speakers (the speakers do not feature a keyhole slot or threaded insert).
Variety Of Sources
CD Player: The Denon D-M41S features a front-loading, single tray CD player that supports playback of CD-Audio & CD-Text discs (12 or 8cm). The D-M41S also supports playback of MP3 (32/44/1/48kHz; 32-320kbps) and WMA (32/44.1/48kHz; 64-192kbps) files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs. A low gravity CD mechanism is used to reduce vibration. The unit can be setup so playback starts automatically when a disc is inserted.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.5) is integrated to allow instant wireless connectivity (up to 33') with smartphones, tablets and computers. You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device to the Denon D-M41S. The Bluetooth circuitry has been designed complete with an on/off selector, offering convenient wireless connection when required, plus enhanced sound from the other sources like CD, FM or Optical Digital when it's not in use.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the D-M41S offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the Denon receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod/iPhone/Pad.
- Multi-Device Pairing: Up to eight Bluetooth source devices can be remembered by the D-M41S, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks. However, only one device can be used at a time.
Note: The unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Optical Digital Inputs: The Denon D-M41S features two optical (toslink) digital inputs for connection of your TV, satellite/cable box, or Blu-ray/DVD player. The digital input will only accept a 2ch PCM signal (32-192kHz; 16/24-bit). The optical digital inputs are not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS.
Analog Stereo RCA Input: The Denon D-M41S is equipped with a set of rear-panel RCA stereo audio inputs for connecting an external home component audio source.
AM/FM Tuner: The D-M41S features a built-in AM/FM tuner and comes supplied with an FM wire antenna and AM loop antenna. The built-in AM/FM tuner supports up to 40 station presets in any combination. You can manually tune your presets or have the unit automatically select your presets using the area's strongest stations. You can label each preset station with an 8 character name.
FL Display: The unit's front panel features a two line dot matrix fluorescent display, which provides indications of source and function status. The D-M41S's comprehensive FL display identifies source, music tracks (including song/artist info for MP3/WMA files), broadcast stations, and a12-hour clock. The unit's display brightness can be adjusted in four steps -100%, 70%, 40%, or Off.
Remote Control: The Denon D-M41S comes supplied with an easy-to-use IR wireless remote control. The included remote control unit features ergonomically designed buttons, with logical groupings for easy use. The keys of the remote have been laid out so that various media can be easily played both intuitively and visually. The buttons for the main operating sequences, such as Play, Skip, Stop, or Volume Up/Down, have been placed near each other for smooth, quick finger operation.
Playback Controls: The Denon D-M41S offers playback control for CD and Bluetooth. Play/Pause, Stop, Fast/Forward, & Previous/Next Track are supported for CD and Bluetooth. Other playback features for CD include - Repeat (Single/All/Folder), Random (All), and Program (up to 25 tracks) playback, as well as direct track/folder access. Program playback is not possible with MP3/WMA files.
Alarm & Sleep Timer: The unit is equipped with an Alarm & Sleep Timer.
- Alarm: You can set the alarm for "Everyday" or "Once" and select the playback source. With the "Everyday" alarm set, playback starts (the power turns on) and stops (the power turns off) at the set time each day. With the "Once" timer alarm set, playback starts (the power turns on) and stops (the power turns off) only once at the set time.
- Sleep Timer: Use the Sleep Timer to automatically switch the power to the standby mode after as specific amount of time (minutes). The sleep timer can be set up to 90 minutes, in 10 minute increments.
AC Power: The D-M41S is powered by standard household AC current using the supplied 6.5' AC power cord. The power consumption of the unit when in standby is approximately 0.3 watts.
Auto Standby: This unit will automatically enter the standby mode after approximately 15 continuous minutes of stop mode with no operation.
Last Function Memory: This feature stores the settings as they were directly before the standby mode was set. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored to as they were directly before the standby mode was set.
The Denon D-M41 replaces these items
- streams online music sources such as Internet radio, Pandora®, and SiriusXM®, plus songs stored on your networked computers
- front- and rear-panel USB inputs for music playback with a thumb drive, iPod®, or iPhone®
- preamp output for connecting an optional subwoofer
- 30 watts x 2
- direct USB connection for iPod/iPhone/flash memory drive
- high-quality two-way speaker system
27 questions already asked
I'm older now and don't need the monster system like I had in the 80's . It's the perfect bookshelf stereo. Connected my flatscreen and turntable and I'm as Happy as a Kid at Christmas.
Billy from Ridgeway, VA