About the Denon DP-400
A turntable with visual flair
A turntable with visual flair
The Denon DP-400 has an interesting look — featuring a curved tonearm and a dust cover that doubles as an album stand — and it makes your favorite albums sound great, too. There's a built-in phono preamp, so you can connect directly to a stereo receiver or a pair of powered stereo speakers.
The turntable is semi-automatic, so you can put on a record and perform tasks around the house without worrying about what will happen when the needle reaches the end of a side.
- S-shaped tonearm optimizes tracking
- built-in phono preamp
- weighted, belt-driven platter
- semi-automatic operation
- user must select "automatic stop" using button on rear of turntable
- tonearm automatically raises after playback and turntable stops
- dual-purpose dust cover also acts as album display stand
- replaceable moving magnet cartridge included
- solid base construction reduces unwanted vibrations
- three speeds: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, and 78 rpm
- 78 rpm playback of some older pressings requires Audio-Technica VM670SP or similar stylus (stylus not included)
- signal to noise ratio: 62 dB
- 16-1/4"W x 5-1/4"H x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DP400
What's in the box:
- Turntable w/ tonearm
- Headshell w/ cartridge
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- 5 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU/AU/JA)
- 45 RPM adapter
- 39" Stereo RCA cable w/ ground wire
- Dust cover
- Dust cover stand
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Denon DP-400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon DP-400
Weighted, Belt-Driven Platter: The Denon DP-400 turntable features a weighted, belt-driven platter that provides precision playback of your vinyl records that is faithful to the original recording.
- Speed Selector: The DP-400 turntable supports playback at 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and 78 rpm (the record rpm is normally indicated on the jacket or label of the record). It easily plays your entire vinyl collection with a precision. 78 RPM records require an additional cartridge that is not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
- Auto Sense: Integrated auto sensor accurately controls the platter, preventing unwanted speed fluctuations during playback so you can enjoy audio reproduction exactly as the artist intended.
Solid-Built Construction: The turntable's solid-built construction offers both the strength and high-density needed to reproduce detailed, resonance-free music. Thick cabinet walls and a weighted platter provide the optimal surface for your vinyl collection, reducing external vibration.
Specially Engineered Tone-Arm: The Denon DP-400 turntable features a carefully engineered curved, horizontal tracking angled tone-arm with auto-lift and playback stop. When the vinyl reaches the end of playback, the tone-arm auto-lifts 10 seconds prior to the groove end, preserving the excellent condition of your album (you will still need to manually return the tonearm to its rest). The curved tone-arm design also reduces harmonic distortion, ensuring a crystal clear sonic signal every time you listen. A counterweight is included and will need to be installed on the tone-arm.
MM or MC Cartridge Compatible: The Denon DP-400 includes an MM cartridge for more precise listening and added musical detail. If you prefer listening via an MC cartridge, you can easily swap out the existing MM cartridge to fit your audio preferences. The included MM cartridge does not come pre-installed on the tone-arm; you will need to install the MM cartridge headshell onto the tone-arm.
Note: The supplied stylus is good for approximately 400 hours of playback. Replace the stylus in a timely fashion to prevent damage to your record collection. When replacing the stylus, make sure to request the DSN-85.Anti-Skating Dial: Anti-skating adjustment is performed to counter the force which pulls the stylus tip inside due to the record rotation. Make sure that the anti-skating value is the same as the stylus pressure value. The appropriate stylus pressure for the cartridge included with this unit is 2.0 g (19.6 mN).
Built-In Phono Equalizer Preamp: This turntable has a built-in phono equalizer preamp that enables record playback when connected to receivers and integrated amps with external audio inputs, but no dedicated Phono input. The turntable's built-in phono equalizer creates an open, enveloping sound stage that brings to life your vinyl collection while staying true to the original recording.
RCA Outputs: The DP-400 turntable features a set of stereo RCA outputs to connect to your receiver or integrated amplifier using a set of stereo RCA cables. A 39" stereo RCA cable is included.
Removable Dual-Purpose Dust Cover: The included removable dust cover features a modern design, elevating the overall aesthetic of the DP-400 turntable, while also eliminating vibration issues that affect music quality associated with attached or hinged covers. The dust cover must be removed during playback of records. Doubling as a display stand for your album cover, you can place the dust cover upright on the included base and show it of proudly to family & friends.
Note: This is not a hinged dust cover. It simply lifts on and off. The dust cover must be removed during playback of records. The dust cover can be put back on the turntable once playback has stopped and the tone-arm is back on its rest.
Auto Stop/Power Off Function: When the Automatic Stop is turned on, the tone arm automatically raises after playback ends and the turntable stops. This keeps the turntable from continuing to turn and cause stylus wear should you accidentally fall asleep while listening to a record. The power will turn off approximately 20 minutes after the turntable stops. Use the power/rpm switch knob to restart playback.
7 questions already asked