About the Denon DRA-395
Denon's DRA-395 delivers great stereo sound, composite video switching, and true versatility. You also get plenty of power to make your favorite music jump to life this receiver packs 80 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 2 channels of high-quality Denon amplification! Its Signal Level Divided Construction employs separate circuit blocks for handling low-level and high-level signals. This smart design helps the DRA-395 preserve signal purity and deliver music with greater fidelity and clarity.
And check this out triple-room/dual-source capability lets you send stereo audio and composite video signals to three separate rooms simultaneously! You can enjoy one audio or video source in your main room, while housemates watch or listen to a different source in the second and third rooms (requires amplifiers or powered speakers for the second and third rooms).
The integrated AM/FM tuner features 40 presets for easy access to all your favorite stations. You also get enough inputs to hook up 3 audio components, including a turntable, and composite video switching for up to 3 video components. The Record Out Selector lets you record one source using a tape deck, MD recorder, or CD-R deck, while you listen to a second source through your speakers. And a second set of speaker outputs lets you connect an additional pair of speakers in another room without need for a second amplifier (these speakers will always play the source you've got selected for your main room).
- 80 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Signal Level Divided Construction chassis
- 3-room/2-source capability (composite video and stereo preamp outputs for 2nd and 3rd rooms)
- 40 AM/FM presets
- 3 audio (including phono) and 3 A/V (composite video) inputs
- front-panel and remote switching for 2 pairs of main speakers
- independent audio and video switching for main room
- preamp-level subwoofer output
- binding post speaker connectors
- headphone jack
- A/V remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 5-7/8"H x 16-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/Stereo receiver
- RC-894 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 1 FM Antenna adapter
- 1 AM loop antenna
- 1 FM wire antenna
- Operating Instructions (English/French)
- Warranty sheet
- "Denon Service Network" sheet
- Warranty Registration card
Denon DRA-395 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon DRA-395
Signal Level Divided Construction Chassis Design: The circuit handling low-level signals has been divided into separate blocks to ensure that influences from these signals on each other are held to an absolute minimum. This new chassis design, known as the Signal Level Divided Construction (SLDC), preserves the purity of the signal, allowing it to be reproduced with much greater fidelity and clarity.
High-Quality Power Amplifier: With 80 watts of power per channel (at 8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% THD), the DRA-395 delivers solid, reliable audio performance even when driving both A and B speaker systems at the same time.
Multi-Source Function: The DRA-395's Multi-Source function lets you enjoy two different programs, simultaneously in two or more areas of your home. You can listen to a CD or the tuner in one room, for instance, while another family member watches a DVD video or video tape in the other room. Dedicated multi-room outputs, with volume level adjustment via remote control, are provided for connection to powered speakers or an additional amplifier in Zone 2 and Zone 3. Each Zone output has stereo RCA jacks and an RCA composite video jack.
Easy Simulcast Recording: This feature not only permits reception and recording of FM/TV simulcast programs onto videotape, but it can also be used to combine, for example, the sound from a CD with the picture from a video disc.
Room-to-Room Remote Control with Remote In/Out Terminals: External remote control equipment including IR re-transmitters and IR remote receivers, such as Denon's separately available C-616/617S/617W/618 IR devices, can be connected to the DRA-395's IR remote input and output terminals. By connecting such equipment and using the supplied remote control, you can switch the sub room output on and off, select the sub room source, adjust the volume, and recall preset radio stations from the sub room.
Video Select Function: This function allows you to select a video source, and then select an alternate audio input source.
Record Out Selector: This feature lets you listen to one source, while recording another source.
Last Function Memory: This unit is equipped with a last function memory, which stores the input and output setting conditions as they were immediately before the power was switched off.
Back-Up Memory: The unit is also equipped with a back-up memory. This function provides approximately one day of memory storage when the main unit's power switch is off and the power cord is disconnected.
Remote Control: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to control the receiver and compatible Denon cassette players and CD players.
- Phones: Standard headphone jack
- FM Antenna Input: Slip-on
- AM Antenna Inputs:Spring clips
- Phono Input: Stereo RCA jacks with ground screw
- CD Input: Stereo RCA jacks
- CD-R/Tape Input/Output: Stereo RCA jacks
- DVD/VDP Input: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- V.Aux Input: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- VCR Input/Output: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jacks
- Monitor Output: RCA composite video jack
- Subwoofer Output: Mono RCA jack
- Zone 2 Output: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Zone 3 Output: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Room to Room In/Out: 2 Mini-jacks for use with compatible Denon components
- Speakers: Binding post outputs for front A and front B speakers (not 5-way, because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs and they are positioned too far apart to be used with dual banana plugs)
- AC Outlets: 2 switched AC outlets, maximum total 120W 1Amp