About the Denon HEOS HomeCinema
An advanced sound solution, without all the gear and wires
An advanced sound solution, without all the gear and wires
There's a lot to talk about with the Denon HEOS HomeCinema, so I'll start with the reason you're probably on this page — captivating TV and movie sound. Denon, known for their great A/V receivers, packed a home theater experience into an easy-to-use system that fits cleanly in your TV setup. The sound bar sits below your TV, and you can place the included wireless subwoofer anywhere there's an AC outlet — you can even hide it in the back of the room.
The sound bar can be mounted to a wall or sit in front of your TV on a stand.
You'll enjoy clear dialogue and robust effects from your shows, movies, sports, and video games. And music? Tunes will sound crisp and clear. Plus you get an entry into the Denon HEOS multi-room system, so you can play virtually any song, any time, in any room, and control it all wirelessly.
Simple connection for a serious sound boost
One wire is probably all you'll need to connect the Denon HEOS HomeCinema to your TV. Most newer TVs include HDMI with Audio Return Channel (ARC), which means you won't have to connect a separate cable for sound — just connect the sound bar with a single HDMI cable and you're done. Don't have an ARC-compatible TV? No problem. There are other connection options that will cover most TVs.
Once you're hooked up, two soft dome tweeters work together with dual mid-woofers, all bi-amped, to deliver spacious sound that will fill your room. The sub adds powerful bass for explosive, realistic effects. Denon uses the same processing found in their high-end receivers to simulate a roomful of speakers in "Surround" mode. Or you can switch over to "Dialogue Enhance" and make sure you catch every important line in a talk-heavy drama.
For movie lovers who care about music...and vice versa
The HEOS HomeCinema lends power and depth to music too. You can switch to "Music" mode to get the best sound for tunes. When connected to your Wi-Fi network, the HomeCinema opens up a world of music streaming through the speaker's stereo drivers and sub. Wireless setup is easy, thanks to the step-by-step instructions on the free HEOS app available for Apple® and Android™.
Music in every room
As good as the HomeCinema sounds on its own, what makes it truly special is how it works with other speakers in Denon's HEOS multi-room music system. Listen to the same song throughout the house, or listen to different songs on other HEOS speakers.
Listen to your music or stream from online services
HEOS offers no shortage of ways to listen to music. The free app will let you play music stored on your smartphone or tablet and create your own playlists. You can also access free online radio stations via TuneIn radio. If you're a Spotify®, TIDAL, SiriusXM, or Rhapsody subscriber, you'll have access to their huge music libraries, too. Pandora Internet radio also offers lots of choices for both free users and subscribers. Stay tuned as HEOS will be adding other popular online music services as well.
Check out all the HEOS products to create a whole-home audio system
HEOS 7 - The largest speaker in the HEOS family is great for large rooms and open floor plans.
HEOS 5 - This mid-sized speaker is perfect for medium-sized rooms like a kitchen or bedroom.
HEOS 3 - Set up this HEOS speaker in a bedroom or office.
HEOS Amp - Add HEOS to any pair of speakers with this amplified player.
HEOS Link - Enjoy HEOS through your stereo system or with powered speakers.
HEOS Extend - Extend your Wi-Fi's reach with this wireless repeater.
- powered stereo sound bar with four built-in speakers
- two 0.8" soft dome tweeters
- two midrange drivers with composite Kevlar® cones and double magnets
- bi-amplified Class D design
- Dolby® Digital and DTS decoding
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other HEOS devices
- free app for Apple and Android devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- three listening modes: Movie Surround, Dialogue Enhancer, and Music
- Night mode reduces large dynamic changes in volume for late-night listening
- Denon's Virtual Surround processing offers simulated surround sound
- learns your TV remote's commands for single-remote use (or control via the HEOS app)
- IR repeater in case the sound bar blocks your TV's remote receiver
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- 40-1/8"W x 3-1/4"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 6.17 lbs.
- two 5-1/4" woofers
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- time-aligned digital signal processing (DSP) to synchronize audio with sound bar
- 6-3/4"W x 12-3/8"H x 13-1/18"D
- weight: 14.6 lbs.
HEOS multi-room system information:
- HEOS requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- plays music stored on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV files (future support for ALAC - Apple Lossless via firmware update); sampling rates up to 16-bit/48kHz
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- bass and treble tone controls via HEOS app
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- HDMI input/output with Audio Return Channel for single-cable connection to compatible TVs (HDMI cable included)
- other audio inputs (sound/music can be distributed to other HEOS devices):
- optical and coaxial digital audio inputs (optical cable included)
- 3.5mm input for setup and connecting to a portable music player (minijack cable included)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HEOSHOMECINEMA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (w/ 57" DC cord)
- 39" AC power cord
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 39" HDMI cable
- 39" Optical cable
- 6.5' Ethernet cable
- 34" Stereo minijack cable
- 6" female minijack-to-male Stereo RCA adapter cable
- IR blaster (w/ 40" cable)
- 2 Short feet
- 2 Tall feet
- 2 Large rubber pads
- 4 Small rubber feet
- Quick Start Guide
- Wall-Mount Template
- Warranty Sheet
- HEOS Customer Service Contact Information Card
- Extended Protection Plan
- Important Safety Instructions
Denon HEOS HomeCinema reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon HEOS HomeCinema
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Virtual Surround||Virtual Surround|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Tweeter||0.75" Soft-dome (2)|
|Woofer||Rectangular Cone (2)|
|Subwoofer Driver||5.25" Cone (2)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||1080p|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||Yes|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-1/4H x 40-1/8W x 3-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||6.17 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||12-5/16H x 6-13/16W x 14-3/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||14.6 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Soundbar Speaker & Sub System: As today's flat-panel TVs get thinner and thinner, so does their sound quality. Denon's HEOS HomeCinema soundbar speaker & sub system will transform your flat-panel TV into a home theater that will envelop you in rich, room-filling sound; clear mids and detailed highs from its multi-driver high-fidelity soundbar, plus deep bass from its wireless subwoofer. Simple to set up and easy to use, the Denon HomeCinema lets you enjoy powerful, dynamic audio from your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and music.
- Active Soundbar Speaker: The HEOS HomeCinema's soundbar speaker features bi-amplified tweeters and mid-woofers with advanced DSP processing delivering clear audio especially in the vocal range. There are two 0.75" treated soft-dome tweeters with neodymium magnets that deliver extended treble response and wide dispersion. There are also dual "rectangular" mid-woofer drivers with composite Kevlar cones and double magnet motor system for higher efficiency and linearity. Each driver is powered by its own Class D amplifier with digital signal processing for great sound at any volume level.
- Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered sub features dual 5.25" woofers powered by a built-in Class D amplifier and a rear-firing port that work in tandem to deliver powerful deep bass with flat response and low distortion thanks to precision DSP audio tuning. You can adjust the subwoofer volume independently from the system volume.
Note: Do not listen to this system and your TV's built-in speakers simultaneously. Make sure to turn of your televisions speakers. If your TV does not let you turn the speakers off, then mute the audio from the TV's speakers.
Advanced 32-Bit DSP: The HEOS HomeCinema features the same powerful 400 MHz 32-bit floating point DSP engine found in Denon's AV receivers that delivers true wide range high fidelity audio, for maximum enjoyment of TV shows, movies, and your favorite music tracks.
Dolby Digital & DTS Decoding: Featuring Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, & DTS decoding, the HEOS HomeCinema decodes movie and music surround soundtracks into their original discrete channels and applies Denon's advanced proprietary DSP to deliver an immersive Virtual Surround sound experience.
Virtual Surround Processing: Exclusive Virtual Surround processing decodes discrete multi-track surround sound channels and uses advanced psycho-acoustic DSP processing algorithms to deliver an immersive surround sound experience with precision front sound-staging and enveloping surround sound, without the need for side or rear speakers. Movie and Music modes let you choose the best audio performance for blockbuster movies and your favorite music tracks.
- Movie Modes: The Movie Surround Sound mode provides an expansive and enveloping soundstage. The Dialog Enhancer mode provides increased dialog clarity especially with complex movie soundtracks.
- Music Modes: Music mode delivers a dynamic and enthralling sound quality improvement with your favorite audio tracks. You can also choose to listen in pure stereo mode, with no additional acoustic enhancement.
Audio Settings: The Denon HEOS HomeCinema system offers a variety of adjustable audio settings to enhance your listening experience.
- Dialog Enhancer: Dialog enhancer improves dialog intelligibility; ideal for movies and TV shows with complex audio soundtracks when it's often hard to discern what performers are saying.
- Dynamic Bass Boost: Denon's proprietary Dynamic Bass Boost provides advanced frequency and dynamic range tailoring to deliver deep bass while preventing distortion due to excessive overload.
- Night Mode: Night Mode lets you listen at reduced volume levels, letting you enjoy the full range audio experience without disturbing other family members. The Night Mode can be activated in stereo mode, as well as with any of the three available custom sound modes.
Mounting Options: Denon's HomeCinema home theater soundbar speaker system offers a variety of mounting options for the active soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub.
- Soundbar Placement: The soundbar of the HomeCinema should be placed as close as possible to the television screen. It should be centered left-to-right with the screen, and ideally no more than a few inches above or below. The most common location is below the screen. Sometimes this location can be difficult, because the base of the TV gets in the way. The HomeCinema has two sets of feet (0.75" & 1.25" high) that raise the soundbar speaker off the shelf, for a more stable and attractive installation when used with this type of television. If you prefer wall mounting, the soundbar features built-in keyholes that let you easily mount the soundbar directly to the wall (template included).
- Subwoofer Placement: You can place the wireless powered subwoofer practically anywhere in the room; within a wireless range of 25'. For the best sound, place the subwoofer near a wall or corner, within 19' of the soundbar speaker, and on the same side of the room as the soundbar. This compact subwoofer can be placed horizontally or vertically for the widest range of installation options. Attach the supplied non-slip stickers to the subwoofer for hardwood and tile flooring. The port on the back of the subwoofer cabinet should be unobstructed.
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Sound: The CinemaHome is also part of Denon's HEOS wireless multi-room sound system. HEOS by Denon is a wireless multi-room sound system comprising a family of network music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and speakers for your whole home. There is a free app to control them from your iOS or Android phone or tablet. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection through out your home. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To make HEOS wireless multi-room audio work in your home, you'll need.
- Denon's HEOS network audio amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers
- a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection
- a Apple iOS or Android device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network
- the free HEOS by Denon app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The Denon HEOS system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. The HomeCinema can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n). A dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. The free HEOS by Denon app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect the HomeCinema speaker system to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the speaker will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the HomeCinema wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the HomeCinema. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the speaker via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A HEOS Extend or similar wireless extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS systems in your application.
Multi-Room Configuration: By combing the HomeCinema soundbar speaker system with other Denon HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same audio source in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The Denon HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system - soundbar inputs (HDMI/Optical/Coax/Aux), select online music services, DLNA music servers, select music files stored on a USB mass storage class device, and music on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to play multiple HEOS systems together, so you're simultaneously outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, we support multiple HEOS accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora or Spotify account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
Digital & Analog Inputs (including HDMI): Denon's HomeCinema home theater soundbar speaker system offers a variety of digital & analog inputs to connect to your TV and AV gear; including HDMI, optical/coaxial digital, and analog stereo minijack. All inputs are all selected by the television button on HomeCinema's front-panel or remote, but which is active is determined by auto-priority. If only one input is receiving a signal, that input will play. If more than one input is receiving a signal, the order of priority is HDMI, Digital Optical, Digital Coaxial, and Analog.
- HDMI: Many TVs come with one of the HDMI inputs equipped with Audio Return Channel (ARC), which lets you listen to audio from a source device (such as a cable or satellite box) as well as being able to listen to audio from the TV's internal tuner or from a smart TV's built-in content streaming capabilities. Simply connect the HomeCinema's HDMI ARC output to your TV with the supplied HDMI cable, and you can enjoy audio from your set-top box as well as enjoying audio from the TV. In addition, the system offers a HDMI input for directly connecting an external AV component such as your Blu-ray player or Cable/Satellite receiver. The HDMI input will output the audio signal through the soundbar and send the video signal to the soundbar's HDMI ARC jack and your connected TV.
- Optical & Coaxial: For TVs without ARC via HDMI, you can connect the HomeCinema via one of the two available digital audio connections; both optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) digital audio inputs are provided. These digital inputs support 2ch PCM and 5.1ch Dolby Digital/DTS.
- Minijack: Additionally, Denon has included a stereo analog minijack (3.5mm) input jack that lets you connect the HomeCinema to your TV without ARC or a digital output, or to a portable music player. This connection only supports 2ch PCM.
Note: The digital optical output and HDMI ARC terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box). That's why we recommend that in addition to the HDMI ARC connection from the soundbar speaker to your TV, you should also run separate digital audio cables (optical, coaxial, or HDMI) from your satellite/cable box and Blu-ray player to the soundbar speaker for best sound performance.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Rhapsody, TuneIn, and Spotify Connect. More streaming music service coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you are able to stream your mobile device's music library to the HomeCinema speaker system. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
DLNA Certified: The Denon HomeCinema speaker system is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the HomeCinema. From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art.
USB Port: The HomeCinema is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 16/32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the speaker's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
- Music Browsing: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device to browse your connected USB device's music library by Artist, Album, Genre, or Song. You can also type in an artist name or song title to find music in your USB device's library.
- Playback Control: Basic playback control from the HEOS app includes Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist Info: You are able to view song/artist information with Album Art from your inserted USB device on the HEOS app.
Compatible Music Formats: The HomeCinema speaker system supports playback of a variety of music files; including MP3, WMA, AAC (MPEG4), WAV, ALAC (lossless), and FLAC (lossless).
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-bit||.wav|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48 kHz||16-bit||.m4A|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48 kHz||16-bit||.flac|
HEOS by Denon App: You'll want to download the HEOS by Denon App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS (5.0+) or Android (2.3+) device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up multi-room audio and enjoy online music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, or speakers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass & Treble controls.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Source: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Rhapsody, etc.; your music library from your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC, or USB thumbdrive; and inputs (HDMI/Aux/Optical/Coax) on the HomeCinema soundbar. You can also select music from Playlists you've created and your recent listening history.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
TV Remote: The HomeCinema has the ability to work with your existing TV's remote control so you can control the soundbar and your TV with just one remote. For compatibility with the broadest range of TV types and styles, the HomeCinema features the ability to re-transmit IR codes via the included IR repeater, which lets you properly position the soundbar in front of your TV and yet still easily control both the HomeCinema and the TV.
Standby Modes: The Denon HEOS HomeCinema features two standby modes to save power.
- Network Standby: To save power, the speaker system will automatically enter "Network Standby" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Network Standby as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The speaker also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" the speaker system from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
10 questions already asked