About the Denon HEOS Link (Series 1)
Add wireless music streaming to your existing stereo
Connect the HEOS Link to your existing stereo to enjoy wireless music from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or online music services like Spotify and Pandora. The Link also has inputs for connecting other music sources like disc players or or even a turntable. Send your music to HEOS speakers or components in other rooms.
Add wireless music streaming to your existing stereo
Want an easy way to send music wirelessly to your stereo or home theater system? Just connect the Denon HEOS Link to your receiver or amplifier. It allows you to listen to your entire music collection, all controlled wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. You can also send your digital music files or tunes from connected sources to other HEOS speakers and components throughout your home. The free HEOS app for your Apple® or Android™ device is your ticket to practically unlimited amounts of music, wherever and whenever you want it.
Listen to your music library or stream from online services
With the HEOS Link and the free HEOS app, there are lots of choices for enjoying music. You can play tunes stored on your smartphone, tablet, computer, or network-attached storage drive (NAS). You can also access free online radio stations via TuneIn radio. If you're a Spotify, TIDAL, SiriusXM, or Rhapsody subscriber, you'll have access to their huge music libraries, too. Pandora Internet radio also offers lots of choices for both free users and subscribers. Stay tuned as HEOS will be adding other popular online music services as well.
Connect other sources for multi-room playback
The HEOS Link has analog and digital connections for other music sources like a disc player, USB storage device, cable or satellite box, turntable, portable music player, or streaming media device. You can send music from any of these connected sources to other HEOS speakers and components throughout your home. That's right — you can spin vinyl in the living room and play it back in the kitchen and bedroom, too.
Control your music throughout your home with the free HEOS app for Apple and Android.
Built-in Wi-Fi® for easy setup
Getting your HEOS Link up and running is a snap. It works with your existing Wi-Fi network — no need to plug any device into your router. Once your HEOS Link is set up, it communicates over Wi-Fi with your smartphone or tablet via the free HEOS app, as well as with other HEOS devices to play music throughout your home. Just download the app and follow the simple instructions. An included cable allows the app to automatically transfer your Wi-Fi settings from your device for fast, easy setup.
Denon's legendary sound quality
Denon knows a few things about home audio. They've been making great home theater receivers for years, so it's no surprise that the HEOS Link offers rich sound along with plenty of connectivity. Want to fine-tune the sound? There are bass and treble controls in the HEOS app, so you can dial in the perfect tone. It's also a cool-looking, compact component, so it will fit in nicely alongside any stereo or home theater system.
It can turn on your system
When you want to play music with the HEOS Link, you'll need to power up your stereo or home theater system. The Link, via the HEOS app, can actually do it for you when you use the infrared (IR) and 12-volt trigger connections on the Link's back panel. These outputs allow you to control a compatible receiver or amplifiers. So even if you're in another room, you can get the music playing instantly.
Check out all the HEOS products to create a whole-home audio system
HEOS 7 - The largest speaker in the HEOS family is great for large rooms and open floor-plans.
HEOS 5 - This midsized speaker is perfect for medium-sized rooms like a kitchen or bedroom.
HEOS 3 - Set up this compact HEOS speaker in a bedroom or office.
HEOS HomeCinema - Dramatically improve TV sound and play your music with this sound bar and wireless sub combo.
HEOS Amp - Add HEOS to any pair of speakers with this amplified player.
HEOS Link - Enjoy HEOS through your stereo system or with powered speakers.HEOS Extend - Extend your Wi-Fi's reach with this wireless repeater.
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other HEOS devices
- free app for Apple and Android devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- plays music stored on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, SiriusXM, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app and a 3.5mm miniplug cable (included)
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV files (future support for ALAC - Apple Lossless via firmware update); sampling rates up to 16-bit/48kHz
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- can power on your receiver or amplifier with IR or 12-volt trigger connections
- side-panel volume and mute buttons
- bass and treble tone controls via HEOS app
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
Connections and Dimensions:
- analog stereo preamp outputs for connection to a home theater receiver, stereo receiver, or integrated amplifier (cable included)
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- optical digital audio input
- stereo RCA inputs
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- 3.5mm input for connecting an iPod or other portable music player
- preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- IR and 12-volt trigger outputs (IR emitter cable and direct cable included)
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- AC adapter included
- 6-1/8"W x 2-15/16"H x 5-15/16"D
- weight: 2.9 lbs.
- to connect a turntable you'll need a phono preamp
- MFR # HeosLink
What's in the box:
- Wireless pre-amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 58" Ethernet cable
- 58" Stereo minijack cable
- 42" Stereo RCA cable
- 4' IR cable
- 59" IR emittor
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Information
- Warranty Card
- Extended Protection Plan
Denon HEOS Link (Series 1) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon HEOS Link (Series 1)
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Sound: The HEOS Link is part of Denon's HEOS wireless multiroom sound system. HEOS by Denon is a wireless multi-room sound system comprising a family of network music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and speakers for your whole home. There is a free app to control them from your iOS or Android phone or tablet. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To Make HEOS work in your home, you'll need..
- Denon's HEOS network audio amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers
- a wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection
- a Apple iOS or Android device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network
- the free HEOS by Denon app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device
Note: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
Wireless Pre-Amplifier: The HEOS Link adds HEOS multiroom audio functionality to virtually any existing home audio or powered speaker system. The HEOS Link connects to your home audio system via its stereo RCA pre-amp outputs or optical and coaxial digital outputs (2ch PCM only). The analog output can be set to fixed or variable. The Link pre-amplifier also includes a mono-RCA sub output to connect a powered subwoofer.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The Denon HEOS system uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. The HEOS Link can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n). A dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. The free HEOS by Denon app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
- Wired Setup: Simply connect the HEOS Link pre-amplifier to your home network using an Ethernet cable and the pre-amplifier will appear on the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device as a new room in the Rooms screen.
- Wireless Setup: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device and the included minijack cable to connect the HEOS Link wirelessly to your home's WiFi network. During setup, you will need to connect the included minijack cable to the headphone jack of your mobile device and the Aux input of the HEOS Link. The app will then copy your mobile device's wireless network settings over to the pre-amp via the connected cable. You can add additional wireless amplifiers/speakers to the HEOS system by selecting "Add Device" from the HEOS app's settings menu.
Note: A HEOS Extend or similar wireless extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS systems in your application.
HEOS by Denon App: You'll need to download the HEOS by Denon App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store onto your Apple iOS (5.0+) or Android (2.3+) device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS wireless multiroom system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, or speakers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass & Treble controls.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services (like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Rhapsody), your music library (from your mobile device or USB device), and the unit's Aux input. You can also select music from Playlists you've created and your recent listening history.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Note: The only controls that are physically located on the HEOS Link pre-amplifier are Volume Up/Down and Mute.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, we support multiple HEOS accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora or Spotify account settings and still share all the same HEOS devices in the home.
Multi-Room Configuration: Combing the HEOS Link with other Denon HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same song in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The Denon HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to take multiple HEOS systems and play them together so you're outputting the same source information from of all of the HEOS systems at the same time. Grouping the systems will also allow for proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Rhapsody, TuneIn, and Spotify Connect. More streaming music service coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art.
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you are able to stream your mobile device's music library to the HEOS Link pre-amplifier system. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
USB Port: The HEOS Link is fitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 16/32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the pre-amp's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
- Music Browsing: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device to browse your connected USB device's music library by Artist, Album, Genre, or Song. You can also type in an artist name or song title to find music in your USB device's library.
- Playback Control: Basic playback control from the HEOS app includes Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist Info: You are able to view song/artist information with Album Art from your inserted USB device on the HEOS app.
DLNA Certified: The Denon HEOS Link is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the HEOS Link. From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art.
Compatible Music Formats: The HEOS Link supports playback of a variety of music files; including MP3, WMA, AAC (MPEG4), WAV, ALAC (lossless), and FLAC (lossless).
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-bit||.wav|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48 kHz||16-bit||.m4A|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48 kHz||16-bit||.flac|
Analog & Digital Inputs: The HEOS Link features a stereo RCA input and stereo minijack audio input to connect two external analog devices. It is also fitted with an optical (toslink) digital input for connection of an external digital device. The digital input supports 2ch PCM only.
IR Output & 12V Trigger: Connect the included infrared emitter to the HEOS Link's IR output and place it so that it's near the front-panel of your Denon component. Or, if your Denon has a direct IR input jack, you can connect the HEOS Link via the supplied IR direct cable. There's also a 12V trigger output that lets you connect the HEOS Link to other devices or products that feature a 12V trigger input, like your integrated amplifier or receiver.
1 question already asked