About the Denon Home 250
Spacious stereo sound for streaming music
The Denon Home 250 delivers spacious stereo sound in just about any room.
Spacious stereo sound for streaming music
The Denon Home 250 speaker looks right at home on a shelf in your home office or living room. And it delivers rich, spacious stereo sound from a variety of sources. Stream from your smartphone with Bluetooth, or access your favorite online music services via Wi-Fi. You can also play music from your computer or just pop a flash drive into the Home 250's USB port. Flexible HEOS Built-in technology makes it all easy.
Exceptional audio performance
The Home 250 features four high-quality speakers. Two 3/4" tweeters give you clean, clear highs. Two 4" mid-bass drivers provide rich, detailed sound, with a 5-1/4" passive bass radiator to reinforce the lowest frequencies. Each driver is powered by its own Class D amplifier to ensure accurate responsiveness and balanced, stereo sound.
Add other HEOS Built-in speakers throughout the house
Start by downloading the free HEOS app to your smartphone or tablet. The app lets you make your Home 250 speaker part of a wireless multi-room audio system with other compatible speakers and components. Play one song in the bedroom while you listen to a podcast in the den.
You can pair two Home 250 speakers for stereo sound in a single room. Or use a pair of Home 250s as wireless rear channel speakers with a Denon DHT-S716H sound bar and a DSW-1H subwoofer. Now you've got an impressive-sounding wireless 5.1 surround sound system.
Music sources galore
HEOS Built-in opens the gateway to a wide array of music options. Play the music stored on your smartphone or tablet, and the downloads stored on a networked server or computer. That includes your high-resolution music, like FLAC and DSD files.
There's also support for Spotify®, TIDAL, Amazon Music HD, SiriusXM, Deezer, and other popular streaming services. Pull up a new song or podcast on SoundCloud, or stream internet radio from TuneIn. (Subscriptions required for some services.)
Compatible with Apple AirPlay 2
Apple AirPlay 2 is built into the Home 250. That means you can stream audio content directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your speaker. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix® movies.
- built-in Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for easy and stable connection to your network and the internet
- stereo speaker with built-in drivers (two 4" mid-bass woofers and two 3/4" tweeters), each powered by a separate Class D amplifier
- 5-1/4" passive bass radiator for enhanced low-frequency response
- proximity-sensing controls light up as your hand approaches
HEOS Built-in features:
- wireless multi-room audio capability with Denon HEOS Built-in components
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- available from Apple® App Store, Google Play, and Amazon App Store
- plays music stored on device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Deezer, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- works with Google Assistant voice control devices
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- plays Direct Stream Digital (DSD) files (.dff and .dsf formats up to 5.6MHz resolution)
- threaded insert for wall-mounting (with optional bracket)
- configure two Home 250 speakers for stereo playback (second speaker available separately)
- use a pair of Home 250s as surround speakers in a wireless 5.1 setup works with Denon DHT-S716H sound bar and DSW-1H subwoofer (available separately)
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive; music can be streamed to other HEOS Built-in devices
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player; music can be streamed to other HEOS built-in devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router
- AC power cable included
- 11-9/16"W x 8-1/2"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 8.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DENONHOME250BK
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- 6.5" AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Warranty Information
- Mounting Caution note
Denon Home 250 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon Home 250
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Amazon Music||Amazon Music HD|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Denon Home Series: The Denon Home Series with HEOS fills your home with superb wireless sound. The Denon Home Series is comprised of the wireless audio speakers - The Denon Home 250, 250, and 350. These high-resolution audio wireless speakers give you convenient access to your music thanks to HEOS Built-in technology. Using the HEOS app (for Apple iOS and Android OS), the Denon Home Series speakers can be easily connected and expanded throughout the home to other HEOS Built-in products, including Denon's lineup of AVRs, speakers, soundbars and Hi-Fi equipment (all sold separately). The new Denon Home wireless speaker system delivers reference quality playback without the complexity of traditional Hi-Fi separates.
- With Denon Home Series and HEOS, you can stream your favorite songs from Amazon Music HD, Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, TIDAL and more; as well as high-resolution files stored on USB drives, smartphones or networks via WiFi, AirPlay 2, or even Bluetooth.
- You can also group Denon Home Series speakers with other AirPlay 2 devices and HEOS Built-in products; like AV receivers, Hi-Fi systems, soundbars, and speakers to fill your home with detailed, expansive sound. Play different music in each room, or group devices together to stream the same music throughout the home.
Denon Home 250 Wireless Speaker: Perfect for large spaces in the home, the Denon Home 250 features a 2-way stereo driver design with two premium 0.75" soft dome tweeters and two 3.9375" woofers powered by six Class-D amplifiers, plus a rear-firing 5.25" passive radiator for dynamic room-filling stereo sound from a single speaker. The Denon Home 250 offers outstanding high-resolution music playback, incredible detail, and ease-of-use. The Denon Home 250 has been designed from the ground-up, leveraging Denon's expertise in Hi-Fi amplification, DSP engineering and sound master tuning for high fidelity sound with clear highs and deep lows. You can adjust the speaker's Bass & Treble from the HEOS app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- Stereo Pairing: Pair two Denon Home 250 speakers using the HEOS app and enjoy true stereo sound. One Denon Home 250 speaker works as left channel, while the other Denon 150 speaker works as the right channel - giving you wireless Hi-Fi quality stereo sound.
- Wireless Subwoofer: If you need more bass, you can simply add Denon's DSW-1H wireless powered subwoofer (sold separately).
- Wireless Surround: You can connect a pair of Denon Home 250 speakers with Denon's DHT-S716H soundbar and a DSW-1H subwoofer (all sold separately) to create a 5.1ch home theater setup with wireless surrounds and wireless powered subwoofer.
HEOS Wireless Multiroom Sound: The Denon Home 250 is part of the HEOS wireless multiroom audio eco-system - comprising of a family of wireless network speakers, AV receivers, amplifiers, & pre-amplifiers for your whole home. There is a free HEOS app to control them from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection through out your home. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To make HEOS wireless multi-room audio work in your home, you'll need the following.
- HEOS built-in network audio speakers, receiver amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers.
- A wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection.
- An Apple iOS or Android mobile device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network.
- The free HEOS app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, multiple HEOS accounts can be setup in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, etc. account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
Multi-Room Configuration: Combing the Denon Home 250 with other HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same song in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Sources: Online music services, DLNA content, Bluetooth audio, USB audio, Apple iOS/Android device's music library, and the Aux input can be distributed to multiple HEOS products for multiroom/multisource playback.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/players/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to take multiple HEOS systems and play them together, so you're outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems at the same time. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
Hi-Res & Audiophile-Grade Synchronization: To deliver a true audiophile listening experience for high-resolution music playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz) with multiple HEOS speakers & players at once, each HEOS player and speaker must be synchronized to an extremely high degree. Based on years of meticulous research, HEOS delivers unparalleled synchronization performance within microseconds for exceptional high-resolution music playback.
- The Denon Home 250, as well as other HEOS built-in Gen 2 and up products, will distribute high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) throughout your home to other Denon Home Series and HEOS Gen 2-up products; without any down-sampling.
- The Denon Home 250, as well as other HEOS built-in Gen 2 and up products, will down-sample high-resolution music files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) to CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) and then distribute the music throughout your home to older HEOS Gen 1 products.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The Denon Home 250 and Heos uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for whole-house audio entertainment. The Denon Home 250 can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHZ) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection for high-resolution music playback. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network.
Note: A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
AC Power: The Denon Home 250 comes with a detachable 6.5' AC power cord that plugs into the back of the speaker and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). There are 3 power modes to choose from.
- Quick Start: To save power, the speaker will automatically enter "Quick Start Mode" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Quick Start Mode as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The speaker also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" a speaker from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
- Off: To completely turn off the power to the speaker you must remove the mains plug from the back of the speaker.
Note: The Denon Home 250 speaker is not battery powered.
Mounting Options: You can place the Denon Home 250 speaker almost anywhere you want to enjoy great sounding music. This compact wireless audio speaker can simply be placed on a flat tabletop surface; such as a countertop, desk, endtable, or av stand. Please follow these simple guidelines when determining where to place the Denon Home 350 speaker.
- The Denon Home 250 speaker must be within range of your wireless network.
- The wireless audio speaker must be near an AC power outlet.
- The Denon Home 250 speaker is designed to sound best when placed 3-12" from a wall.
- Locate the speaker at least 12" from a television, computer, or other display device to avoid the possibility of interference.
- Place the speaker across the room from where you will be listening, as close to ear level as possible.
Note: Thi speaker is not waterproof. Do not place it near any water source and do not leave it outside in the rain or snow.
Integrated Carry Handle: The Denon Home 250 speaker has an intergrated carry handle that allows you to move it around the house with you. However, it is not battery powered, so you'll need to unplug and plug it back into an AC outlet when moving it around your home.
High Resolution & Compressed Music Formats: The Denon Home 250 supports compatibility with high-resolution audio files for the ultimate listening experience via select online music services, DLNA, and USB. Listen to uncompressed WAV (PCM), ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), and FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) music files up to 24-bit/192-kHz; as well as DSD (2.8/5.6MHz). HEOS is also compatible with compressed music files - such as MP3, WMA, and AAC (MPEG4).
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, and Amazon Music. More streaming music services coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels. These online music services can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported HEOS devices from the HEOS App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
AirPlay 2 w/ Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Denon Home 250 and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Denon Home 250 speaker. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Denon Home 250 speaker.
Note: AirPlay 2 does not support multiroom audio distribution via HEOS. Multiroom audio distribution can only be done with other AirPlay 2 compatible devices (sold separately).
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you are able to stream your mobile device's stored music library to the Denon Home 250 speaker system. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library. Your device's music library can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
USB Port: The Denon Home 250 is outfitted with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the speaker's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. USB audio can be distributed other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Music Browsing: Use the HEOS app on your mobile device to browse your connected USB device's music library by Artist, Album, Genre, or Song. You can also type in an artist name or song title to find music in your USB device's library.
- Playback Control: Basic playback control from the HEOS app includes Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track.
- Song/Artist Info: You are able to view song/artist information with Album Art from your inserted USB device on the HEOS app.
Note: It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the USB port of this unit using a USB cable.
DLNA Certified: The Denon Home 250 speaker is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the Denon Home 250. From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. DLNA music content can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Roon Tested: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play on the Denon speaker and any other Roon enabled audio devices. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and DSD) collected on hard drives and networked storage devices. It can also integrate your iTunes library, and optionally merge with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon software can be installed on your Windows or Mac computer, while a Roon Remote app is available for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+). When you access the Roon software or remote app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with the available Denon speaker and other Roon enabled devices. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Denon spekaer or Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
- To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Denon speaker. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or component (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
- Make sure your Denon product has the latest firmware/software update installed.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Denon Home 250 offers built-in Bluetooth, so you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the wireless powered speaker. You will continue to control music playback and view song/artist information from your Bluetooth-enabled source device. Bluetooth audio can be streamed to one speaker at a time, or distributed to other HEOS products over the network for multiroom audio playback.
Note: It is possible to connect the Denon Home 250 speaker via Bluetooth without using the HEOS app or having a network connection.
Aux Input: The Denon Home 250 features a rear-panel 3.5mm AUX input for connection of almost any portable audio device with a headphone or audio output jack. The Aux input is selectable from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The sound from the analog audio device can be played directly on the selected speaker or digitized and sent over your network to other HEOS speakers and players.
Note: It is possible to use the Aux input without using the HEOS app or having a network connection.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device. The app is required and provides everything you need to set up and enjoy music on the HEOS system. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, or speakers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass & Treble controls.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music: You can select which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, etc.; your music library from your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC, or USB thumbdrive; and the unit's built-in Bluetooth or Aux input. You can also select music from Playlists you've created and your recent listening history.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Proximity Sensing Controls: The Denon Home 250's proximity sensing high-end interface is activated as soon as your hand approaches. The capacitive buttons light up for you to touch, allowing for seamless control of the Denon Home 250. The touch senstive controls consist of Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, and Quick Select buttons. The three Quick Select buttons provide fast access to your favorite internet radio stations and online music services.
Alexa Compatible: HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (such as the Amazon Echo - sold separately). You'll need to download the the Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device to setup and enable Alexa voice control. Voice control functions include -
- Alexa voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power (on/off). Plus, you can even use Alexa to switch inputs on HEOS enabled AV receivers and soundbars.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Echo Show, etc. - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Your HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
Google Assistant Support: Ask your Google Home speaker or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole. You'll need to download the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device to setup and enable Google Assistant Support.
- A future firmware update (no ETA) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
- Click here for more info on Google Assistant for HEOS.
Note: You will need a Google Home or Google Assistant-enabled device (sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Your HEOS components and the Google Assistant-enabled device must be on the same network. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
Built-In Mics (Future Firmware Update): The Denon Home 250 will come equipped with two microphones for future built-in voice assistant support. These microphones will be disabled and not functional until a future software update is available (no ETA). At that time, you'll be able enable the microphones if your wish via the HEOS app.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to the Denon Home 250 via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
The Denon Home 250 replaces these items
- play high-resolution music, Internet radio, Pandora®, Spotify®, and more over Wi-Fi with the free HEOS app for your smartphone or tablet
- built-in Bluetooth® lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- mid-sized speaker with two tweeters, two midrange drivers, and a passive radiator
3 questions already asked