About the Denon Home Subwoofer
Boost your Denon Home system's bass
The Denon Home Subwoofer is stylish and compact, making it easy to add powerful bass to your wireless Denon Home system. (AC power required.)
Boost your Denon Home system's bass
The Denon Home Subwoofer can wirelessly pair with any of Denon's Home speakers and the Denon Home Sound Bar 550 (sold separately), adding clean, impactful bass to your entertainment. Denon's HEOS built-in technology lets you enjoy true 5.1 home theater sound without running speaker wires all over your floor. (Just remember, the speakers and sub will still need to plug into AC power.)
Easy wireless setup with HEOS
You can pair the sub to your Denon Home speakers or sound bar in seconds. Just plug it into a wall outlet, press a button on the back of the sub, and you're good to go.
Once connected to another Denon Home product, this Denon Home Subwoofer ties into the HEOS wireless multi-room audio ecosystem. The sub automatically adjusts its sound settings to blend with your HEOS system when you pair it.
You can control the subwoofer and your other HEOS components with the intuitive HEOS app on your smartphone or tablet. There's a set of simple back-panel controls and a remote included in the box, too.
You can even pop a thumb drive loaded with music files into the sub's USB port, and stream that music out to your other HEOS gear.
- wireless subwoofer for Denon Home speakers and the Denon Home Sound Bar 550
- 8" woofer delivers deep bass impact for your favorite movies and music
- compact size and streamlined look makes it easy to add to most rooms
- back-panel buttons for volume and mute
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for a strong wireless connection
- control your HEOS system with the HEOS app for your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- free download from the Apple® App Store and Google Play
- provides multi-room wireless audio playback with other HEOS components
- audio settings are set automatically to balance the sub with your existing HEOS system
Connections and general info:
- USB-A input for high-res music playback from a thumb drive
- music stored on a thumb drive can be streamed from the sub to connected HEOS speakers
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- includes remote control
- requires AC power, cable included
- 13"W x 14-1/2"H x 13"D
- weight: 27.51 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DenonHomeSub
What's in the box:
Denon Home Subwoofer owner's manual
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Denon Home Subwoofer reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Denon Home Subwoofer
Features & specs
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||Not given|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Wireless Powered Sub
Network Multiroom Audio
Wireless Powered Sub
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Denon Home Sub is a wireless powered subwoofer designed to connect wirelessly over a WiFi network connection to your Denon Home Series wireless powered speakers or soundbar systems. The Denon Home Sub is equipped with a dowing-firing 8" high-output, long-throw woofer powered by a built-in Class D amplifier that delivers dynamic, clear, room-filing bass. The Denon Home Sub utilizes a low resonance cabinet with an optimized tuned down-firing port for high efficiency, big bass response, and flexible placement.
Denon Home Series Compatibility: The Denon Home Sub is compatible with select Denon Home Series wireless powered speakers and active soundbar speaker systems. It can be utilized in a variety of speaker setups.
- Stereo Speakers with Sub: Configure a 2.1ch speaker setup with the Denon Home Sub and a pair of Denon Home speakers ( 150, 250, or 350) - all sold separately.
- Soundbar with Sub: Add Denon's Home Soundbar 550 and the Denon Home Sub (both sold separately) to your flat-panel TV for more impactful sound from your television programs.
- Soundbar & Surrounds with Sub: Create a complete home theater surround system with Denon's Home Soundbar 550 , the Denon Home Sub, plus a pair of Denon Home speakers (150, 250, or 350) - all sold separately.
Note: The Denon Home Sub can only be used with the above HEOS products. It cannot be used with older HEOS products and non HEOS gear.
Wired or Wireless Network Connectivity: The Denon Home Sub uses your home's wireless (WiFi) network for connection to your compatible HEOS speaker, receiver, amplifier, or preamplifier. The Denon Home Sub can connect to your home's network via Ethernet (RJ-45) or dual-WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4GHz/5GHz). At least a dual-band (2.4/5GHz) "N" router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection. The free HEOS app for Apple iOS and Android is used for wireless (WiFi) setup with your home's network
Note: A WiFi extender (sold separately) may be necessary if your network's wireless signal is weak to some of the HEOS speakers or players in your application.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device in order to setup, configure, connect, and control the Denon Home Sub. The HEOS app is also used to setup and control the rest of your HEOS speaker system. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the HEOS speaker system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network. You also get access to Bass, Treble, and Subwoofer levels.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and HDMI, Digital (optical/coaxial), or Aux inputs; as well as Bluetooth. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Source Inputs: The Denon Home Sub is even equipped with its own source inputs (including AUX and USB) for your connected HEOS speaker system.
- Aux Input: The Denon Home Sub also has a rear-panel stereo analog minijack (3.5mm) input jack that lets you connect an external audio source with an analog output or headphone jack.
- USB Port: The Denon Home Sub features rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files from a USB mass storage class memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT 32). You'll be able to control your USB device's music and view song/artist info from the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the speaker's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. USB audio can be distributed other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Note: It is not possible to connect and use a computer via the USB port of this unit using a USB cable. The USB port does not support Apple iOS or Android devices. USB hubs and card-readers are not supported.
Mounting Options: Because the Denon Home Sub is wireless, it can be placed practically anywhere in the room as your Denon wireless speakers or soundbar. For optimum results, the wireless powered sub should be placed along the same wall and in close proximity to your Denon speakers or soundbar. Even though the Denon Home Sub is wireless, it still requires an AC power outlet connection. Make sure there is an AC power outlet connection nearby the sub.
Note: The Denon Home Sub must be within range of your wireless network.
AC Power w/ Standby Modes: The Denon Home Sub will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet. It comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord. The Denon Home Sub by Denon features two standby modes to save power.
- Network Standby: To save power, the Denon Home Sub will automatically enter "Network Standby" whenever there is no network access or playback for 20 minutes and will automatically resume to full power whenever the speaker is selected and playing music. There is no visible indicator or LED that will show that the speaker is in Network Standby as it is a fully automatic function.
- Deep Standby: The Denon Home Sub also has the ability to automatically enter "Deep Standby" whenever the wired or wireless network connection is removed for more than 60 minutes. The front panel LED will turn off during Deep Standby. To "wake" the speaker system from Deep Standby, you must press the volume or mute buttons which will immediately turn on the front panel LED.
Firmware Updates: Firmware and software updates from HEOS are delivered to HEOS products via your home network's Internet connection. When such updates become available, you will be notified when you open the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Network Multiroom Audio
HEOS Wireless Multiroom Sound: The Denon Home Sub is part of the HEOS wireless multiroom audio eco-system - comprising of a family of wireless network speakers, AV receivers, amplifiers, & pre-amplifiers for your whole home. There is a free HEOS app to control them from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can enjoy your favorite streaming music services, internet radio, or your own music collection through out your home. Plus, set-up is intuitive and simple. To make HEOS wireless multi-room audio work in your home, you'll need the following.
- HEOS built-in network audio speakers, receiver amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers.
- A wireless (WiFi) home network with internet connection.
- An Apple iOS or Android mobile device connected to your home wireless (WiFi) network.
- The free HEOS app downloaded on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Multi-Room Configuration: Combing multiple HEOS wireless music amplifiers and speakers (sold separately), you can configure a true wireless multi-room sound system in your home. You can play the same song in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room. The HEOS wireless audio system automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple speakers so that the audio coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync with great sound.
- Sources: Online music services, DLNA content, Bluetooth audio, USB audio, Apple iOS/Android device's music library, and the Aux input can be distributed to multiple HEOS products for multiroom/multi-source playback.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS music amplifiers, pre-amplifiers, and/or speakers (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/players/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: A Group refers to the HEOS App's ability to take multiple HEOS systems and play them together, so you're outputting the same source information from all the HEOS systems at the same time. Grouping the systems will also allow proper synchronization to all systems so you should never hear an audio delay between the HEOS systems.
Online Music Services: You'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, and Amazon Music. More streaming music services coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels. These online music services can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported HEOS devices from the HEOS App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar
- TuneIn: The HEOS system includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
AirPlay 2 w/ Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Denon Home 150 and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Denon Home 150 speaker. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Denon Home 150 speaker.
Note: AirPlay 2 does not support multiroom audio distribution via HEOS. Multiroom audio distribution can only be done with other AirPlay 2 compatible devices (sold separately).
Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you are able to stream your mobile device's stored music library to the Denon Home 150 speaker system. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library. Your device's music library can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
- Playlists: You can save the Now Playing queue as a HEOS Playlist that you can recall later. The new playlist will be available from the Playlists button on the Music tab on the HEOS controller app.
- Music Sharing: The HEOS App also has a feature called "Music Sharing" which can share the local music stored on your mobile device to other HEOS app users on your home network. The name of the mobile device you are sharing from will appear as a new Local Music source allowing other HEOS controller apps to browse and play music on your device from their device.
DLNA Certified: The Denon Home 150 speaker is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant. This allows you to wirelessly stream a variety of high-resolution and compressed music files stored on your network connected Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drives to the Denon Home 150. From the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device you can browse music files, control playback and view song/artist information with album art. DLNA music content can be distributed to other HEOS products connected to your home network.
Roon Tested: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play on the Denon speaker and any other Roon enabled audio devices. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and DSD) collected on hard drives and networked storage devices. It can also integrate your iTunes library, and optionally merge with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon software can be installed on your Windows or Mac computer, while a Roon Remote app is available for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+). When you access the Roon software or remote app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with the available Denon speaker and other Roon enabled devices. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Denon speaker or Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
- To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Denon speaker. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or component (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
- Make sure your Denon product has the latest firmware/software update installed.
HEOS Account: Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too. If you prefer, multiple HEOS accounts can be setup in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, etc. account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home..
Very nice sub that completes your Denon Home speaker system Adding this sub made my Home 350 and 2 150's sound a lot deeper Like night and day difference very impressed of the sound of all the speakers put together
Darrel from Vicksburg, MI