About the Denon PMA60
Big sound from a compact integrated amplifier
Big sound from a compact integrated amplifier
The Denon PMA-60 can be placed vertically on a desktop or shelf.
Need to set up a small stereo system in a bedroom, office, or dorm? The Denon PMA-60 packs the powerful big-system punch you crave into a compact package that fits almost anywhere. Stand it on its side for placement on a desktop or shelf, or lay it flat in a cabinet or rack — it will automatically detect its orientation and adjust the OLED display accordingly.
With its array of digital and analog inputs, built-in DAC, and Bluetooth, the PMA-60 is ready to play great-sounding music from a variety of sources. This little amp makes MP3- and CD-quality music sound great, plus it decodes high-res audio files for better-than-CD audio quality. Denon's advanced AL32 processing upsamples non-high-res digital audio, so even compressed music sounds better. Want to enjoy your music without disturbing others? The PMA-60's built-in high-quality headphone amp accommodates all sorts of headphones.
- 25 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms at 0.07% THD
- 50 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms at .7% THD
- high-performance Class D amplifier technology
- USB input for playback of high-resolution digital music files from a connected computer (PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz; DSD files up to 11.2MHz)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- aptX® Low Latency Decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices and eliminates lip sync issues when playing back audio from video sources
- Multi-Point Bluetooth allows three devices to be connected simultaneously
- NFC (Near Field Communication) for instant Bluetooth pairing with NFC-enabled devices
- built-in high-performance headphone amplifier with adjustable gain settings to accommodate low, medium, and high impedance headphones
- exclusive Denon Advanced AL32 processor upconverts and upsamples all non-high-res digital input signals to 32-bit/192kHz for improved detail and clarity with softer, low-level sounds
- noise-isolating circuit design prevents distortion via USB connection from computer
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control and balance circuits for cleaner sound
- can be placed horizontally or vertically
- OLED display with automatic display orientation detects vertical or horizontal placement and adjusts display accordingly
- USB (Type B) input for connection to a computer
- two optical digital audio inputs
- one RCA coaxial digital audio input
- one pair RCA analog audio inputs
- RCA subwoofer preamp output
- full-size 1/4" (6.3mm) headphone jack
- binding post speaker connectors
- remote control
- 7-7/8"W x 3-7/16"H x 9-1/2"D (horizontal orientation)
- weight: 6 lbs.
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in your TV's audio menu. The built-in DAC cannot decode multi-channel Dolby® Digital signals.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMA-60
What's in the box:
- Integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 47" USB-A to USB-B cable
- Remote control (RC-1220)
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- 4 Caps
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Warranty Information
- Extended Protection Plan brochure
More details on the Denon PMA60
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||25|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||50|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||PCM, DSD|
|Total Analog Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Stereo Class D Amplifier: The Denon PMA-60's amplifier section incorporates DDFA technology from CSR. The unique DDFA architecture employs a fast and highly accurate digital feedback loop to create digital input Class D audio switching amplifiers that set new standards in digital amplifier sound quality. The patented closed loop architecture features global feedback for each amplifier channel processed in the digital domain, compensating for output stage distortions, output filter non-linearities, and power supply variations. The PMA-60's Class D amplifier is rated at 25 watts x 2 channels (at 1kHz/into 8Ω) or 50 Watts x 2 channels (at 1kHz/into 4Ω); it delivers superior audio fidelity and high efficiency.
Denon Proprietary Technologies: The PMA-60 features Denon's original sound technologies such as Advanced AL32 Processing and DAC Master Clock design developed for premium Hi-Fi components, to dramatically enhance the music listening experience. Your favorite digital audio tracks will have never sounded better.
- Advanced AL32 Processing Plus: For the ultimate fidelity with 16-bit, 20-bit and 24-bit digital audio tracks, the PMA-60 features Denon's Advanced AL32 Processing Plus technology. Featured on Denon's premium audiophile disc players and digital audio components, Advanced AL32 Processing Plus upconverts, digitally filters and noise-shapes lower bit data to full 32-bits, delivering remarkable dynamic range and noticeably better low level resolution.
- DAC Master Clock Design: In order to reduce jitter, the Master Clock is re-generated in the PWM modulator. This Denon Master Clock design ensures that sound is correctly localized and your sound is thoroughly realistic & natural.
Tone Controls + Source Direct: You can independently adjust the system's overall Bass & Treble settings from -8 to +8 dB. You can also balance between the left & right channels. The Source Direct feature bypasses the integrated amp's tone control for purer sound quality.
Speaker & Subwoofer Outputs: The premium grade binding-post connectors let you connect speaker cables via bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual). Connect speakers with 4-16Ω impedances. A mono-subwoofer pre-out is also available for adding even more bass to the sound.
Dedicated Headphone Amplifier: The Denon PMA-60 is equipped with a dedicated headphone amplifier circuit that features a high speed ultra-low distortion wideband op amp that's paired with a fully discrete final output stage. In order to accommodate the widest range of headphone types, the PMA-60 features an adjustable headphone impedance control, with three settings for low, medium, and high impedance headphones; these provide proper matching of headphone impedance and amplifier gain. The headphone jack features a 1/4" connector for compatibility with premium home and professional studio headphone models. When a set of headphones are plugged into the front-panel 1/4" jack, audio will longer be output from the unit's speaker terminals.
USB-B Input for Computer Audio: Via the USB-B input, you can connect your Mac or PC to the PMA-60 and enjoy high resolution audio tracks. The PMA-60 can play high resolution PCM files of up to 32-bits/384kHz along with high resolution DSD 2.8/5.6/11.2 MHz files (DSD is the advanced digital audio coding system of SACD). Using the USB-B connection will bypass your Computer's inferior soundcard to directly access the high quality audio processing of the PMA-60 internal USB-DAC. To eliminate PC-induced digital noise via the USB input, the PMA-60 features a dedicated noise isolation block prior to the digital amplifier. A USB-A to USB-B cable is included.
|OS||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10||OS X 10.10, 10.11 or macOS 10.12|
|USB||USB 2.0: USB High speed/USB Audio Class Ver.2.0|
Note: Before connecting this unit to your Windows PC via USB, you will need to install the driver software from Denon's website onto your computer.
Digital & Analog Inputs: In addition to the USB-B input, the PMA-60 features two optical (toslink) digital audio inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital audio input. The digital inputs support Linear PCM signals with a sampling frequency of 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96 , 176.4, or 192kHz (multi-channel Dolby Digital/DTS signals are not supported). There's also a stereo (RCA) analog input for connection to legacy analog sources.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming w/ aptX: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for A2DP 1.3 and AVRCP 1.5, you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer to the Denon PMA-60 integrated amplifier (up to 33'). You can even control Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from the included remote. For CD-quality audio playback from Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone/tablets and other aptX-compatible devices, the PMA-60 features the latest generation Qualcomm aptX Low Latency decoding, which provides optimum time synchronization when playing back audio from video sources with no lip sync issues. The unit does not support song/artist/album information display.
- Simple Pairing: The PMA-60 features quick and easy pairing via the Bluetooth button on the front-panel. Simply activate the Bluetooth function on your device, press the Bluetooth button on the front-panel or the remote control and when prompted, enter the supplied 4 digit passcode (if required) on your device. Your device and the PMA-60 are instantly paired and up to 8 devices can be remembered.
- NFC: For even faster pairing with Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone/tablets and other NFC-enabled devices, the PMA-60 features NFC (Near Field Communication). Simply activate your NFC-enabled Bluetooth device and place it next to the "N" mark on the PMA-60 (located on the side-panel), and it's instantly paired with no need for manual passcode entry.
- Multi-Point Connection: Plus, the PMA-60 features Multi-point Bluetooth connectivity which allows 3 Bluetooth-enabled devices to be connected simultaneously. Play tracks from one device and when it's paused or stopped and another paired device's play function is activated the PMA-60 automatically switches to that device. The front-panel display shows the name of the currently selected Bluetooth device.
Optional Matching Disc Player: The ideal companion to the PMA-60 full digital stereo amplifier, Denon's DCD-50 disc player (033DCD50, sold separately) features a high quality disc drive that plays music CDs as well as data discs with MP3 and WMA tracks. Styled identically to the PMA-60, the DCD-50 features an elegant compact chassis that can be operated when placed horizontally or vertically.
Compact Chassis w/ Vertical or Horizontal Placement: The stylish and elegant compact chassis features deluxe finishes including soft aluminum matte with bright silver tone accents and glossy and matte black surfaces. It is sized to fit just about anywhere, including home and office desktops, home studios. The PMA-60 can be positioned horizontally as well as vertically; removable feet and screw caps make re-configuring simple.
- Horizontal Dimensions: 7.875" (w) x 3.375" (h) x 11.4375" (d)
- Vertical Dimensions: 3.1875" (w) x 8.125" (h) x 11.4375" (d)
OLED Screen: The OLED screen shows the source selected via graphical icons and text as well as the sampling frequency and data format of digital sources (it does not display song/artist information). The display brightness can be adjusted between three levels. The PMA-60 features an automatic display orientation function that detects if the amplifier is mounted vertically or horizontally and adjusts the display accordingly.
IR Remote: The supplied IR wireless remote control features an ergonomically-designed layout that includes a cursor keypad, source select and volume controls, setup menu and back buttons; as well as a Bluetooth button and a display dimmer button. The remote does not provide playback controls.
Auto Standby: When there is no input signal and no operation for approximately 30 minutes, this unit automatically enters Standby mode to conserve power and energy.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?