About the Escort Passport 8500 X50
The pros at Escort took their classic Passport 8500 X50 radar detector and gave it a big upgrade, with 40% better performance and exciting features that'll keep you better informed. It also sports a sleek design with a black finish, so it looks as cool as you'll feel when you drive under its protection.
Coverage you can count on
The 8500 X50's "V-tuned" receiver boasts long-range capability for nearly all radar bands, especially the common X, K, and Ka bands. Digital signal processing means you'll get faster warnings over greater distances. Multiple laser sensors give you full coverage in just about every direction.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Escort's proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and weeds them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
The Passport 8500 X50 maintains the solid SmartShield VG-2 immunity of its predecessor, so it'll be invisible to most radar detector detectors. It offers nine programmable features and three sensitivity modes, including AutoSensitivity that lowers sensitivity as your speed decreases. The 280-LED alphanumeric display keeps you informed with easy-to-read text and signal meters. You can adjust the display's brightness or go fully dark for nighttime driving.
Escort includes a nice travel case and an easy-to-use mounting bracket in the box. The coiled SmartCord adapter features an alert LED for visual alerts, even when in dark mode, as well as a mute button for when you need to keep things quiet.
Add Escort Live!™ for extra protection
The Passport 8500 X50 is compatible with the Escort Live! service, which allows you to track real-time radar threats in your vicinity using your Bluetooth® enabled smartphone and the free Escort Live! app. Your phone's GPS information provides access to reported radar data from other Escort Live! users in your vicinity, and you can report radar hotspots so others driving in your wake will know about potential encounters. You'll need to purchase an Escort Live! cord for your iPhone® or Android™ phone, and a subscription fee is also required to use the Escort Live! service.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector
- coiled SmartCord, travel case, and quick-release windshield mount
- digital and audio alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- 3 sensitivity modes: AutoSensitivity (speed-based), highway, and city
- 360° laser protection
- SmartShield VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 9 programmable features
- red 280 LED alphanumeric display
- Mute and AutoMute modes
- headphone jack
- compatible with Escort Live! real-time service through smartphone app
- dimensions: 2-7/8"W x 1-5/16"H x 5-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 80-000085-14
What's in the box:
- Radar detector
- EasyMount windshield mounting bracket
- Coiled SmartCord with cigarette lighter adapter on one end and an RJ11 modular plug on the other end
- Semi-hard travel case
- Owner's Manual
- Accessories booklet
- Customer letter from Escort CEO
- 2 Escort DS decals
Escort Passport 8500 X50 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort Passport 8500 X50
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Enhanced 360-Degree Radar And Laser Detection: The Passport 8500 X50 radar detector delivers extreme long-range warning on all radar bands including X, K, Superwide Ka, Ku and instant-on POP modes. Multiple front and rear laser sensors provide 360 degree laser protection, including a wide field of view.
VG-2 Protection: This unit uses a SmartShield VG2 Immunity to make it invisible to radar detector detectors.
Traffic Signal Rejection: The Passport 8500 X50 utilizes Traffic Signal Rejection to eliminate false alerts due to location or certain frequencies. Radar-based traffic flow sensors, mounted along major highways, transmit strong K-band signals for a half-second approximately every minute. These signals help produce traffic flow data for personal navigation devices, but also create numerous false radar alerts. Escort's proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software, found in the 8500 X50, helps eliminate annoying false alerts.
Advanced EZ-Programming: The Passport 8500 X50 can be easily customized to your driving preferences. The EZ-Programming features include: Power-on Indication, Power-on Sequence, Signal Strength Meter, AutoMute, Audio tones, City Mode Sensitivity, Display Brightness, Dark Mode, and your choice of Radar and Laser bands.
Enhanced Radar Detection: The Passport 8500 X50 features enhanced "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides long-range warning on all radar types. Digital signal processing provides maximum range and minimizes false alarms. The unit offers three radar sensitivity settings:
- Auto: In Auto mode the unit provides real-time radar performance based on your vehicle's speed. As your vehicle speed increases, the radar sensitivity (X and K-band) is set to maximum range. As your vehicle speed decreases, the radar sensitivity (X and K-band only) is minimized to further reduce unwanted false alarms. Full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
- Highway: Highway mode provides maximum sensitivity on all bands.
- City: City modes reduces X-band sensitivity and full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
Variable-Speed Radar: The Passport 8500 X50 AutoSensitivity mode varies radar sensitivity base on your vehicle's speed resulting in better radar performance.
High-Resolution Red Display: The radar detector features an ultra-bright red alphanumeric matrix-display with 280 LEDs and 5 brightness levels (Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Auto and Full Dark) to choose from.
3 High-Resolution Meter Modes: The Passport 8500 X50 provides 3 types of meter displays to choose from:
- Signal Strength Meter: Standard bar-graph meter that provides information on a single radar signal. If there are multiple signals present, the unit's internal computer will determine which one is the most important threat to display.
- ExpertMeter: The ExpertMeter is a miniature spectrum analyzer simultaneously tracks up to 8 radar signals. It provides detailed information on up to 2 Ka-band, 2 K-band, and 4 X-band signals.
- SpecDisplay: In this mode, the unit will display the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal being received.
Auto Mute: After the initial audible alert, the volume is automatically reduced, so you need not manually mute the sound. This feature can be defeated.
Mute Button: Once an alarm sounds, it can be silenced using the mute button.
Earphone jack: There is a standard 3.5mm earphone jack on the right side of the unit.
SmartCord Cigarette Lighter Adapter: The supplied cigarette lighter plug has an alert LED that lights even when the unit is in the Dark mode and a mute button in case the unit is not within easy reach.
EasyMount Bracket: The radar detector comes supplied with an EasyMount windshield bracket that is designed for unobtrusive and hassle-free mounting. The bracket clips onto the top of the Passport 8500 X50 and suction-cup mounts to your windshield. The Passport 8500 X50 features a release button that will allow you to remove the unit from the bracket while still leaving the suction-cup window mount bracket in place.
ZR4 Laser Shifter Compatible: The Passport 8500 X50 is compatible with the optional Escort ZR4 Laser Shifter (sold separately). The ZR4 provides the most advanced defense system against targeting laser guns, and can be linked to the unit for ultimate protection.
- X Band 10.525 GHz +/- 25 MHz
- K Band 24.150 GHz +/- 100 MHz
- Ka Band 34.700 GHz +/- 1300 MHz
- Ku-band 13.450 GHz +/- 25 MHz
- Laser 904nm, 33 MHz bandwidth
The Escort Passport 8500 X50 replaces these items
1 question already asked