About the Escort MAXcam 360c
A connected camera and radar detector in one device
A connected camera and radar detector in one device
Escort's MAXcam 360c radar detector/dash cam combines two futuristic technologies in one convenient package. One is a long-range radar detector which works with your connected vehicle to provide real-time updates without the hassle of taking out your phone. The other is a 1440p-resolution camera in case you're involved in an accident or other type of incident. Along with these two features, it also displays where the threats are coming from with eye-catching arrows, ensuring you're always on top of the situation as you travel.
HD dash camera
Escort outfitted the MAXcam 360c with a 1440p dash camera with Sony STARVIS image sensors for outstanding image clarity. It offers a 143º field of view to capture all the action nearby, along with enhanced night vision to let you see better in the dark. You can program the camera to record in continuous loops of 1-, 3-, or 5-minute lengths, and it features a Parking Mode to automatically record if something hits your parked car. It'll even let you add date, time, and location info to the videos, and you can capture the audio with the 360c's microphone. A built-in G-sensor locks the most recent video footage in case you're in an accident. Escort includes a 16GB microSD card with the detector, and it's compatible with cards up to 64GB. An included mini-USB cable lets you transfer video content to your computer.
Escort's Drive Smarter app puts you in command
Escort's free Drive Smarter app lets you view a gallery timeline of your dash cam videos, set up advanced safety and security features, receive shared community alerts, and easily manage your device settings. You can view, download, and share your dash cam videos while they're stored safely in the cloud. It also offers updates for road conditions and potential hazards along your route. You can even set up a "Mayday Alert" that automatically sends an email and/or text message to an assigned emergency contact if you're involved in an accident. The app also combines your GPS location information with real-time reports from other app users to keep you abreast of potential threats in your vicinity. You can also use the app to report your own sightings of law enforcement or potential travel hazards, so they're instantly available to other app users.
Ready to hook up with your car's built-in Wi-Fi
The Escort MAXcam 360c's built-in dual-band Wi-Fi compatibility lets it connect with your car's Wi-Fi signal (or portable hotspot, if that's how you roll). You can take advantage of real-time info like updated speed-trap alerts and false alert zones, without accessing the apps on your phone or depending on a Bluetooth connection — the radar detector takes care of it automatically. All you have to do is pair the Escort Drive Smarter on your phone with your vehicle's Wi-Fi signal and the detector once and the detector will automatically remember to activate the app every time you get into your car with your phone. The built-in Wi-Fi also allows the detector to download firmware updates automatically — no need to download them from the web and transfer them to the detector.
Follow the arrows
The Escort MAXcam 360c shields you against X-, K-, and Ka-band radar signals, plus multiple laser threats. Digital signal processing lets this detector sniff out potential issues quickly. Once a signal is found, the arrows on the detector's display will light up so you can know immediately where you can find its source. Escort's advanced sensors now look for the signature of each signal the MAXcam 360c encounters, to weed out false alerts and to get the information to you more quickly. It also features Escort's Traffic Signal Rejection and In-Vehicle Technology filters to keep false alerts triggered by roadside monitors and collision warning systems from nearby cars to a minimum.
Looks cool on your windshield
The MAXcam adds sleek looks to its advanced performance. The dash camera sits at the end of the device, next to the radar antenna array. The full-color OLED display is customizable and easy to read. The easy-to-recognize icons and graphics really stand out on the detector's screen, allowing you to see the functionality of the detector and dash cam at the same time. You'll also get voice alerts in English or Spanish so you can make timely decisions while keeping your eyes on the road. A rotary dial around the arrows allows for quick adjustments to the 360c's volume.
Roadside camera database
The MAXcam 360c comes with a preloaded database of safety, red-light, and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you when you get near. You get a free 90-day subscription with your 360c purchase, and you'll need a subscription to update the 360c's database — update subscriptions are available through Escort's website.
Just tap the "Mark" button to tag locations along the road where the speed limit drops quickly, or where you might encounter heavy enforcement. The MAXcam 360c will warn you when you approach them in the future. Or press the mute button at the location of a known false signal — the detector will remember the signal, muting the alert the next time you pass by. You'll hear an alert if another type of signal comes from the same location. The AutoLearn feature can even lock out false alarms after three encounters with them in the same location without you having to do anything at all.
A generous package
In addition to the 16GB SD card, Escort includes a travel case, an EZ Mag windshield mount, and a 12-volt SmartCord in this package. The SmartCord features smart and coiled sections and allows you to see alerts when the detector's in fully dark mode, or to mute the detector without touching it.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- Featured in our article: Best dash cams for 2023
- radar/laser detector and QHD dash camera
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS protection, and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- EZ Mag windshield mount
- also includes 16GB microSD card, padded case, micro-USB cable and straight/coiled SmartCord cord with mute button and alert LED
- mini-USB input
- color OLED graphic display
- headphone jack
1440p QHD Dash Camera:
- works with Escort Drive Smarter smartphone app for transfer to smartphone, editing, and sharing
- precision Sony STARVIS image sensor
- 143° field of view
- enhanced night vision
- continuous loop recording (1, 3, or 5 minutes)
- built-in G-sensor detects accidents and impacts and automatically saves recordings
- allows date, time, and location stamps on videos
- detects X, K, and Ka radar bands (selectable) and Ka-POP
- laser protection
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and Ka-POP
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- In-Vehicle Technology filtering eliminates false alerts from collision warning systems
- sensitivity modes: highway, Auto (speed-based), and Auto No X
- Mute, AutoMute, and SmartMute modes
- red-light and speed camera database access (90-day subscription for updates included with detector purchase)
- camera database updates requires connection to a Wi-Fi network (wired updates not available)
- "Mark Location" feature remembers points for future warnings
- AutoLearn feature remembers sources of false signals and mutes alerts
- over-speed alert
- wireless compatibility with Escort Drive Smarter smartphone app for live alerts, device setting management, and video access
- wireless compatibility with Escort Drive Smarter smartphone app for live alerts, device setting management, and video access
- wireless software updates when connected to a Wi-Fi network or in-vehicle hotspot
- dimensions: 4.31"W x 1.41"H x 5.19"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0100046-1
What's in the box:
- Radar detector/dash cam
- 16 GB microSD card (inserted)
- EZ Mag Mount (w/2.5" suction cup)
- SmartCord USB with USB Type A port and 28" cable (RJ11 plug)
- 40" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Mini-B USB on other end)
- Soft zippered carry case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Support card (inserted in carry case)
Escort MAXcam 360c reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort MAXcam 360c
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Escort MAXcam 360c is a complete driver alert system that offers front and rear radar, 360° laser protection, and a high performance dash camera. The front panel features threat direction arrows to indicate where the alert is coming from. The detector is equipped with the same DSP and internal circuitry as the flagship Redline 360c radar detector. The MAXcam 360c is dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-enabled, so you can receive new alerts from other users through the new Drive Smarter® app as they come in. The detector comes with the magnetic EZ Mag Mount, SmartCord USB power adapter, a 16 GB microSD card, and a soft-side zippered travel case. Dimensions: 4.3" wide, 1.41" high, 5.19" deep. Weight: 12 ounces.
Dash Camera: As you drive, the MAXcam 360c continuously records video to the inserted microSD card. The unit is compatible with microSD cards up to 256 GB, and a 16 GB card is included. Class 10 cards from reputable brands are recommended. When the card becomes full, the camera will overwrite the oldest footage recorded. You can protect video clips by holding the PRG button for two seconds, which moves them into the "Events" folder, a locked content partition. A built-in G-Sensor can detect a significant impact (from hard braking or a collision) and automatically save the currently recording file. The sensitivity of the G-Sensor can be adjusted from level 1 (light impacts) to 3 (most severe impacts).
Parking Mode: While your vehicle is parked, the Parking Mode will monitor its surroundings for motion or impacts. If motion or an impact is detected, the MAXcam 360c will wake up from its sleep mode to start recording. After 5 minutes, if no further motion is detected, the unit will stop recording and return to sleep mode. Parking Mode can only work if the MAXcam 360c is powered, either by the vehicle's 12V power port or if the unit is hardwired with the optional Direct Wire SmartCord kit (sold separately).
Radar Detection: The MAXcam 360c features an advanced radar receiver to provide long-range warning on all radar types. Digital signal processing provides maximum range and minimizes false alarms. The menu lets you turn on/off full bands (X Band, K Band, Ka Band) or narrow bands within the full bands (K Narrow 1-4, MultaRadar CD, MultaRadar CT, and Ka Narrow 1-10). X Band radar is a common source of false alerts, while K Band is used by police radar, but often results in false alerts. The Ka Band and Laser alerts almost always are caused by police.
Laser Detection: Laser speed detection is known as LiDAR--Light Detection and Ranging. Laser guns project a beam of invisible infrared light that reflects off your car and returns to the gun. The MAXcam 360c offers 360° Laser protection, and is compatible with optional Escort ZW5 and ZR5 laser shifters for even more protection.
GPS Technology: The MAXcam 360c has an embedded GPS receiver, and uses location technology to identify and eliminate false alarms. The GPS-powered TrueLock Filter lets you lock out false alerts by "marking" the location so the detector can reject the signal the next time you approach the area. The unit is also pre-loaded with the Defender database of thousands of safety camera locations, including red light and fixed photo radar sites, and will warn you when you are approaching these sites. You can update the Defender database through the Escort website, or when connected to your smartphone or connected car via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
IVT Filter: Newer vehicles feature In-Vehicle Technology (IVT) such as collision avoidance systems and adaptive cruise control that use radar that can potentially cause false alerts. The MAXcam 360c is equipped with an Updatable IVT Filter to reduce these false alerts. When the unit is connected to Wi-Fi, the latest IVT updates are loaded to its memory.
Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: The Escort MAXcam 360c is equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to give you access to real-time alerts from other users through the Drive Smarter app. If you have a new "connected" vehicle with on-board dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz/5 GHz), the detector lets you connect to the app without the need for a smartphone. If Wi-Fi isn't available, you can pair your smartphone to the MAXcam 360c to gain access to the Drive Smarter app. Software updates are also available wirelessly through Wi-Fi.
OLED Display: The MAXcam 360c features a multi-color, 2560 x 1440p OLED graphic display with intuitive icons that identify the type of threat at a glance. You can set the display to blue, green, red, or amber to match your vehicle's interior gauges, or to suit your personal preference. The brightness of the display can be set to Dark, Minimum, Medium, Maximum, or Auto.
Signal-Strength Meters: The unit offers the following display meters to indicate the signal-strength of the detected signal:
- Standard: Primary alert band with front signal strength bar graph
- Standard FR: Primary alert band and signal counter with front and rear signal strength bar graphs
- Spec: Primary alert band with numeric frequency with front signal strength bar graphs
- Spec FR: Primary alert band with numeric frequency and signal counter with front and rear signal strength bar graphs for each
- Expert FR: Up to four alert bands with front and rear signal strength bar graphs for each
- Simple: Simple messages replace alert band and signal strength bar graphs: Caution (if traveling below cruise alert limit) or Slow Down (if traveling above cruise alert limit)
Threat Direction Arrows: The MAXcam 360c has a secondary display with directional arrows that indicate which direction the threat comes from. Arrows indicate left and right side, as well as front and back. There are three arrow modes to choose from:
- Single: Single mode displays arrows indicating only the direction of the primary threat in the selected display color.
- Multiple: Threat-direction arrows are displayed for multiple threats. If the MAXcam 360c detects multiple threats, the arrow pointing to the primary threat will blink, while the one for the secondary threat will not. The front and side arrows will be in your selected display color, while the rear arrow will be an opposite color.
- Band: In Band arrow mode, the threat-direction arrows are color-coded to the band being detected: X band-green, K band-blue, Ka band/Laser-red.
Drive Smarter® App: You can enhance your MAXcam 360c experience with the new Drive Smarter® app. The app lets you view and manage your videos, alerts, safety and security features, and device settings. You can connect with, and receive alerts from, the owners of other Escort devices in the Drive Smarter community. The app's Mayday Alert feature allows you to set up an emergency contact that you can instantly notify of an emergency. The app's Incident Reports let you keep track repairs and insurance claims after an accident. Drive Smarter is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch with iOS 13.1 or later, and macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip. It also works with Android devices running Android 7.0 and up.
GPS-powered Features: The MAXcam 360c's built-in GPS gives you access to several features:
- AutoLearn: GPS technology is used to "learn" the source of radar signals by location and frequency, and determine if the signal is a real threat or a false one. If the alert comes from an automatic door opener or motion sensor, the MAXcam 360c automatically locks out this source at this particular location. The unit can also "unlearn" signals that are no longer present at a particular location to protect you from locking out real threats.
- Mark Location (MRK): The "MRK" button allows you to mark a specific location and label it for future reference. Once the location is marked and labeled, the unit will provide an alert for red light or speed cameras, speed traps, or other danger zones.
- Over-speed Alert: You can set a speed at which the MAXcam 360c will alert you when it is exceeded. Using GPS technology to gauge your speed, the detector monitors your speed to help you stay under the set speed limit. When the unit is connected to the Drive Smarter app or your mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, the posted speed limit data will also be shown on the display. You can set the maximum speed, and the specified speed over the limit (5, 7, 10, 15, 20, or 25 mph over).
- Variable-Speed Sensitivity: The MAXcam 360c has an Auto Sensitivity mode varies radar sensitivity base on your vehicle's speed resulting in better radar performance. At highway speeds, you need the best long-range sensitivity. At slower speeds, the sensitivity is adjusted to reduce unneeded alerts, especially when you're not at risk. In addition to the Auto mode, you can set the sensitivity to Auto No X and Highway.
- Defender Database: The MAXcam 360c can alert you when you are in the vicinity of a location in Escort's Defender database of verified speed traps, speed cameras, and red light cameras.
Traffic Sensor Rejection: The MAXcam 360c utilizes Traffic Sensor Rejection to eliminate false alerts due to location or certain frequencies. Radar-based traffic flow sensors, mounted along major highways, transmit strong K-band signals for a half-second approximately every minute. These signals help produce traffic flow data for personal navigation devices, but also create numerous false radar alerts. Escort's proprietary Traffic Sensor Rejection (TSR) software, found in the MAXcam 360c, helps eliminate annoying false alerts.
Earphone Jack: There is a standard 3.5mm earphone jack on the right side of the unit. The earphone jack is covered by a removable rubber plug.
SmartCord USB: The supplied SmartCord USB includes approximately 22" of straight cord and about 7" of coiled cord, and expands to up to about 3' when stretched. The cigarette lighter adapter end includes a mute button and two LEDs (Alert and Power). The adapter has a Type A USB port (5V 2A) for powering or charging other devices.
AutoPower: The AutoPower feature automatically turns off the unit after a specific amount of time to reduce the current drain on the vehicle's battery. If AutoPower is off, the unit turns on or off depending on your vehicle's ignition type (constant or switched power). For constantly-powered accessory ports, you can set AutoPower to turn off the unit after 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours.
EZ Mag Mount: The MAXcam 360c radar detector comes with the new EZ Mag Mount that is designed to mount the unit on the center of the windshield between the driver and passenger. The EZ Mag Mount attaches to the detector via a strong magnet, with a large, 2-1/2" diameter StickyCup suction cup to mount to the windshield. You can adjust the angle of the detector via the provided thumbwheel.