About the Escort Passport GT-1
Ever wondered what your car runs in the quarter mile? Want to know how much horsepower that cold air intake added to your road rocket? Wouldn't it be cool to know what kind of cornering forces your ride produces? Escort's GT-1 G-Timer measures your vehicle's acceleration, horsepower, cornering, and braking forces, and then displays the information on an easy-to-read LCD display.
The GT-1 has two basic operation modes: "Timed Run" mode and "G-Meter" mode.
- "Timed Run" mode measures your vehicle's acceleration and braking forces during a brief time run, and calculates acceleration times (including 0-60 mph, quarter mile times and speeds, and 60-0 mph braking time and distance). Once you enter in your vehicle's weight, the unit will also calculate horsepower;
- "G-Meter" mode continuously measures and displays the acceleration, braking, and cornering forces your vehicle is producing.
Operation is intuitive for a timed run, press the "Start" button, and then accelerate whenever you are ready. Results are shown automatically at the end of the run. Just press the "G-Meter" button to view real-time G-forces.
Installing the GT-1 is easy mount the display on your windshield with the included suction cup mount, plug in the cigarette lighter power supply and enter your vehicle's weight. Miniature internal solid-state sensors sense the acceleration forces, so there's no need for a connection to the vehicle's speedometer.
Important Note: The GT-1 performance computer is a tool used to measure vehicle performance. When testing your vehicle, it's important to drive responsibly and obey all traffic laws. And remember that taller vehicles (SUVs, vans, or trucks) are more prone to rollover than conventional vehicles.
- 32-character backlit LCD display with suction-cup mount
- "Timed Run" mode calculates acceleration times (0-60 mph, quarter mile time and speed) and braking time and distance (60-0 mph)
- "G-Meter" mode continuously measures and calculates acceleration, braking, and cornering forces
- one-button operation
- most recent timed run memory
- cigarette lighter power adapter
- dimensions: 5-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 1-7/16"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- Vehicle Performance Computer (has attached windshield bracket with 3 suction cups)
- 3 Replacement suction cups
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 2' coiled cord
- Owner's Manual
- Owner's Manual Supplement
- Product Registration Card
- 2 "Passport G Timer" stickers (each sticker is 6" x 1-1/4")
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort Passport GT-1
Processing: An internal precise digital 2-axis accelerometer tracks your vehicle's acceleration, braking, and cornering forces approximately 200 times each second. A built-in computer continuously analyzes this data and calculates corrected G-Forces for the G-Meter operation, and speed and distance data for the Timed Run operation.
One Button Calibration: Intuitive one button operation makes the GT1 incredibly easy to use. Just press the "calibrate" button and it's automatically calibrated.
Timed Run Mode: In this mode, the GT1 measures your vehicle's acceleration and braking forces during a brief time run, and calculates acceleration times (including 0-60 mph, quarter mile times and speeds, and 60-0 mph braking time and distance). The GT1 automatically records all run data during a timed run. The data for your most recent run is automatically kept in memory. Once you enter in your vehicle's weight, the unit will also calculate horsepower.
G-Meter Mode: When you're not performing a Timed Run, the GT1 is in the G-Meter Mode, where it can display the acceleration, braking, and cornering forces of your vehicle. In G-Meter Mode, the GT1 has the following display options:
- Bar Graphs: This display shows straightforward bar graphs of G-Forces. The top line shows acceleration and braking forces, and the bottom line shows cornering forces.
- Peak Hold: This display shows the peaks in acceleration, braking, left cornering, and right cornering G-Forces, and holds those numbers on the screen for 4 seconds.
- Forward +0 to 60: In this display mode, the top line shows acceleration and braking forces. The second line shows your Top 10 best 0 to 60 mph times to date. The display continuously scrolls through your best 0 to 60 times.
- Best 0 to 60 Runs: This display does not show G-Forces, it only displays your 10 best 0 to 60 times to date. The display continuously scrolls through your best 0 to 60 runs.
- Best 1/4 Mile Runs: This display does not show G-Forces, it only displays your 10 best 1/4 mile times to date. The display continuously scrolls through your best 1/4 mile runs.
Installation: The GT1 mounts on your windshield with the included suction cup mount and the DC power adapter plugs into your cigarette lighter (or DC power outlet).