About the Escort Passport GT-2
If you're looking for an easy, accurate way to measure your vehicle's performance without having to disassemble your dash to connect costly gauges, Escort's GT-2 G-Timer is your ticket to ride. This performance computer measures your vehicle's acceleration, horsepower, cornering, and braking forces and then displays the information on an easy-to-read bright blue display all without any external connections, other than a DC power adapter!
The GT-2 has two basic operation modes: "Timed Run" mode and "G-Meter" mode.
- "Timed Run" mode measures your vehicle's acceleration and braking forces during a brief time run, and calculates acceleration times (including 0-60 mph, quarter mile times and speeds, and 60-0 mph braking time and distance). Once you enter in your vehicle's weight, the unit will also calculate horsepower.
- "G-Meter" mode continuously measures and displays the acceleration, braking, and cornering forces your vehicle is producing.
Operation is intuitive for a timed run, press the "Start" button, and then accelerate whenever you are ready. Results are shown automatically at the end of the run. Just press the "G-Meter" button to view real-time G-forces. You can save up to 10 different runs in the internal memory, or use an optional cable (available directly from Escort) to download your specs onto your laptop computer or palm pilot.
Installing the GT-2 is easy. Mount the display on your windshield with the included suction cup mount, plug the DC power adapter into your cigarette lighter (or DC power outlet) and enter your vehicle's weight. Miniature internal solid-state sensors sense the acceleration forces, so there's no need for a connection to the vehicle's speedometer.
Important Note: The GT-2 performance computer is a tool used to measure vehicle performance. When testing your vehicle, it's important to drive responsibly and obey all traffic laws. And remember that taller vehicles (SUVs, vans, or trucks) are more prone to rollover than conventional vehicles.
- 32-character ultra-bright blue vacuum fluorescent display
- "Timed Run" mode calculates acceleration times (0-60 mph, quarter mile time and speed) and braking time and distance (60-0 mph)
- "G-Meter" mode continuously measures and calculates acceleration, braking, and cornering forces
- one-button operation
- stores 10 runs in internal memory
- can download data to PDA or laptop computer via serial port requires optional accessory available directly from Escort
- DC power adapter
- remote control
- dimensions: 5-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 1-7/16"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the box:
- Vehicle Performance Computer (has attached windshield bracket with 3 suction cups)
- 3 Replacement suction cups
- Remote control cord (cigarette lighter adapter with attached 2' coiled cord)
- Owner's Manual
- Owner's Manual Supplement
- Product Registration Card
- 2 "Passport G Timer" stickers (each sticker is 6" x 1-1/4")
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort Passport GT-2
Processing: An internal precise digital 2-axis accelerometer tracks your vehicle's acceleration, braking, and cornering forces approximately 200 times each second. A built-in computer continuously analyzes this data and calculates corrected G-Forces for the G-Meter operation, and speed and distance data for the Timed Run operation.
One Button Calibration: Intuitive one button operation makes the GT2 incredibly easy to use. Just press the "calibrate" button and it's automatically calibrated.
Timed Run Mode: In this mode, the GT2 measures your vehicle's acceleration and braking forces during a brief time run, and calculates acceleration times (including 0-60 mph, quarter mile times and speeds, and 60-0 mph braking time and distance). The GT2 automatically records all run data during a timed run. The data for your 10 most recent runs is automatically kept in memory. Once you enter in your vehicle's weight, the unit will also calculate horsepower.
G-Meter Mode: When you're not performing a Timed Run, the GT2 is in the G-Meter Mode, where it can display the acceleration, braking, and cornering forces of your vehicle. In G-Meter Mode, the GT2 has the following display options:
- Bar Graphs: This display shows straightforward bar graphs of G-Forces. The top line shows acceleration and braking forces, and the bottom line shows cornering forces.
- Friction Circle: In this display mode, small numbers show the braking and acceleration forces on the top line, and the cornering force on the bottom line. A large number shows the combined G-Force, and the arrow shows the approximate direction of the combined G-Force.
- Peak Hold: This display shows the peaks in acceleration, braking, left cornering, and right cornering G-Forces, and holds those numbers on the screen for 4 seconds.
- Forward +0 to 60: In this display mode, the top line shows acceleration and braking forces. The second line shows your Top 10 best 0 to 60 mph times to date. The display continuously scrolls through your best 0 to 60 times.
- Best 0 to 60 Runs: This display does not show G-Forces, it only displays your 10 best 0 to 60 times to date. The display continuously scrolls through your best 0 to 60 runs.
- Best 1/4 Mile Runs: This display does not show G-Forces, it only displays your 10 best 1/4 mile times to date. The display continuously scrolls through your best 1/4 mile runs.
- RaceMonitor .10: This display shows only the combined vector forces. In addition to a large numerical readout of the combined G-Force and an arrow showing the approximate direction of the force, the RaceMonitor display also has a 6-segment bar graph meter so you can see your G-Force at a glance. Each segment of the bar graph represents 0.10G.
- RaceMonitor .05: This display is the same as RaceMonitor .10, except each bar graph segment represents 0.05G.
Remote Control: For convenient operation, the DC power adapter has a button that can be used to control the GT2. Press and release the button to operate the G-Meter Mode. Press again to cycle through the different G-Meter displays. To start a timed run, you need to press and hold the button.
Optional Software and Cable: Using an optional cable and software (available directly from Escort), you can download detailed data of your runs to your laptop, PC, or Palm for analysis and graphing.
Installation: The GT2 mounts on your windshield with the included suction cup mount and the DC power adapter plugs into your cigarette lighter (or DC power outlet).