About the Escort Max 360
Come full circle with Escort's Max 360 radar detector
Come full circle with Escort's Max 360 radar detector
One of the most frustrating aspects of using a radar detector is when the incoming threats could be coming from anywhere — up front, behind, or even to either side. With seconds to decide the next course of action, knowing the direction of the detected signals can be a real lifesaver. Escort's Max 360 radar detector adds directional arrow signaling to its already impressive array of features, including long-distance protection, built-in GPS, and Bluetooth® connectivity for smartphone app integration.
The directional arrow display on the right side of the Escort Max 360's face shows where detected signals are coming from.
The arrows tell the story
The Escort Max 360 shields you against X-, K-, and Ka-band radar signals, plus multiple laser threats. Digital signal processing lets this detector sniff out potential issues quickly. Once a signal is found, the arrows on the detector's display will light up so you can know immediately where you can find its source. Escort's advanced sensors now look for the signature of each signal the Max 360 encounters, to weed out false alerts and to get the information to you more quickly. You can keep a low profile, thanks to this detector's invisibility to VG-2 radar-detector detection.
Protection you can count on
The Escort Max 360's multi-color OLED display works in tandem with the large arrows to give you all the info you need quickly. You can choose the backlight color to complement your vehicle's interior lighting, and the easy-to-recognize icons and graphics really stand out on the detector's screen. You'll also get voice alerts in English or Spanish so you can make timely decisions while keeping your eyes on the road.
Included camera locations
The Max 360 comes with a preloaded database of safety, red-light, and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you when you get near. You can download updates, back up your data, and maintain the database through Escort's website. You'll need a subscription and a Windows®-based computer to update the Max 360's database — update subscriptions are available through Escort's website.
Store important points
Just tap a button on the keyboard to store locations along the road where the speed limit drops quickly, or where you might encounter heavy enforcement. The Max 360 will warn you when you approach them in the future. Or press the mute button at the location of a known false signal — the detector will remember the signal, muting the alert the next time you pass by. You'll hear an alert if another type of signal comes from the same location. The AutoLearn feature can even lock out false alarms after three encounters with them in the same location without you having to do anything at all.
The Escort Live app keeps you in the loop
The Escort Live app is a simple way to get your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone involved in reducing your stress while driving. The app combines your GPS location information with real-time reports from other Escort Live users to keep you abreast of potential threats in your vicinity. You can also use the app to report your own sightings of enforcement or other potential travel hazards, which will then be instantly available to other Escort Live users. The app also alerts you to major changes in the posted speed limit, so you can stay on top of the situation.
With the Max 360's built-in Bluetooth connectivity, you can simply pair the detector with your phone for instant wireless communication between the detector and the app — no additional hardware or cords needed. The Escort Live app is free to download, but a subscription fee is required to use many aspects of the Escort Live service — Escort includes a 1-year trial of the Escort Live Premium service with purchase of the Max 360 detector.
Change things up
You can set a number of features on the Max 360 to accommodate your driving comfort level, including which radar bands you wish to monitor, which meter you'd like to see when a signal is detected, and other enhancements. If you want, you can have the detector warn you when you're going faster than a pre-determined speed limit. You'll have three sensitivity levels to choose from, and five different brightness settings, including fully dark.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Escort's proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and filters them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
The complete package
Escort includes a travel case, a "Sticky Cup" windshield mount, and a 12-volt SmartCord with the Max 360. The SmartCord features smart and coiled sections and allows you to see alerts when the detector's in fully dark mode, or to mute the detector without touching it. And when it's time to update the database of cameras and enforcement areas, the detector's mini-USB input makes it easy for data transfer from your computer.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector featuring Bluetooth, GPS protection, and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- "Sticky Cup" windshield mount
- padded case and straight/coiled SmartCord cord with mute button and alert LED
- headphone jack
- mini-USB input
- directional arrow display shows where detected signals originate
- color OLED graphic display with multiple display modes
- detects 3 radar bands (selectable) and POP
- 360° laser protection
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- sensitivity modes: highway, Auto (speed-based), and Auto No X
- VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 8 programmable features
- Mute, AutoMute, and SmartMute modes
- camera database updates requires USB-to-mini-USB connection (cable not included) and computer running Windows XP or Vista
- camera database updates available via Escort website
- "Mark Location" feature remembers points for future warnings
- AutoLearn feature remembers sources of false signals and mutes alerts
- over-speed alert
- wireless compatibility with Escort Live real-time service through smartphone app (1-year free trial subscription included)
- dimensions: 3-5/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 5-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Max 360
What's in the box:
- Radar detector
- Coiled/straight SmartCord with DC power adapter and RJ11 modular jack
- StickyCup magnetic mount
- Quick Reference booklet
- Product Registration/info card
- Zippered travel case
Escort Max 360 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort Max 360
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Escort Max 360 offers front and rear radar, as well as 360° laser protection. New threat direction arrows indicate where the alert is coming from. It also features digital signal processing which provides extreme range and quick response. The Max 360 comes with the new magnetic StickyCup windshield mount, SmartCord power adapter, and a soft-side zippered travel case.
GPS Technology: The Max 360 has an embedded SiRFstar III GPS receiver, and uses GPS technology to identify and eliminate false alarms. The GPS-powered TrueLock Filter lets you lock out false alerts by "marking" the location so the detector can reject the signal the next time you approach the area. The unit is also pre-loaded with the Defender database of thousands of safety camera locations, including red light and fixed photo radar sites, and will warn you when you are approaching these sites. The mini-USB port allows you to update your safety camera data and other software through the Escort website.
OLED Display: The Max 360 features a new multi-color graphic display with intuitive icons that identify the type of threat at a glance. You can set the display to blue, green, red, or amber to match your vehicle's interior gauges, or to suit your personal preference. The brightness of the display can be set to Dark, Minimum, Medium, Maximum, or Auto.
Signal-Strength Meters: The unit offers seven different display meters to indicate the signal-strength of the detected signal: Standard, Standard FR1, Standard FR2, Spec FR1, Spec FR2, Expert FR, and Simple.
Threat Direction Arrows: The Max 360 has a secondary display with directional arrows that indicate which direction the threat comes from. Arrows indicate left and right side, as well as front and back. There are three arrow modes to choose from:
- Single: Single mode displays arrows indicating only the direction of the primary threat in the selected display color.
- Multiple: Threat-direction arrows are displayed for multiple threats. If the Max 360 detects multiple threats, the arrow pointing to the primary threat will blink, while the one for the secondary threat will not. The front and side arrows will be in your selected display color, while the rear arrow will be an opposite color.
- Band: In Band arrow mode, the threat-direction arrows are color-coded to the band being detected: X band-green, K band-blue, Ka band/Laser-red.
ESCORT Live: The Max 360's built-in Bluetooth technology gives you access to ESCORT Live on your smartphone. ESCORT Live is an exclusive network which warns you of upcoming alerts received and reported by other users in the area. The ESCORT Live app connects you to other detector owners on the road in your area. It also gives you access to local speed limit data for over-speed alerts. ESCORT Live is available as a free download. A Premium service with advanced features is also available for $4.99 a month (or $49.99 per year). A free 1-year subscription to ESCORT Live is included with the product. ESCORT Live is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 6.1 or later, and with Android device running Android 2.2 and up.
GPS-powered Features: The Max 360's built-in GPS gives you access to several features:
- AutoLearn: GPS technology is used to "learn" the source of radar signals by location and frequency, and determine if the signal is a real threat or a false one. If the alert comes from an automatic door opener or motion sensor, the Max 360 automatically locks out this source at this particular location. The unit can also "unlearn" signals that are no longer present at a particular location to protect you from locking out real threats.
- Mark Location (MRK): The "MRK" button allows you to mark a specific location and label it for future reference. Once the location is marked and labeled, the unit will provide an alert for red light or speed cameras, speed traps, or other danger zones.
- Over-speed Alert: You can set a speed at which the Max 360 will alert you when it is exceeded. Using GPS technology to gauge your speed, the detector monitors your speed to help you stay under the set speed limit. When the unit is connected to ESCORT Live!, the posted speed limit data will also be shown on the display.
- Variable-Speed Sensitivity: The Max 360 has an Auto Sensitivity mode varies radar sensitivity base on your vehicle's speed resulting in better radar performance. At highway speeds, you need the best long-range sensitivity. At slower speeds, the sensitivity is adjusted to reduce unneeded alerts, especially when you're not at risk. In addition to the Auto mode, you can set the sensitivity to Auto No X and Highway.
- Defender Database: The Max 360 can alert you when you are in the vicinity of a location in Escort's Defender database of verified speed traps, speed cameras, and red light cameras.
Traffic Sensor Rejection: The Max 360 utilizes Traffic Sensor Rejection to eliminate false alerts due to location or certain frequencies. Radar-based traffic flow sensors, mounted along major highways, transmit strong K-band signals for a half-second approximately every minute. These signals help produce traffic flow data for personal navigation devices, but also create numerous false radar alerts. Escort's proprietary Traffic Sensor Rejection (TSR) software, found in the Max 360, helps eliminate annoying false alerts.
Enhanced Radar Detection: The Max 360 features an advanced radar receiver to provide long-range warning on all radar types. Digital signal processing provides maximum range and minimizes false alarms. The unit offers three radar sensitivity settings:
- Highway: Highway mode provides maximum sensitivity on all bands.
- Auto: In Auto mode the unit will continuously analyze all incoming signals and intelligently adjust the sensitivity circuits, providing long-range warning with minimal false alarms.
- Auto No X: Auto No X mode turns off X-band detection, while full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
Voice and Beep Alerts: When enabled, all alerts and instructions are communicated using a voice announcement. If you desire, the voice alerts can be turned off, and all alerts will sound using tones.
Auto Mute: After the initial audible alert, the volume is automatically reduced, so you need not manually mute the sound. This feature can be defeated.
Mute Button: Once an alarm sounds, it can be silenced using the mute button.
Detector Tools: Escort's Detector Tools program allows you to update your Defender database and software. The Max 360 has a Mini-B 2.0 USB port on the side to allow you to connect the unit to your computer via USB cable (not included). The Windows version (for Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1, 7, 8, and 10) of Detector Tools supports Firmware, Location Database updates, Detector Software, and Defender Updates. The Mac version of Detector Tools is not yet compatible with Max 360.
Earphone Jack: There is a standard 3.5mm earphone jack on the right side of the unit.
SmartCord: The supplied SmartCord includes approximately 22" of straight cord and about 7" of coiled cord, which expands to up to 2.5' when stretched. The cigarette lighter adapter end includes a mute button and two LEDs (Alert and Power).
AutoPower: The AutoPower feature automatically turns off the unit after a specific amount of time to reduce the current drain on the vehicle's battery. If AutoPower is off, the unit turns on or off depending on your vehicle's ignition type (constant or switched power). For constantly-powered accessory ports, you can set AutoPower to turn off the unit after 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours.
StickyCup Magnetic Windshield Mount: The Max 360 radar detector comes with the new magnetic StickyCup windshield bracket that is designed to mount the unit on the center of the windshield between the driver and passenger. The StickyCup is a large 2-1/2" diameter suction cup with a thumbwheel for angle adjustment. The Max 360 is held in place on the mount by a strong magnet. A dual-adhesive hook-and-loop pad is also included if you wish to mount the unit on the dash.
The Escort Max 360 replaces these items
- uses GPS to mark locations for future alerts and to eliminate false alarms
- preloaded, updatable database of red-light and radar cameras
- speed-based sensitivity
1 question already asked