About the Escort Passport 9500i
Escort's Passport 9500i radar detector utilizes GPS functionality for added layers of protection. In addition to its outstanding ability to detect radar and laser, this detector uses powerful GPS technology to keep track of your speed. You can program it to operate at full sensitivity when traveling on the highway, then to shift automatically to city mode when your speed decreases so it'll filter out false alarms caused by outside interference.
The user-friendly display gives you loads of information, including your own speed, so you can stay apprised of your situation. The automatic volume control adjusts the loudness of the alerts based on the ambient noise level in your car. The detector comes in a rugged travel case for better portability.
The location-marking feature lets you mark areas along the road where the speed limit drops quickly, or where red light or speed cameras are placed. Just tap a button on the nickel-plated keyboard to store locations, and the Passport 9500i will warn you when you approach them in the future. Or press the mute button at the location of a known false signal the Passport 9500i will remember the signal, muting the alert the next time you pass by. You'll hear an alert if another type of signal comes from the same location.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector featuring SiRFstar III GPS protection
- travel case and quick-release windshield mount
- coiled SmartPlug cord with volume control
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- "Mark Location" feature remembers points for future warnings
- TrueLock feature remembers sources of false signals and mutes alerts
- 3 sensitivity modes: automatic (speed-based), highway, and city
- 360° laser protection
- VG-2 immunity
- 9 programmable features
- 280 LED alphanumeric display
- mini-USB data port
- dimensions: 3"W x 1-7/16"H x 5-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PASSPORT 9500I
What's in the box:
- Radar Detector in custom travel case
- SmartCord cigarette lighter adapter with attached coiled cord
- Windshield mount bracket with 2 suction cups
- 2 Additional suction cups
- Owner's Manual (includes product registration card
- warranty information and info on ordering accessories and extended service plans)
- "Important Information" card
Escort Passport 9500i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort Passport 9500i
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
360-Degree Radar Range And Laser Detection: The Passport 9500i delivers extreme long-range warning on all radar bands including X, K, Superwide Ka, Ku and instant-on POP modes. Multiple front an rear laser sensors provide 360 degree laser protection, including a wide field of view.
VG-2 Protection: This unit uses a SmartShield VG2 Immunity to make it invisible to radar detector detectors.
TrueLock Signal Rejection: The Passport 9500i utilizes TrueLock Signal Rejection to eliminate false alerts due to location or certain frequencies. The GPS-powered (SiFRstar III receiver) TrueLock system allows you to simply press the mute button a couple of time and never hear a radar-based automatic door opener or motion sensor alarm again. The patented design captures the location coordinates and the exact frequency of the signal and stores them in memory. Once stored, TrueLock will reject these signals, but is intelligent enough to warn you of a new or different signal in that same locations.
SpeedAlert: The SpeedAlert feature provides vehicle speed during each alert. The radar or laser band, signal strength and your speed are displayed during an alert to help you in your decision process.
Location Marks: Location Marks store speed traps and other locations in memory. The 9500i's Mark Location feature allows you to quickly store specific locations in memory. The next time you approach these marked (saved) areas, the Passport 9500i will provide an alert well in advanced to remind you of the potential speed traps ahead.
Sensitivity Settings: The Passport 9500i features 3 radar sensitivity settings.
- Auto: In Auto mode the unit provides real-time radar performance base on your vehicle's speed. As your vehicle speed increases, the radar sensitivity (X and K-band) is set to maximum range. As your vehicle speed decreases, the radar sensitivity (Xand K-band only) is minimized to further reduce unwanted false alarms. Full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
- Highway: Highway mode provides maximum sensitivity on all bands.
- City: City modes reduces X-band sensitivity and full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
Safety Warnings: The 9500i features SWS (Safety Warning System) Technology which displays safety messages on the unit's matrix-display when there is a Safety Warning System (SWS) used in your area. SWS offers over 60 specific safety messages warning you of road hazards in your area.
Crystal-Clear Voice Alerts: The Passport 9500i provides you with a real voice alert option. In addition to the unit's Geiger-counter-like sound that indicates the signal strength and unique audible tones to identify each alert by band, the unit also feature a voice alert option for crystal clear communication of alerts and user controls.
AutoVolume: The AutoVolume feature automatically adjusts the alert volume based on ambient noise in the vehicle. The 9500i uses an integrated miniature microphone to monitor ambient noise within the vehicle and will increase the volume level automatically to ensure you can hear the unit's alerts.
High-Resolution Display: The radar detector features an ultra-bright red alphanumeric matrix-display with 280 LEDs and 5 brightness levels (Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Auto and Full Dark) to choose from.
Dark Mode: In the Dark mode, the radar detector will dim the display and not show visual alerts.
3 High-Resolution Meter Modes: The Passport 9500i provides 3 types of meter displays to choose from.
- Signal Strength Meter: Standard bar-graph meter that provides information on a single radar signal. If there are multiple signals present, the unit's internal computer will determine which one is the most important threat to display.
- ExpertMeter: The ExpertMeter is a miniature spectrum analyzer simultaneously tracks up to 8 radar signals. It provides detailed information on up to 2 Ka-band, 2 K-band, and 4 x-band signals.
- SpecDisplay: In this mode, the unit will display the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal being received.
EZ-Programming: This radar detector provides 9 driver selectable features that allow you to customize how alerts and indicators are presented to you. These include adjustments to the Power-on indication, Power-on sequence, signal strength meter, SpeedAlert function, Auto mute feature, Auto volume feature, Unit measurements, Voice announcements, and band selections.
Auto Mute: After the initial audible alert, the volume is automatically reduced, so you need not manually mute the sound. This feature can be defeated.
Mute Button: Once an alarm sounds, it can be silenced using the mute button.
Earphone jack: There is a standard 3.5mm earphone jack on the left side of the unit.
USB Data Port: The unit features a USB data on the right side of the unit which allows you to backup your TrueLock data and other software related functions.
SmartCord Cigarette Lighter Adapter: The supplied cigarette lighter plug has an alert LED that lights even when the unit is in the "Dark" mode and a mute button in case the unit is not within easy reach.
Easy Mounting Bracket: The radar detector comes supplied with an EasyMount windshield bracket that is designed for unobtrusive and hassle-free mounting. The bracket clips onto the top of the 9500i and suction-cup mounts to your windshield. The 9500i features a release button that will allow you to remove the 9500i from the bracket while still leaving the suction-cup window mount bracket in place.
- X Band 10.525 GHz +/- 25 MHz
- K Band 24.150 GHz +/- 100 MHz
- Ka Band 34.7 GHz +/- 1300 MHz
- Ku-band 13.425 GHz +/1 25 MHz
- Laser 904nm, 33 MHz bandwidth