About the Escort Passport 9500ix
The Escort Passport 9500ix radar detector adds security to your drive with GPS capability and a built-in database of speed traps and camera locations. You can program the detector to run at maximum sensitivity at highway speeds, then to move automatically to city mode when you slow down, eliminating false alarms caused by outside interference.
Database of camera locations
The Passport 9500ix comes with a preloaded database of safety, red-light, and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you as one approaches. You can download updates, back up your data, and maintain the database through Escort's website. You'll need a subscription and a Windows®-based computer to update the Passport 9500ix's database — a free 90-day trial subscription is included with your purchase.
Store critical locations
Just tap a button on the nickel-plated keyboard to store locations along the road where the speed limit drops quickly, or where you might encounter heavy enforcement. The Passport 9500ix will warn you when you approach them in the future. Or press the mute button at the location of a known false signal — the Passport 9500ix will remember the signal, muting the alert the next time you pass by. You'll hear an alert if another type of signal comes from the same location.
Outstanding radar and laser protection
The Passport 9500ix also offers Escort's trademark long-range protection against all-band radar and laser threats, plus invisibility to VG-2 detection. Its display offers a wealth of information, including your own speed. You'll hear the detector's alerts over road noise, thanks to automatic volume control. Escort includes a hardy travel case for portability and storage.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Escort's proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and weeds them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
Add Escort Live!™ for extra protection
The Passport 9500ix is compatible with the Escort Live! service, which allows you to track real-time radar threats in your vicinity using your Bluetooth® enabled smartphone and the free Escort Live! app. Your phone's GPS information provides access to reported radar data from other Escort Live! users in your vicinity, and you can report radar hotspots so others driving in your wake will know about potential encounters. You'll need to purchase an Escort Live! cord for your iPhone® or Android™ phone, and a subscription fee is also required to use the Escort Live! service.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector featuring GPS protection and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- travel case and quick-release windshield mount
- coiled SmartPlug cord with volume control
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- camera database updates requires USB-to-mini-USB cable (not included) connection and computer running Windows XP or Vista
- camera database updates require subscription after 90-day free trial expires
- "Mark Location" feature remembers points for future warnings
- TrueLock feature remembers sources of false signals and mutes alerts
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- 3 sensitivity modes: automatic (speed-based), highway, and city
- 360° laser protection
- VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 9 programmable features
- blue 280 LED alphanumeric display
- mini-USB data port
- compatible with Escort Live! real-time service through smartphone app
- dimensions: 3"W x 1-7/16"H x 5-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0109500-4
What's in the box:
- Radar Detector (with blue display) in custom travel case
- SmartCord cigarette lighter adapter with attached coiled cord
- Windshield mount bracket with 2 suction cups
- 2 Additional suction cups
- Owner's Manual
- Escort Accessories Catalog
- "Important Information" card
- Letter from Escort CEO
- Escort Live! card
- 4 Window stickers (2 inside and 2 outside)
Escort Passport 9500ix reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort Passport 9500ix
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
360-Degree Radar Range And Laser Detection: The Passport 9500ix delivers extreme long-range warning on all radar bands including X, K, Superwide Ka, Ku and instant-on POP modes. Multiple front and rear laser sensors provide 360 degree laser protection, including a wide field of view.
VG-2 Protection: This unit uses a SmartShield VG2 Immunity to make it invisible to radar detector detectors.
TrueLock Signal Rejection: The Passport 9500ix utilizes TrueLock Signal Rejection to eliminate false alerts due to location or certain frequencies. The GPS-powered (SiFRstar III receiver) TrueLock system allows you to simply press the mute button a couple of time and never hear a radar-based automatic door opener or motion sensor alarm again. The patented design captures the location coordinates and the exact frequency of the signal and stores them in memory. Once stored, TrueLock will reject these signals, but is intelligent enough to warn you of a new or different signal in that same locations.
Sensitivity Settings: The Passport 9500ix features 3 radar sensitivity settings.
- Auto: In Auto mode the unit provides real-time radar performance base on your vehicle's speed. As your vehicle speed increases, the radar sensitivity (X and K-band) is set to maximum range. As your vehicle speed decreases, the radar sensitivity (Xand K-band only) is minimized to further reduce unwanted false alarms. Full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
- Highway: Highway mode provides maximum sensitivity on all bands.
- City: City modes reduces X-band sensitivity and full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
Location Marks: Location Marks store speed traps and other locations in memory. The 9500ix's Mark Location feature allows you to quickly store specific locations in memory. The next time you approach these marked (saved) areas, the Passport 9500ix will provide an alert well in advanced to remind you of the potential speed traps ahead.
AutoLearn: The AutoLearn feature analyzes (over time) the source of radar signals by location and frequency. This allows the Passport 9500ix to determine if a signal is a real threat or a false one. If it determines that the signal is a not a threat, the Passport 9500ix automatically locks out this source at that particular location.
Safety Camera Database: The Passport 9500ix comes pre-loaded with thousands of safety camera locations, including red light and speed-based cameras throughout North America. You can also download updates, back up your data, and stay on top of new threats directly from Escort's website.
Notes: Location Database Updates and Detector Software Updates for the Passport 9500ix require a Windows based computer. (Operating on Windows XP or Vista only)
Variable-Speed Radar: The Passport 9500ix AutoSensitivity mode varies radar sensitivity base on your vehicle's speed resulting in better radar performance.
High-Resolution Display: The radar detector features an ultra-bright red alphanumeric matrix-display with 280 LEDs and 5 brightness levels (Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Auto and Full Dark) to choose from.
3 High-Resolution Meter Modes: The Passport 9500ix provides 3 types of meter displays to choose from:
- Signal Strength Meter: Standard bar-graph meter that provides information on a single radar signal. If there are multiple signals present, the unit's internal computer will determine which one is the most important threat to display.
- ExpertMeter: The ExpertMeter is a miniature spectrum analyzer simultaneously tracks up to 8 radar signals. It provides detailed information on up to 2 Ka-band, 2 K-band, and 4 x-band signals.
- SpecDisplay: In this mode, the unit will display the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal being received.
- SpeedAlert: The SpeedAlert feature provides vehicle speed during each alert. The radar or laser band, signal strength and your speed are displayed during an alert to help you in your decision process.
Dark Mode: In the Dark mode, the radar detector will dim the display and not show visual alerts.
Safety Warnings: The 9500ix features SWS (Safety Warning System) Technology which displays safety messages on the unit's matrix-display when there is a Safety Warning System (SWS) used in your area. SWS offers over 60 specific safety messages warning you of road hazards in your area.
Crystal-Clear Voice Alerts: The Passport 9500ix provides you with a real voice alert option. In addition to the unit's Geiger-counter-like sound that indicates the signal strength and unique audible tones to identify each alert by band, the unit also feature a voice alert option for crystal clear communication of alerts and user controls.
AutoVolume: The AutoVolume feature automatically adjusts the alert volume based on ambient noise in the vehicle. The 9500ix uses an integrated miniature microphone to monitor ambient noise within the vehicle and will increase the volume level automatically to ensure you can hear the unit's alerts.
Auto Mute: After the initial audible alert, the volume is automatically reduced, so you need not manually mute the sound. This feature can be defeated.
Mute Button: Once an alarm sounds, it can be silenced using the mute button.
Earphone jack: There is a standard 3.5mm earphone jack on the left side of the unit.
USB Data Port: The unit features a USB data on the right side of the unit which allows you to backup your TrueLock data and other software related functions.
SmartCord Cigarette Lighter Adapter: The supplied cigarette lighter plug has an alert LED that lights even when the unit is in the Dark mode and a mute button in case the unit is not within easy reach.
AutoPower: This feature automatically turns the Passport off if the vehicle has not moved for 4 hours.
Easy Mounting Bracket: The radar detector comes supplied with an EasyMount windshield bracket that is designed for unobtrusive and hassle-free mounting. The bracket clips onto the top of the 9500ix and suction-cup mounts to your windshield. The 9500ix features a release button that will allow you to remove the 9500ix from the bracket while still leaving the suction-cup window mount bracket in place.
- X Band 10.525 GHz +/- 25 MHz
- K Band 24.150 GHz +/- 100 MHz
- Ka Band 34.700 GHz +/- 1300 MHz
- Ku-band 13.450 GHz +/- 25 MHz
- Laser 904nm, 33 MHz bandwidth
The Escort Passport 9500ix replaces these items
2 questions already asked