About the Escort Solo S3
Want the added peace of mind that comes with an uncluttered view of the road? Escort's Solo S3 cordless radar detector makes it easy to keep a low profile by eliminating the cord that would normally hang on your windshield. It also protects you with long-range laser and all-band radar sensors, as well as unique alerts for safety signals that keep you informed of road hazards. VG-2 immunity means you won't get found by this most common type of radar detector detector.
Keep the juice flowing
The Solo S3 features an advanced high-efficiency battery design that consumes only a fraction of the power used by conventional corded detectors. Slip in the included pair of "AA" batteries and enjoy months of protection with normal driving use. A low-battery warning circuit gives you audible and visual alerts before the batteries need to be replaced. The programmable AutoPower feature shuts off the detector when not in use to further conserve battery life so the Solo S3 will perform when you need it most.
Understand the threats
The Solo S3's brilliant, easy-to-read display presents all the information you need quickly and without confusion. The graphic signal strength meters give you an idea of the threat's proximity, while text messages convey urgent messages. Sensitivity modes keep the false alerts to a minimum, while different mute settings let you keep things quiet. The Solo S3 features nine programmable features for convenient customization and it'll remember your presets when you change the detector's batteries.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- cordless radar detector
- includes 2 "AA" batteries
- travel case and windshield mount
- headphone jack
- audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and safety warning systems signals
- 360° laser protection
- 9 programmable features
- VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 64-character OLED alphanumeric display
- 3 city/highway sensitivity modes
- mute, AutoMute, SmartMute and dark modes
- low-battery warning circuit
- AutoPower feature turns the detector off automatically when not in use
- dimensions: 3"W x 1-3/16"H x 5-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0100010-1
What's in the box:
- Cordless radar detector
- 2 "AA" alkaline batteries
- 1 EasyMount bracket with 2 suction cups
- 2 Extra suction cups
- Travel case
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration Card
- Auto Power feature card
- 4 Escort DS decals
Escort Solo S3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort Solo S3
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Cordless Radar Detector: The Escort Solo S3 provides superior protection from radar and laser encounters with the convenience and portability of a cordless detector. The Solo S3 operates on two "AA" batteries (supplied).
High-Efficiency Battery Design: The Solo S3 is designed to give you the longest battery life possible, and uses only a fraction of the power used by conventional corded detectors. The Solo S3 keeps constant watch on the condition of the batteries, and provides you with both audible and visual alerts before they need to be replaced.
AutoPower: The programmable AutoPower feature conserves battery life by automatically causing the Solo S3 to "go to sleep" after the vehicle has stopped moving for 25 minutes. If the vehicle starts moving within the next 30 minutes, the unit will "wake up" and prompt you visually and audibly to see if you want it back on. If you do not respond within 15 seconds, the unit will shut down completely.
Long-Range Radar Detection: The Solo S3 provides long-range warning on all radar bands including conventional and "instant on" X-Band, K-band, and Superwide Ka-band. Digital Signal Processing provides the longest warning possible without constant false alarm.
Ultra-Performance Laser Detection: The Solo S3 uses multiple low-noise laser sensors to provide long-range warning, and the widest field of view against laser encounters.
Programmable Features: There are 9 user-selectable options so you can customize the Solo S3 for your own preferences. The options include:
- Pilot Light: Program the unit's display from full description, letter, letter with scanning dot, symbol, symbol with scanning dot, or scanning signal.
- Auto Power: Select Auto Power modes--motion, time, or off.
- Power-on Sequence: Select standard or fast power-on
- Signal Strength Meter: Select standard or expert meter (see description below)
- Auto Mute: Turn on or off
- Audio Tones: Choose standard or loud tones
- City Mode Sensitivity: Set to Standard, Low X-band, or No X-band city mode
- Brightness: Set the brightness to auto (based on ambient light), minimum, medium, maximum, or dark
- Bands: You can set the radar and laser bands to: Default (all bands monitored), X-band on, K-band on, Ka-band on, Laser on, SWS off, VG2 off, or Modify (turning off unused bands).
High-Resolution Graphic OLED Display: A new, brilliant OLED display makes the Solo S3 intuitive to use, and easy to understand. Each radar, laser and SWS signal is identified and communicated to you with clear messages. Signal strength is provided using two different types of meters (programmable), while the backlit display automatically adjusts for optimum viewing.
SmartShield VG-2 Protection: If the VG-2 band is turned on, VG-2 units (radar detector detectors) will be detected with an audible and visual alert. Once detected, Solo S3's internal oscillator will shut down for a period of time, making it undetectable. The oscillator will then periodically turn back on to see if the VG-2 unit is still present.
Safety Radar Signals: The Solo S3 provides unique audible and visual alerts for Safety Warning System (SWS) signals. These alerts (up to 64 messages) will keep you informed of road hazards in areas using this technology.
Signal Strength Meters: The Solo S3 gives you the option of two signal strength meters:
- Standard: The standard alphanumeric graphic display provides an intuitive display of signal strength and text messages. The standard bar-graph signal strength meter only displays information on a single radar signal. If there are multiple signals present, the internal computer determines which is the most important threat to show on the bar-graph meter.
- ExpertMeter: The ExpertMeter simultaneously tracks up to 8 radar signals, and shows you detailed information on up to 2 Ka-band, 2 K-band and 4 X-band signals.
Brightness Control: The Solo S3 provides four levels of brightness including Automatic, Minimum, Medium, Maximum and Dark. The Automatic setting adjusts the brightness automatically based on the ambient light in your vehicle. In the Dark mode, the display will not provide any visual alerts when it detects a signal. Only an audible alert will be heard.
Audible Alerts: When you encounter radar, a distinct audible alert will sound and increase in rate as the signal gets closer. When the signal is very strong, the audible alert will blend into a solid tone. Since laser signals are a possible threat no matter how weak, the Solo S3 alerts you to all laser signals with a full laser alert.
AutoSensitivity Mode: The AutoSensitivity mode provides long-range warning, while virtually eliminating false alarms. In this mode, the Solo S3's internal computer continuously analyzes all incoming signals and intelligently determines which signals are real threats.
Mute: The Mute button allows you to silence the audio alert during a radar encounter. The mute button is mounted right on the top of the unit within easy reach.
AutoMute: After the Solo S3 alerts you to a radar encounter at the volume you have selected, the AutoMute feature will automatically reduce the volume to a lower level.
SmartMute: Once a specific signal has been muted, Escort's exclusive SmartMute feature will intelligently prioritize any additional signals by band. If a new signal is detected, and it is a higher priority band than the muted one, the Solo S3 will alert you at the preset volume you selected.
Low Battery Warning: Once the batteries reach a specific voltage level, the Solo S3 will provide a low-battery warning. This warning consists of an audible alert, along with a corresponding message.
SmartCord Compatible: For 12-volt operation, you can use an optional SmartCord. The SmartCord is a unique power cord that has a power-on indicator, an alert lamp that warns you of radar and laser, and a convenient mute button on the lighter plug. The Solo S3 has an RJ11 telephone-type jack for plugging in the SmartCord.
Mounting: Using the supplied EasyMount suction cup bracket, the Solo S3 can be mounted on your vehicle's windshield. The EasyMount bracket has 4 position settings, allowing you to choose the position that best fits the angle of your vehicle's windshield.
Travel Case: The Solo S3 comes in a semi-hard travel case with elastic bands that hold the detector, the EasyMount bracket, and extra suction cups.
Right Side of Detector:
- Ear Phone: standard 1/8" (3.5mm) jack
- 12-volt Power: RJ-11 (telephone-type) connector for use with optional SmartCord
- Operating Bands:
- X-band 10.525 GHz +/-25 MHz
- K-band 24.150 GHz +/-100 MHz
- Ka-band 34.700 GHz +/-1300 MHz
- Laser 904nm, 33 MHz bandwidth
The Escort Solo S3 replaces these items
5 questions already asked