About the Escort X80
Drive with confidence and connectivity
Drive with confidence and connectivity
Escort's X80 radar detector features long-range defense and rapid response to keep you informed of incoming threats, but that's not all it offers. Escort's full-color OLED screen lets you parse the details you need quickly, so you can react without hesitation. And its built-in Bluetooth® connectivity means you can add Escort's helpful road-ready app for even more ways to protect yourself.
The X80's powerful receiver boasts long-range capability for nearly all radar bands, especially the common X, K, and Ka bands. Digital signal processing means you'll get faster warnings over greater distances. Multiple laser sensors give you full coverage in just about every direction.
Sweet new color display
The X80's multi-color OLED screen keeps you informed with brilliant graphics, plus text and signal strength meters. And you can choose among four different display colors to complement your vehicle's interior lighting. It even features ExpertMeter, which can track and display up to four incoming radar signals at once. You can adjust the display's brightness or go fully dark for nighttime driving.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Escort's proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and weeds them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
The detector's solid SmartShield VG-2 immunity keeps it invisible to most radar detector detectors. It offers nine programmable features and three sensitivity modes, including AutoSensitivity that lowers sensitivity as your speed decreases.
Extras from Escort
Escort includes a spiffy travel case and an easy-to-use mounting bracket in the box. The coiled SmartCord adapter features an alert LED for visual alerts, even when in dark mode, as well as a mute button for when you need to keep things quiet.
Add Escort Live™ for extra protection
The X80 allows you to track real-time radar threats in your vicinity using your smartphone and the free Escort Live app. Your phone's GPS information provides access to reported radar data from other Escort Live users in your vicinity, and you can report radar hotspots so others driving in your wake will know about potential encounters. The app will also let you track your speed on the detector and alert you when you go over or under a designated cruising speed. You'll need to purchase an Escort Live cord for your iPhone® or Android™ phone, and a subscription fee is also required to use the Escort Live service.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector
- coiled SmartCord, travel case, and quick-release windshield mount
- color OLED graphic screen with multiple display modes (blue, green, red, or amber)
- built-in Bluetooth connects you to the Escort Live app
- headphone jack
- digital and audio alerts for 8 radar bands (including POP) and laser
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- 3 sensitivity modes: AutoSensitivity (speed-based), highway, and city
- 360° laser protection
- SmartShield VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 9 programmable features
- Mute and AutoMute modes
- compatible with Escort Live real-time service through smartphone app
- dimensions: 3-1/16"W x 1-3/16"H x 5-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0100018-4
What's in the box:
- Radar/laser detector
- Coiled SmartCord with DC power with cigarette lighter adapter
- Dual suction cup windshield mount
- Semi-hard storage case
- Quick Reference
Escort X80 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Escort X80
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Escort X80 radar and laser detector can be used as a stand-alone unit or integrated with your iOS or Android device via Bluetooth. It is fully compatible with Escort Live! which allows you to receive live radar and laser alerts from other drivers in your area. The X80 comes with a coiled 12-volt SmartCord, windshield mount, and a semi-hard storage case. The detector is approximately 3" wide, 1-1/8" high, and 5-3/16" deep, and weighs 6-1/2 ounces (including the mount).
OLED Display: The X80 features a stunning new, multi-color OLED display. It displays bright graphics and icons to help you identify the threat instantly. You can choose from red, green, blue, and amber for the background color to match your dashboard lights. You can set the display brightness to suit your needs (Min, Med, Max, or Dark). In addition, you can turn on Voice Alerts to hear each alert in a crystal clear voice, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road. When using Escort Live!, the posted speed limit will be shown in the display. There are three display modes to choose from:
- Standard Bar Graph: When radar is detected, the band of the radar (X, K, or Ka) is displayed, along with a precise bar graph of the signal strength.
- ExpertMeter Display: Up to 4 radar signals are simultaneously tracked, each with a bar graph of the signal strength. This mode can help you spot a change in your normal driving environment.
- SpecDisplay: Displays the actual numeric radar frequency being received.
Escort Live! The X80 is fully compatible with Escort Live!, which allows you to receive live radar and laser alerts from other nearby drivers. Escort Live! works with your iOS or Android device through the free app. Once your phone is paired with the X80, the app provides several intuitive displays and access to all user settings. You'll get instant access to other drivers on the road who provide real-time protection and advanced warning for active speed traps. The Escort Live app is available from iTunes for Apple iPhones and iPads running iOS 6.1 or later, and from Google Play for devices running Android 4.3 and up.
Radar/Laser Detection: The X80 features a Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO radar receiver, which includes full X, K, and Superwide Ka radar detection capability. The Sensitivity button lets you adjust the detector sensitivity (Highway, Auto, or Auto No X). In addition, multiple high-performance laser sensors provide maximum laser warning with superior off-axis protection. The X80 detects the following bands and frequencies:
- X Band: Freq: 10.475 - 10.575 GHz
- K Band: Freq: 24.050 - 24.250 GHz
- Ka Band: Freq: 33.400 - 36.000 GHz
When Ka Band is off, you can select separate segments of the Ka band to turn on or off:
- KaN1: Freq: 33.660 - 33.900 GHz
- KaN2: Freq: 34.200 - 34.400 GHz
- KaN3: Freq: 34.600 - 34.800 GHz
- KaN4: Freq: 35.400 - 35.600 GHz
- Laser: Laser detection via a Quantum Limited Video receiver with multiple laser sensor diodes.
- TSR: Automatically rejects traffic flow sensors which can cause false alarms.
- RDR: Radar Detection Rejection
Installation: The Escort X80 comes with a windshield mount with dual 1" suction cups. For best results, the detector should be mounted in the center of the windshield, with a clear view of the road ahead and the sky above. The detector has a slot for attaching it to the mount, with a handy quick release button for easy removal, leaving the mount in place on the windshield.
The Escort X80 replaces these items
1 question already asked