About the Audiobahn A8000T
If you want Audiobahn performance in a smaller package, check out the Intake series amps! A built-in air intake and a cooling fan ensures that these compact workhorses will stay cool through hours of heavy use. The A8000T pumps out 400 watts RMS of MOSFET-fueled Class AB power to your 4-ohm subwoofer. Hook up a 2-ohm load, and you get twice the output!
You get the precise sonic control that you expect from Audiobahn. A variable low-pass crossover trims unwanted frequencies, so your lows are clean and clear. You can improve the efficiency of your speaker system by adjusting the subsonic filter (variable from 20 to 50 Hz) to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce. Dial in the bass boost to bring on a bass-quake!
Like to be in control? The optional remote-mount digital voltmeter lets you keep an eye on power levels from the driver's seat, while the optional wired remote bass boost provides variable control over your low-frequency punch.
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- MOSFET power supply
- two 30-amp fuses
- 50-120 Hz low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 50 Hz)
- preamp outputs
- cooling fan
- cobalt blue illumination
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11-5/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 13-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # A8000T
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with two 30-amp fuses inserted into the chassis
- One 11" speaker-level input harness
- One 3mm Allen wrench
- One 3/32" Allen wrench
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 2 White gloves
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information/Product Registration Card
- One 11-3/4" x 3-3/4" window sticker
- One 12-1/4" x 1-1/2" window sticker
- Transworld MOTOcross subscription special offer
Audiobahn A8000T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiobahn A8000T
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||800 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||N/A|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.02%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-120Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Class A/B MOSFET Power Amplifier: This is a Class A/B amplifier that uses MOSFET devices for its amplification stage and power supply.
High-gloss Chrome-plated Finish: This amplifier has a high-gloss chrome-plated finish. A pair of white cotton gloves is included with the amplifier to prevent fingerprint smudges when handling and mounting the amp.
Cooling Fan: This amp has a built-in air intake and a cooling fan on top, ensuring cool, reliable operation.
Variable Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter (variable from 20Hz to 50Hz) allows the amplifier to block ultra-low frequencies that your subs can't reproduce, improving the efficiency of your speaker system.
Internal Crossover: The internal low-pass crossover is adjustable from 50Hz to 120Hz and has a slope of 18dB/octave.
Bass Boost: The bass boost control allows you to dial-in a 0dB to +18dB gain in bass output, centered at 50Hz. The optional ABR-100T remote bass boost control allows you to adjust the bass output from your seat.
Phase Shift Switch: The phase shift switch allows you to select 0 or 180 degrees. The phase shift switch can be used to prevent phase cancellation of low frequencies that are output by the subwoofer. Matching the phase of your subwoofer with the phase of other speakers in your system ensures bass response does not suffer due to phase cancellation.
Soft-Start Circuitry: The amplifier automatically turns on a few seconds after you turn your vehicle's ignition switch to ACC or ON.
Optional Digital Voltmeter: This amp can be used with an the optional ADM-100T remote-mount digital voltmeter.
Protection Circuitry: This amp has the following protection circuitry:
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
- Input Overload: shuts off the amp as a result of low voltage or over-voltage
- Short Circuit: shuts off the amp due to speaker or DC short
Front of Amplifier:
- Speaker: set screw terminals that can accept up to 8-gauge wire
- BATT (power): set screw terminal that can accept up to 4-gauge wire
- GND (ground): set screw terminal that can accept up to 4-gauge wire
- REM (remote turn-on): set screw terminal that can accept up to 8-gauge wire
Back of Amplifier:
- DVM: phone-type jack for use with optional remote-mount digital voltmeter
- Remote: phone-type jack for use with optional remote bass boost control
- High Input: 5-pin male jack for use with supplied speaker-level input harness