About the Delphi Overhead Monitor/DVD Player
With Delphi's fold-down, overhead monitor/DVD player combo, you can keep your backseat passengers entertained for hours on the road and you won't have to install and wire multiple components to do it.
The 10.2" screen provides a gorgeous, easy-to-see picture for your DVDs. The DVD player is versatile, capable of playing your DVDs, Video CDs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3 files burned on disc. Since the DVD player is built into the overhead monitor, you'll only have one component to install, which makes your life much, much easier.
The package also features a built-in infrared transmitter and two sets of wireless headphones (batteries included), so your backseat passengers will be able to enjoy their movies in privacy, and you'll still be able to listen to music up front. If everyone in the car wants to listen to what's on, the built-in wireless FM transmitter can broadcast the signal over an unused FM frequency on your vehicle's stereo.
Three audio/video inputs (two on a hideaway box, one on the main console) let you add additional sources, such as a videocassette player and a game console. A set of audio/video outputs lets you expand your system by connecting another monitor. If you have to install the monitor over your vehicle's dome light, don't worry the package includes dual dome lights. And a wireless remote is included for convenient system operation.
To best match your interior, two colors are available: gray and neutral
- 10.2" LCD manual fold-down monitor (16:9 aspect ratio)
- built-in single-disc DVD player
- plays DVDs, Video CDs, audio CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3 discs
- wireless FM transmitter sends DVD sound to your in-dash radio
- IR transmitter for wireless headphones
- two sets of wireless headphones (w/batteries)
- three sets of audio/video inputs
- one set of audio/video outputs
- mounting bracket
- dual dome lights
- wireless remote control (w/batteries)
- dimensions: 10-15/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 13"D (overhead monitor); 4-11/16"W x 1-1/8"H x 3-7/16"D (A/V connection box)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # MV10018-11B1
What's in the box:
- MV10018 Overhead monitor/DVD player
- 1 Metal mounting bracket
- 2 Metal mounting rails
- 2 Sets of wireless headphones
- 1 Wireless remote control
- 6 "AAA" batteries
- A/V connection box
- 11.5' Power harness (has in-line noise filter)
- 14.5" A/V cable (has a 16-pin connector on each end)
- Sixteen 0.471" plastic spacers
- Twelve 0.241" plastic spacers
- Twelve 0.121" plastic spacers
- Four 4" machine screws
- Four 3" machine screws
- Four 2" machine screws
- Four 1" machine screws
- 12 Self-tapping screws
- User Manual
- Installation Guide
Delphi Overhead Monitor/DVD Player reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Delphi Overhead Monitor/DVD Player
Overview: The DVDM-1020 features a 10.2" widescreen LCD monitor with built-in DVD player, wireless FM transmitter, and IR transmitter that sends the audio track to the supplied IR wireless headphones. Several audio/video inputs allow you to connect additional sources, such as a videocassette player and a video game console. Additionally, a set of audio/video outputs lets you expand your system with another monitor.
10.2" Widescreen Monitor: The 10" widescreen 16:9 TFT LCD has a total of 384,000 pixels, and is compatible with NTSC and PAL sources.
DVD Player: The DVD player can play the following discs: DVDs, Video CDs, audio CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3 discs.
Fast Scan: Discs can be scanned in either direction at 2x, 4x, 8x, or 15x normal speed.
Slow Motion: In the forward direction, you can choose one of the following slow motion speeds: 5%, 8%, 12%, 20%, 40%, or 70% normal speed. The following speeds are available in the reverse direction: 50% and 75% normal speed.
Repeat Playback: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter, current title, or entire disc. Using A-B Repeat, you can repeat any portion of the DVD. When playing an audio CD, Video CD, or MP3 CD, you can repeat the current track or entire disc.
Shuffle Playback: When playing an audio CD, Video CD, or MP3 disc, you can play the tracks in random order.
Intro Playback: When playing an audio CD, Video CD, or MP3 disc, you can play the first 10 seconds of each track or file on the disc.
Zoom: When playing a DVD, you can enlarge the picture using the zoom feature (1.5x).
Markers: This function allows you to store bookmarks on a disc that can be easily recalled. You can bookmark up to 5 scenes at a time.
Dynamic Range Compression: If the audio on a DVD is too loud and you can't hear low-level sound, such as dialogue, you can turn on the dynamic range compression. You can choose from the following settings: Maximum or Compressed.
Wireless FM Transmitter: The built-in FM transmitter sends the audio signal to your vehicle's radio. This feature lets you hear the audio playing through your vehicle's speakers. The FM frequency can be adjusted from 88.1 to 97.9 MHz.
IR Transmitter for Wireless Headphones: The built-in IR transmitter sends the audio track to the IR wireless headphones.
Adjustable Display Angle: For the best viewing angle, you can manually tilt the monitor.
Picture Adjustments: For optimal picture quality, you can make the following adjustments to the monitor: contrast, brightness, color, or tint.
Display Dimming: The light sensor allows the screen to dim automatically in a dark environment.
Screen Modes: You can choose from the following screen modes: Full or Normal.
Dome Lights: The overhead monitor/DVD player incorporates two dome lights. The dome light switch turns the dome lights on, or sets them to turn on automatically when the vehicle's interior lighting is activated.
Installation: The supplied metal support bracket must be mounted to the ceiling support beams in your vehicle, using the supplied self-tapping screws.
Back Panel of Overhead Monitor/DVD Player:
- A/V In: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
Front Panel of A/V Connection Box:
- A/V Out: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
Left Side of A/V Connection Box:
- A/V 2 In: left and right RCA audio jacks and an S-video jack
Back Panel of A/V Connection Box:
- A/V 1 In: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack
- Overhead Monitor/DVD Player: W=10.924", H=2.531" (9.942" with LCD open), D=12.938"
- A/V Connection Box: W=4.683", H=1.076", D=3.433"
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Pixels: 384,000
- Backlight Life: 10,000 hours
- Video Display System: NTSC, PAL, or Auto