About the Delphi SKYFi
Delphi's SKYFi system makes it easy for you to enjoy the endless programming variety of XM Satellite Radio at home and on the road! It all starts with the ingenious SKYFi add-on receiver, which features an exclusive five-line display (with adjustable font size) that shows song title, artist, and channel information. The sleek receiver is compact, making it easy for you to transfer it from car to home.
This basic package includes the receiver and a wireless remote control only. For the system to work, you'll also need to order a car kit, a home kit, or Delphi's innovative, portable Audio System boombox (or all three, if you'd like to use the receiver in multiple locations without having to get multiple subscriptions). The kits allow you to hook the receiver up to your car or home stereo system, and include everything you need to receive the XM signal. The Audio System integrates stereo speakers, a high-gain XM antenna, and a dock for the SKYFi receiver, and lets you listen to XM everywhere you go. A subscription to XM Satellite Radio is also required.
Navigation between channels is a breeze you can search by channel number or category using the rotary dial, and program up to 20 presets. Like the song you're listening to and think you might want to buy the CD? You can save the artist's name and song title on the current channel for future reference. Up to 10 different artists' names and song titles may be saved. The receiver also allows you to listen to one station while you preview the programming information on others, displaying five channel numbers and names while you're searching.
XM Satellite Radio brings you radio the way it was meant to be! With over 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, sports, and entertainment for just $9.99 a month, you can enjoy programming from the brightest talents in radio. Since the signal is beamed down from satellites, XM's crystal-clear programming can be heard anywhere in the lower 48 states. If you're tired of hearing the "same old thing," XM is perfect for you.
Antenna adapters might be required if you haven't already done so, please enter your vehicle information, and we'll include them free with your order (if needed).
- car kit and/or home kit required for XM reception
- red-orange display
- five lines of information, including song title, artist, and channel name and number
- channel preview allows you to preview other channels
- adjustable font size
- adjustable brightness and contrast
- rotary control
- direct numerical key input
- 20-channel programmable preset memory
- 10-entry artist name and song title memory
- adjustable line out level
- compatible with Delphi's Audio System boombox and Audio System AM/FM/CD/MP3 boombox
- wireless remote control
- 4-11/16"W x 1-1/2"D x 2-15/16"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SA50000
What's in the box:
- SKYFi add-on XM Satellite Radio receiver
- Wireless remote control
- 1 CR2032 lithium battery
- Operating Guide
- Quick Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Delphi SKYFi
Overview: This basic package includes the tuner and a wireless remote control only. For the system to work, you'll also need to order either a car kit or a home kit (or both, if you'd like to use the tuner at home and in the car and pay for only one subscription). The kits allow you to hook the tuner up to your car or home stereo system, and include everything you need to receive the XM signal. A subscription to XM Satellite Radio is also required.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming features up to 100 channels of digital-quality music, news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming nationwide, many of which are commercial free.
Display: While tuned to an XM channel, the display contains the following information: channel category, channel name and number, artist name, song title, signal strength indicator, and keypad mode (Direct, Preset A, or Preset B). The display has red-orange illumination.
Direct Entry: Using the numeric buttons on the supplied remote or the face of the receiver, you can directly access XM channels.
Channel Presets: The receiver can store up to 20 preset channels. They are organized into two different groups, or memory banks, Preset A and Preset B. Each memory bank can store up to 10 channels.
Channel Preview: You can use the preset keys and category search to preview the artists and songs currently playing on your favorite channels before deciding whether or not to select any of them.
Adjustable Font Size: The text can be enlarged allowing the display to be more readable from across a room in your home or office.
Artist Name and Song Title Memory: You can save the artist's name and song title on the current channel for future reference. Up to 10 different artist's names/song titles can be saved at once, after which any new information that is saved will replace the oldest information in memory.
Adjustable Brightness/Contrast: This control allows you to adjust the brightness and contrast of the display.
Line Out Level: You can adjust the receiver's audio level output if it is too high, causing distortion, or too low for your car or home/office stereo.
Auto Shutdown: You can set the tuner to automatically shut off 60, 120, or 180 minutes after it is turned on.
Overview: The supplied remote gives you access to all the controls that are on the receiver's front panel, as well as audio mute.
Receiver Front Panel:
- Power: turns the receiver on or off
- Display: with normal channel display, the display button toggles between normal display, large channel number, and scrolling text. When on the channel navigation screen, the display button toggles between channel name, artist name, and song title.
- Memory: saves whatever information is on the display screen
- Menu: allows you to select and change receiver configuration options
- Preset/Direct: switches between Direct Entry, Preset A, and Preset B
- Category <</>>: enters category search and displays channels grouped by category
- Enter: used to select channels and menu options
- Scroll Wheel: use the scroll wheel to scroll through and select a channel or a menu option
- Number Keys: used to select a channel or channel preset directly
Receiver Bottom Panel:
- Cradle/Stand Interface Connection: proprietary connector that interfaces with the vehicle cradle or home stand
Warning: The SKYFi system is not designed for use in airplanes. The receiver produces a level of electromagnetic interference that may negatively affect the instrumentation in planes and cause potentially dangerous situations.
The Delphi SKYFi replaces these items