About the Crimestopper CAM-400
Adaptable backup cam
Adaptable backup cam
Well, this just makes sense. Crimestopper's CAM-400 gives you a top-notch, waterproof backup cam and your choice of four mounts for a factory-worthy look.
One solid camera
Get a sharp yet expansive 170° view of obstacles behind you with Crimestopper's HD cam. Ultra-low Lux capability means that a dark night or dreary parking garage won't be an issue when you're navigating tight spots in reverse. Reverse image selectability also makes the CAM-400 functional as a front-view cam as well.
Which mount style suits your vehicle best? Square, flush, angle, or the contoured rubber mount? The eyeball-shaped CAM-400 fits into all of them. And Crimestopper gives you a 30-foot power/video cable to connect the camera to your monitor (not included) up front in your dash.
Note: You'll need to cut a 15/16" diameter hole for the supplied flush mount.
- waterproof CMOS color backup camera
- four mounting options: square, flush, angle, or contoured rubber mount
- universal fit
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 170° wide angle
- selectable parking guidelines
- selectable reverse image
- minimum illumination: 0.3 Lux
- resolution: 756 x 504
- IP rating: IP67
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CAM-400
What's in the box:
- Eyeball camera w/attached 6' cable (terminated in a proprietary male connector and includes jumper loops for Parking Lines and Mirror options)
- 24' Video extension cable (terminated in a proprietary female connector on one end and a composite video plug on other end. Both ends have bare ended red / black / and purple pass-through wires for power / ground and reverse signal)
- Flush-mount kit (includes: front camera housing / rubber spacer / short camera back-collar / long camera back-collar / mounting ring / rear camera housing)
- Square-mount kit (includes: square camera housing / housing back-piece / mounting plate w/adhesive backing / 16 mm Phillips-head machine screw / four 5 mm Phillips-head screws / one lock-washer)
- Angle-mount kit (includes: angled housing / bottom plate for housing / 1.5" x 1" piece of double-sided 3M tape / four 5 mm Phillips-head screws / two 11 mm Phillips-head screws)
- Rubber mount
- Spanner wrench (U-shaped wire tool)
- Installation manual
Crimestopper CAM-400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Crimestopper CAM-400
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear, front|
|Resolution||756 x 504|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||170|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||N/A|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Overview: The CrimeStopper CAM400 is a universal, commercial grade, HD camera designed to be mounted on the exterior of a vehicle, either front or rear, with 4 different mounting kits provided for either a Flush-mount, or a Surface-mount with options for Square, Angle, and Rubber mounts. It offers a wide 170˚ viewing angle and carries an IP67 marine grade waterproof rating. The default camera view is mirror, but can be changed by cutting the blue jumper loop on the main video/power cable, allowing for a normal rear view or for front mounting the camera. A second jumper loop, if cut, puts parking assist lines on the camera view. The camera has been designed for ultra low-light conditions for improved night visibility without the need for infrared lighting. The CAM400 camera can also be used with the CrimeStopper Black and Chrome license plate frames.
Dimensions: The dimensions of the CAM400 are:
- Eyeball Camera: Diameter 0.802", Depth 0.987", Cable Length 6'
- Flush Mount Bracket: Flange Diameter 1.062" Depth 0.736", Cutout Diameter: 0.943" (15/16")
- Angle Mount Bracket: Width 1.584", Height 1.008" Depth 1.167"
- Rubber Mount Bracket: Width 1.998", Height 0.892", Depth 1.045"
- Square Mount Bracket: Width 1.998", Height 1.998", Depth 1.088"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked