About the MB Quart MA1-440.4
For boating or backwoods riding
For boating or backwoods riding
MB Quart's MA1-440.4 M-Line amplifier packs a lot of power into a small package that's perfect for boating or powersports applications. It's small enough to fit almost anywhere, and tough enough to take almost anything. This rugged amp delivers 75 watts RMS per channel in 4-channel mode, or 220 watts per channel when bridged to 2-channel operation.
Runs speakers and/or subs
This versatile Class D amp can run almost any speaker combination — from multiple speakers (including tower and roll bar-mounted speakers) to thumpin' subwoofers. With high-pass and low-pass filters plus bass boost, you'll be able to tune your system to get the sound you want.
MB Quart takes their marine-rated amps seriously, so they build their amps to last. Conformal coating protects the internal circuits from water and dirt, while stainless steel hardware resists corrosion in even the saltiest environments.
More about MB Quart
Three decades of marine and powersports audio expertise goes into MB Quart marine amplifiers. These rugged, high-quality amps provide great sound and rugged, all-weather reliability. The MB Quart "Life Shield" badge means your gear has been designed and tested to stand up to the toughest conditions on the water or off the beaten path.
- 4-channel marine/powersports amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (110 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 220 watts x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for power sports and marine applications
- variable high- and low-pass filters
- channels 1 and 2: high-pass 50-300 Hz, 24 dB/octave
- channels 3 and 4: low-pass 50-3000 Hz, 24 dB/octave
- channels 3 and 4: high-pass 10-1000 Hz, 24 dB/octave
- 2 pairs of preamp inputs; one set of preamp outputs
- variable bass boost
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- dimensions: 8-5/16"W x 2"H x 6-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MA1-440.4
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 25A ATO fuses (installed)
- 2 Plastic terminal covers
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 1.5mm Allen wrench
- 4 Self-tapping screws (Length 5/8")
- Installation Manual
MB Quart MA1-440.4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MB Quart MA1-440.4
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.02%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||110 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||220 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-3000Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-1000Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The MB Quart MA1-440.4 is a 4-channel amplifier from the M-Line of Class D full-range amps. The amps are small and powerful, and can be mounted in areas where space is at a premium. The M-Line amplifiers feature a new "marinized" design, with conformal coating and stainless hardware, that make them perfect for marine or powersports applications.
Power Output: The MA1-440.4 has the following power output:
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω
- 110 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω
- 220 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged
Controls: The amp's controls are located on one side of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a flat-head screwdriver (not included) for making adjustments. There are independent controls for the front (channels 1&2) and rear (channels 3&4).
- Input Level: The rotary Input Level controls let you match the amplifier to the output of the connected source unit. If the source unit has a strong signal, you can keep the input level turned down. The Input Level control can be set between 0.2V and 6.0V.
- Input Mode: The Input Mode can be set to 2CH or 4CH via a 2-way switch. If you connect two pairs of RCA inputs from the source unit, you should set the amp to 4CH mode. If you only have one pair of RCA outputs, the amp should be set to 2CH mode, and all four channels will be fed signals from the single pair of inputs.
- Crossovers: The MA1-440.4 has selectable low-pass and
high-pass crossovers for both channel pairs. You can also configure the
amplifier for "bandpass" operation, setting the high-pass frequency below
the low-pass frequency. In this case, the high-pass crossover can be used as
a subsonic filter for driving subwoofers. The 3-way Crossover Mode switch
for Channels 3&4 lets you select LP/BP, HP, or Full. For Channels 1&2, you
can select Full, HP, or Dupe CH3-4 (which duplicates the settings for
Channels 3&4). The frequency controls range from the following:
- Channels 1&2: High Pass 50Hz to 300Hz (24dB/octave)
- Channels 3&4: High Pass 10Hz to 1000Hz (24dB/octave)
- Channels 3&4: Low Pass 50Hz to 3000Hz (24dB/octave)
- Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit boosts the bass response, centered at 45Hz, from 0dB to 9dB.
Connections: The MA1-440.4 has stainless connections that are resistant to corrosion when used in harsh environments. Set-screw terminals are used for power and speaker output connections. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the included 3mm or 1.5mm Allen wrenches. The amp has the following connections:
- RCA Inputs: Two pairs of RCA inputs are provided for connecting the amp to the source unit via RCA cables. With two pairs of inputs connected, fader control is possible from the source unit. If only one pair is connected, the Input Mode can be set to 2CH, and Channels 3&4 will be fed the signal from Channels 1&2, and fader control is lost.
- RCA Output: This pair of RCA line outputs allows you to send a full range signal to another amplifier or a powered subwoofer. This allows you to daisy-chain another amp without having to run an RCA cable from the source unit to the second amplifier.
- Power/Ground: These set-screw terminals for power and ground will accept up to 8-gauge power and ground wire. With a 50A fuse rating, it is recommended that a 50A fuse be placed on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
- Remote Turn-on: The remote turn-on terminal will accept up to 16-gauge wire. Typically an 18-gauge wire is included in an amp wiring kit.
- Speaker Outputs: Like the remote turn-on lead, the speaker output set-screw terminal will accept up to 16-gauge wire. Markings on the amp (+ and -) are provided for connecting four speakers, and for bridging the channel pairs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked